Week 12 GDT: 49ers (1-10) vs Bears (3-8)

Sugashane

42 minutes ago, G08 said:

Yeah I don't get the bagging on Biscuit from yesterday's game... it was the smoothest game he played in quite some time. You can tell he really emphasized and focused on his footwork and upper body mechanics. He was throwing darts.

44 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

How did he regress in yesterday's game?  He looked better than the previous week against Philly and led a pretty nice TD drive in the 1st half.  I believe the play calling had more to do with him not doing much the rest of the game.

Let me guess, you are one of those typical Bears fans expecting a rookie 1st year QB to light it up his first year on the job with garbage coaching and wide receivers?

I'm not expecting him to light it up every week. I'm expecting him to light up a terrible SF defense. I totally agree the play calling and the overall personal decision making is terrible but I don't really see him flashing like he did earlier in the year. 

It's disappointing all I see him do is throw it within 10 yards. It's as if he is scared to throw it deep.  

Just now, Nads786 said:

I'm not expecting him to light it up every week. I'm expecting him to light up a terrible SF defense. I totally agree the play calling and the overall personal decision making is terrible but I don't really see him flashing like he did earlier in the year. 

It's disappointing all I see him do is throw it within 10 yards. It's as if he is scared to throw it deep.  

Is San Francisco's defense really that terrible?  I mean they are 8th in total points allowed on the season and have guys like Deforest Buckner and Soloman Thomas on the line,  Reuben Foster and Elvis Dumervil at LB, and Eric Reid at safety.  

Instead of wondering if Mitch is scared to throw deep is it fair to ask if the WRs are getting enough separation so that they give Mitch a chance of completing those types of throws? On the other hand is the scheme creative enough to find ways for these guys to get open and give Mitch enough time to find those open targets? 

I don't think Mitch is scared of anything, I think our dumb-**** coaching staff has hammered into his skull to protect the ball at all costs.

At UNC if he saw a window he'd let it rip without even thinking twice. Now? He hears John Fox and Dowell Loggains screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in his mind.

Archived