The 2024 Draft. Tonight's the night...

vike daddy

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I doubt that since it's once again a pretty deep class at WR.  They can get a pretty good one at #28. 

I think they end up trading up into the teens to get their guy. My guess is it'll be Thomas from LSU.

The more I think about it, it really makes a lot of sense for Arizona to trade back with the Vikings. ( for both teams ) Trading back with the Vikings would give the Cardinals 3 1round picks this year ( 11,23, and 27 ) along with the 35th pick and 3 picks in the 3rd round ( 66,71, and 90 ). 7 picks in the top 90 is fantastic. They could add at least 4 ( maybe even more ) starters and make there team much improved this year and going forward. 

I believe a trade will happen and the Cardinals will be the team. Maye or McCarthy will be the pick. Can’t wait!!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

I believe a trade will happen and the Cardinals will be the team. Maye or McCarthy will be the pick. Can’t wait!!!

Maye could make it to 4 if the Patriots troll AZ by picking Harrison at 3. and WASH takes Daniels at 2.

that result would make AZ likely to trade, yes.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Maye could make it to 4 if the Patriots troll AZ by picking Harrison at 3. and WASH takes Daniels at 2.

that result would make AZ likely to trade, yes.

I believe they could trade out of that spot even if Harrison is there. They could take Thomas as 23 and pick up a stud defender at 11. And still have 27 and 35. With the WR core so deep, I think it would benefit Arizona in a big way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vikes22 said:

The more I think about it, it really makes a lot of sense for Arizona to trade back with the Vikings. ( for both teams ) Trading back with the Vikings would give the Cardinals 3 1round picks this year ( 11,23, and 27 ) along with the 35th pick and 3 picks in the 3rd round ( 66,71, and 90 ). 7 picks in the top 90 is fantastic. They could add at least 4 ( maybe even more ) starters and make there team much improved this year and going forward. 

So the Cards are passing on MHJ for one additional net first?  I hope that doesn’t happen but Monty is a sucker for picks so he could pull the trigger if they add their 25’ 1st.  Personally I would only do it for JJ/picks at which point the Vikings decline.  I don’t think the two teams are a good trade match because the Cards need a #1 WR in the worst way. 

• Like 1

@jofos: "McCarthy didn't play at all in 7 4th quarters. However, compared to what is viewed as the top QBs, first half passing attempts (minus screens):

McCarthy 199
Maye 194
Daniels 184
Williams 167

% of pass attempts (minus screens) against top-25 defense:

McCarthy 49.7%
Williams 35.4%
Maye 17.9%
Daniels 16.2%

Penn State had a smaller very quick defensive front and Michigan had trouble pas protecting, but they were picking up around 5 yards per rush. 

Most people that don't like McCarthy watch one or two games or maybe a few highlights, McCarthy is a guy that you need to watch every game."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GermanVike said:

I'm confident in our coaching staff with all top 5 QBs.

I wouldn't even be mad if we stayed put and picked Nix with the 23rd pick.

Nix is QB6. I'm fine with any of Williams/Daniels/Maye/McCarthy/Penix.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

@jofos: "McCarthy didn't play at all in 7 4th quarters. However, compared to what is viewed as the top QBs, first half passing attempts (minus screens):

McCarthy 199
Maye 194
Daniels 184
Williams 167

% of pass attempts (minus screens) against top-25 defense:

McCarthy 49.7%
Williams 35.4%
Maye 17.9%
Daniels 16.2%

Penn State had a smaller very quick defensive front and Michigan had trouble pas protecting, but they were picking up around 5 yards per rush. 

Most people that don't like McCarthy watch one or two games or maybe a few highlights, McCarthy is a guy that you need to watch every game."

Wait until you here all the excuses people come up with about these stats.😂.

Bottom line, it looks like McCarthy could be the real deal.

could he even be better then Williams👀???

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

No. Theres a reason why hes the consensus #1 pick.

EDIT: I guess i took this the wrong way. I took it as right now, in the present and not in the future.

Edited by Sad People

10 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

I don't see why not. Trevor Lawrence was supposed to be the next big thing, but for the most part, he's barely played like a top 20 QB. Caleb Williams is getting the same hype.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

i think what he'll be is a better Cousins.

• Like 2