2023 RDT 'Dr. Rush- Hero or Villain?'

DreamKid

16 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He seems destined to go the "play 2-3 years for us then leave in FA" route, though.

I refuse to let that happen.

But in all seriousness I think one of Madubuike/Washington walk this year so I can see us resigning Jones in a few years as the staple DL moving forward

Think it flew a bit under the radar last year how solid JPP played for us as a street FA signing. Wouldn’t hate bringing him back towards the end of TC on a cheap 1 year if the staff isn’t in love with the OLB room going into the year

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mike has performed admirably against the Bengals during his tenure as DC, and it seems like other teams are even starting to copy his blueprint when going against Burrow. Which is cool, but I loved Mike's response before our last game against them where he said "We lost two of the three games and they ended our season". Mentioning how the defense can always do more to really force the outcomes of these games. That's the right mindset to have and getting the dub against them on Sunday after those comments drives the point home. It's clear that on both sides of the ball our players and coaches are aligned in their approach, praise isn't what they're striving for- only wins. 

13 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Speaking of the defense.

Hot take, but Justin Madubuike can quickly gtfo of this team. I'm so sick of every game him having a drive-extending bone headed penalty that gets him benched. He's not good enough to excuse that weekly event.

I agree actually. For a player who runs as hot and cold as he does, he has to stop the mistakes when he's cold (which is more often than we'd like). Has to.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'd still say Madubuike is our best D-lineman.

I don’t necessarily disagree, but I think that’s more a function of everyone in the room being solid but not having a real standout at the position.

Even if that’s the case, still doesn’t excuse him from committing 4 (!) penalties in the first 2 weeks of the season as a DL.