2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

19 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Bo Nix is 23…. He goes in the same bucket as Michael Penix and Jayden Daniel’s for me.

I think there’s a lot to be said about age when it comes to QBs, especially when they significantly play better in their age 23 and 24 years old seasons.  I don’t downgrade QBs for being 24 but when your comparing their longterm potential (by which I mean how their careers will turn out, not just the rookie year) a 20 year old like Quinn Ewers or JJ McCarthy has more upside then a guy like Bo Nix who are 23 years old currently.  
How good would Ewers and McCarthy be playing if they stayed for 3 more years in college?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Right now my QB rankings:

First Round Grades

1. Caleb Williams

2. Drake Maye

3. JJ McCarthy 

Second Round Grades

4. Bo Nix

5. Michael Penix

6. Jayden Daniels 

Agree with this, but I could see Nix going in round 1. Especially if he smokes the combine. Would love to get him in Round 2 if we can't get one of the rd 1 guys.

Can we at least admit now that trading up for a QB is well worth it? Even if you strike out, it’s well worth the risk. Stroud is amazing. Richardson looks like he’ll be solid. Richardson is raw and should of sat year one, yet he still looked really effective. 

Trade for Maye, Caleb, or McCarthy. The amount of picks it takes is irrelevant. If I was GM, Tua would have been on our roster in 2020, or Young/Stroud/Richardson in 2023 (I would have traded to #1 before the Panthers). We MUST trade up this season. Love Aidan and the fire he brings, but let’s not lose yet another couple years to the mentality of “give him a chance”. How many years did we do that with Carr? Many. This is a great QB class. Go get a top tier prospect at ANY cost. 

• Like 3

So there are 7 legit QB prospects : Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, JJ McCarthy , Bo Nix, Michael Pennix, Quinn Ewers, Jayden Daniels

who around the league needs QBs?    

• Patriots - Mac Is likely done
  • Jets- Rodgers nearly 40 and Wilson is iffy  
  • Steelers- Pickett has not looked good but they keep winning. I'm interested to see how he does down the stretch 
  • Raiders
  • Bears- be interesting to see how Fields finishes the season. They may be in position to draft Caleb or Drake 
  • Falcons- need a QB in the worst way 
  • Seahawks- Geno really hasn't played great and older. He needs to play good down the stretch 
  • Rams- Stafford is over 35 and has been having injuries. 

So there might potentially be 8 teams in the market for a young QB. I feel like the following teams and players put away any QB concerns 

• Tua- no injuries after a scary 2022 
  • Dak- has been balling out 
  • Sam Howell- has been playing good football 
  • Baker Mayfield- took a one year prove it deal, and he has been playing good football 
  • Kyler- he is underrated and looks great back from injury 
  • Brock Purdy- building off a strong rookie year 

Edited by Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Can we at least admit now that trading up for a QB is well worth it? Even if you strike out, it’s well worth the risk. Stroud is amazing. Richardson looks like he’ll be solid. Richardson is raw and should of sat year one, yet he still looked really effective. 

Trade for Maye, Caleb, or McCarthy. The amount of picks it takes is irrelevant. If I was GM, Tua would have been on our roster in 2020, or Young/Stroud/Richardson in 2023 (I would have traded to #1 before the Panthers). We MUST trade up this season. Love Aidan and the fire he brings, but let’s not lose yet another couple years to the mentality of “give him a chance”. How many years did we do that with Carr? Many. This is a great QB class. Go get a top tier prospect at ANY cost. 

Are we going to ignore the fact that the only team that did in fact trade up for a QB got absolutely fleeced? The Panthers rushed to try and find a franchise QB and gave up DJ Moore, likely the #1 pick in this years draft (Caleb/Maye), and a ton of additional draft capital for Bryce Young who has looked extremely mid.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Are we going to ignore the fact that the only team that did in fact trade up for a QB got absolutely fleeced? The Panthers rushed to try and find a franchise QB and gave up DJ Moore, likely the #1 pick in this years draft (Caleb/Maye), and a ton of additional draft capital for Bryce Young who has looked extremely mid.

We don’t have to trade to 1. Cause whoever drafts Caleb is probably disappointed anyways. But we need to trade into the Top 5 and we’ll probably be picking around 13 at the rate this season is going. 

• Like 2