Week 12 GDT: 49ers (1-10) vs Bears (3-8)

Sugashane

Man I hate this coaching staff with a passion. Can't even lose right...

This may be an unpopular opinion, especially with the lead, but with how automatic Robbie was kicking all day I'm letting SF walk right in for a TD late and then try and win the game on offense.

Playing scared does not get you wins in this league. Can't wait to start over with a on entire new staff.  I have no hope with these coaches. 

At least our draft slot is getting better by the week...

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

It is getting hard to defend Ryan Pace.

This organization is a pathetic mess.

I'm assuming this is in reference to Pace cutting Robbie Gould?

Other than that did you really expect this coaching staff to outduel Shanahan? It's not as if the Bears are that much more talented than the 49ers...

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm assuming this is in reference to Pace cutting Robbie Gould?

Other than that did you really expect this coaching staff to outduel Shanahan? It's not as if the Bears are that much more talented than the 49ers...

If they have more at all. If both teams are completely healthy we have the edge, but they had more talent to field and better coaches as well.

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

Pace has not provided enough talent for this team. It's really simple as that, yes coaching is bad but talented players help you win games. Pace is on the hot seat IMO.

Doubtful he's on the hot seat. He drafted Trubisky.  He will at least be allowed to hire the next head coach. 

6 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I really doubt Pace’s job is in jeopardy. There’s enough talent on the team for them to not be this much of a mess.

Ya I don't really know why people continue to bring up Pace' s name week after week. He's not going anywhere.

This pathetic display of a team is mostly on the coaching staff.  They continue to have this team play bland and conservative football with no creativity whatsoever and routinely get outcoached.

To add to it they refuse to play younger guys like Cohen and Shaheen more. These guys are the future along with Mitch. Let them get valuable reps. I'm dumbfounded why they aren't getting more touches.

42 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Pace has not provided enough talent for this team. It's really simple as that, yes coaching is bad but talented players help you win games. Pace is on the hot seat IMO.

It’s really a chicken or the egg argument, but it’s hard to tell if the players he’s brought in are worth a damn with a coaching staff this inept. Staff won’t play Shaheen over Daniel Brown, Wheaton OR Wright over Josh frickin Bellamy, use Cohen properly, let Floyd rush the passer on all passing situations, play Deiondre’ Hall over a known bum they just resigned 2 days ago, etc. etc. Pace has had some obvious missteps for sure but it’s highly TBD at this juncture how much of this is on the players versus those setting the game plans. Our rookie QB has thrown 16 passes or fewer in 3 of 8 games. Even in a conservative approach that is an absurdity. 

By contrast, SF had no name WRs all over the field consistently open all game. That’s scheme. If it’s on Pace that Loggains is still here (I don’t think it is) then he wears it come evaluation time. Shanahan & Co. showed again today that you can still be productive without stars at the skill positions. 

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It is getting hard to defend Ryan Pace.

This organization is a pathetic mess.

I mean, if it's true he had no say in hiring Fox and isn't the one pulling all the strings, what can ya do. 

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

By contrast, SF had no name WRs all over the field consistently open all game. That’s scheme. If it’s on Pace that Loggains is still here (I don’t think it is) then he wears it come evaluation time. Shanahan & Co. showed again today that you can still be productive without stars at the skill positions. 

Before the season started, the Jets had one of the worst on-paper rosters I’ve ever seen.

Jets: 5-7, 20.7 ppg, 314.5 ypg 

Bears: 3-9, 16.1 ppg, 287.5 ypg

The Jets also look like they’re playing harder than the Bears.

Am I the only one that's really truly happy for Robbie and his big game against his former team? I loved seeing it, as much as it sucks watching a loss. For years he was pretty much my favorite player on the Bears, wildly consistent and sometimes the only good thing going for the Bears. For us to cut him loose (and it was necessary) and have him come back and beat us by hitting 100% of his field goals, it was a thing of beauty. 

4 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Am I the only one that's really truly happy for Robbie and his big game against his former team? I loved seeing it, as much as it sucks watching a loss. For years he was pretty much my favorite player on the Bears, wildly consistent and sometimes the only good thing going for the Bears. For us to cut him loose (and it was necessary) and have him come back and beat us by hitting 100% of his field goals, it was a thing of beauty. 

I'm happy for him as well. I understood we needed to move on, but that doesn't mean he wasn't part of a fantastic stretch for us.  I hope he climbs the all time ranks.

It is like how I felt when Pujols left the Cards. He gave the best years of a HoF career, be happy with that instead of being bitter.

Archived