Week 12 GDT: 49ers (1-10) vs Bears (3-8)

Sugashane

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We don't have to have anything.

Pace waiting on his QB is fine, but I would expect that years 1 and 2 were used to build up other areas and the other areas got beat by a 1-10 team in year 1 of a rebuild.

I would also expect you to put the QB in a position to succeed. Instead he has terrible coaches and WRs and this seems like a bit of a wasted year.

Pace doesn't reset the clock without Trubisky. In fact Trubisky has exposed areas where he has been bad at adding talent. 

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Outside of the WR, OLB and K positions I'd say Pace has done a pretty good job of adding talent and overall depth to the team considering where it was when he arrived, but feel free to differ.

And yes it does feel like a wasted year with 1 more year of Fox but we don't know that Pace didn't want to fire him last year but was denied by ownership due to financial reasons.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Outside of the WR, OLB and K positions I'd say Pace has done a pretty good job of adding talent and overall depth to the team considering where it was when he arrived, but feel free to differ.

And yes it does feel like a wasted year with 1 more year of Fox but we don't know that Pace didn't want to fire him last year but was denied by ownership due to financial reasons.

Subjectively; he has added talent.

Objectively: they are a really bad team.

This addition of "talent" and "depth" has not amounted to an actual improvement. In fact they are worse than the year he took over.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Subjectively; he has added talent.

Objectively: they are a really bad team.

This addition of "talent" and "depth" has not amounted to an actual improvement. In fact they are worse than the year he took over.

No one is denying their record stinks but the majority of us realize that better coaching would tell a different story right now and thus the reason we feel Pace needs a little more time to see his plan through.  If you can't see that then I'm sorry I can't reason with you.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I think this is a better roster than the way they are being coached and told to play this game.

I think this is the biggest thing, with better coaching I don't see how there isn't at least three more wins four if Howard catches the ball against Atlanta.

6 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I think this is the biggest thing, with better coaching I don't see how there isn't at least three more wins four if Howard catches the ball against Atlanta.

Agreed, but that's the mega-***** of it all... who the hell is going to be our next coach? Every single one of these candidates has their flaws.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Agreed, but that's the mega-***** of it all... who the hell is going to be our next coach? Every single one of these candidates has their flaws.

That is why I was all aboard getting Kyle Shannahan last off season. Can't say I wanted McVay because I knew almost nothing about him.

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Absolutely. A better coach would likely have had Cohen in there instead. His hands are a hell if a lot better, and the catch would have been clean and quick. 

28 minutes ago, G08 said:

LaCanfora (so take it for what it's worth) is saying that Gary Kubiak is interested in coming back as an OC for the right team.

I like it. With an offensive coach 

With a defensive coach, NO, that way Trubisky can learn a 3rd offense when Kubiak retires or has health issues again.

1 minute ago, Rogerthat said:

tresman/emery > fox/pace.

if the bears lose to the browns no one is going to come here.

bears vs browns must win game for ryan pace. 

It would be so Bears for them to lose to and give Cleveland their first win of the season.

I have a feeling though that won't be the case.  Mitch will be fired up for this game going against his hometown team who passed on him with the #1 pick last year.

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

It would be so Bears for them to lose to and give Cleveland their first win of the season.

I have a feeling though that won't be the case.  Mitch will be fired up for this game going against his hometown team who passed on him with the #1 pick last year.

Fired up? He has regressed in the last couple of games I feel like they are asking him to not lose the game now. No shots down field, they don't play any rookies, I'm shocked at how bland this offense is.

12 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Fired up? He has regressed in the last couple of games I feel like they are asking him to not lose the game now. No shots down field, they don't play any rookies, I'm shocked at how bland this offense is.

How did he regress in yesterday's game?  He looked better than the previous week against Philly and led a pretty nice TD drive in the 1st half.  I believe the play calling had more to do with him not doing much the rest of the game.

Let me guess, you are one of those typical Bears fans expecting a rookie 1st year QB to light it up his first year on the job with garbage coaching and wide receivers?

Yeah I don't get the bagging on Biscuit from yesterday's game... it was the smoothest game he played in quite some time. You can tell he really emphasized and focused on his footwork and upper body mechanics. He was throwing darts.

Archived