Devils 2023 Prospect Rankings

devils1854

I dont think I have done a prospect ranking on here in a few years. Ive been putting them together but Ive just been giving them to a few friends in the baseball card game that enjoy me making money for them. Ive had this finished since about mid February but life and death and all that **** happens. I know the rankings are already outdated. I havent looked to see who has graduated and all. Ill try to do an update midseason but I dont know if that will come. I need to do work on the draft rankings. I dont even have a top 50 at the moment.

Ive been to only three minor league games so far this year. I saw AJ Smith-Shawver pitch for High A Rome at the start of the year and I think its safe to say he will be a top 100 prospect when rankings update throughout the industry. Ive also seen two Greenville Drive(Boston) games. First was against Asheville(Houston) and the second against Hudson Valley(NYY). The biggest take away for me is that I dont think I like Marcelo Mayer at all. The good is that he might have 80 hands and wrists. The way he can get the barrel on the ball no matter the location and put it where no one is, is incredible. High and inside, low and in, or away. Ive seen him take pitches everywhere and turn them into hits. Now why do I not like him as much? He plays the game with absolutely no energy. He acts like he is in a library. I dont think Ive seen a player give off a "I dont give a ****" vibe more than him. Maybe its the Cali in him, and as long as he is in Greenville, Ill get more looks, but I dont think Id want him on my team. The only other stuff I have on Greenville is Blaze Jordan isnt a major leaguer and Max Ferguson is and will play 3-4 positions. Asheville-Drew Gilbert had an awful day when I was there. I think he had three hits but none were hit over 80 mph I dont think and he just doesnt look like he can impact the baseball at this level. Also, he played right while Jacob Melton played center. He's losing a lot of value there. Finally, Hudson Valley. Spencer Jones hit two oppo bombs over the Green Monster the game I saw. Neither were crushed. More of lazy pop flys that made it over the wall, but the fact that he went the opposite way and was able to hit the balls that far, was impressive. He did have a couple blunders in center. No chance he plays there in the future. The arm is 70+ so stick him in right and let him play above average defense there. 

POSITIONAL TOP 10(ish)
-Player listed with best two tools on the 20-80 scale
-(H)it, (P)ower, (S)peed, (D)efense, (FB)astball, (SL)ider, (CH)angeup, (CU)rve, (SP)lit, (CO)mmand
-Level listed is guestimation

C
1.Endy Rodriguez||AAA||Pittsburgh
50/65H, 45/55D
2.Kevin Parada||A+||NY Mets
35/65H, 40/60P
3.Francisco Alvarez||MLB||NY Mets
50/65P, 40/45H
4.Harry Ford||A+||Seattle
60/55S, 30/55H
5.Logan O'Hoppe||MLB||LA Angels
45/55H, 35/55P
6.Tyler Soderstrom||AAA||Oakland
45/65P, 35/60H
7.Dalton Rushing||A+||LA Dodgers
40/60H, 40/55P
8.Diego Cartaya||AA||LA Dodgers
40/65P, 35/45H
9.Bo Naylor||MLB||Cleveland
40/50P, 35/50D
10.Drew Romo||AA||Colorado
40/65D, 30/55H

After his breakout 2022 season, Endy Rodriguez has not only passes Henry Davis as the best catcher in the Pirates organization, he has moved to the top of my catcher list. Endy is very athletic and could be moved around the diamond to get his plus bat in the lineup. If he stays at catcher, he could use his athleticism to become one of the best defensive catchers in the game. I had Parada as a top five player in the draft last year because of the potential of having plus power to go along with a plus hit tool. I am definitely not as high on Francisco Alvarez as a lot of people. He might have the most power of any catcher in the minors that could lead to 35+ home runs regularly but his hit tool is not average and he is a big guy that might night be able to play catcher much longer. I dont have Harry Ford with a plus grade from any skill but he is the only catcher to grade out at 55 on all four tools, and at his age, we could see even more in the bat.

Whose Next? 
-Dalton Rushing, 2022 1st round pick of the Dodgers that hit .424/.539/.778 in 28 games in A ball after getting drafted.
-Jeferson Quero, made it to A+ for the last month of the season in 2022 as a 19 year old. Better pitch recognition is the key for the next step.

1B
1.Triston Casas||MLB||Boston
50/60P, 45/55H
2.Kyle Manzardo||AA||Tampa Bay
45/65H, 40/50P
3.Francisco Alvarez||MLB||NY Mets
50/65P, 40/45H
4.Tyler Soderstrom||AAA||Oakland
45/65P, 35/60H
5.Christian Encarnacion-Strand||AAA||Cincinnati
50/70P, 40/45D
6.Mark Vientos||AAA||NY Mets
45/65P, 40/50D
7.Dustin Harris||AAA||Texas
50/50S, 40/50H
8.Jonathan Aranda||MLB||Tampa Bay
45/55H, 40/50P
9.Austin Wells||AAA||NY Yankees
40/55P, 35/50H
10.Jacob Berry||A+||Miami
40/55P, 30/50H

*Some position projections for players*
The starting 1B job for Boston has been given to Triston Casas. The power hasnt always shown up in games while in the minors but its there in his body waiting to come out, and until it does, he has the ability to spray the ball all over the wall in Boston. Manzardo has a chance to win a batting title in Tampa. The hit tool is that good. If he can find more power, then it will be one of the absolute best hitting profiles in the game. Encarnacion-Stroud could have made the Cincinnati roster out of spring but the Reds decided to send him to AAA to learn to play first. He could be a valuable player if he can hit above .225. Dustin Harris has played 1st, 3rd, and now left field in professional baseball. He wont be the worst left fielder in the league if he plays there in the majors, and Harris is more athletic than anyone on this list, but it still wont be average defense and Texas will want to get his bat in the lineup. During his time in the minors, he has hit for over .300, has walked over 10% of the time, and has struck out in less than 20% of his at bats. 

Whose Next?
Tyler Locklear, Seattle's second round pick out of VCU in 2022. He played mostly third in college and during his first taste of professional ball, but first should be his final position, and he could have two above average batting tools at the position. 

2B
1.Termarr Johnson||A+||Pittsburgh
25/70H, 25/55P
2.Nick Yorke||AA||Boston
35/60H, 30/50P
3.Zack Gelof||AAA||Oakland
55/55S, 35/50H
4.Ji Hawn Bae||MLB||Pittsburgh
65/65S, 45/65H
5.Jordan Westburg||AAA||Baltimore
55/55S, 35/50H
6.Michael Busch||MLB||LA Dodgers
40/50H, 40/50P
7.Connor Norby||AAA||Baltimore
30/55H, 50/50S
8.Jace Jung||A+||Detroit
35/55H, 35/55P
9.Justin Foscue||AAA||Texas
40/50H, 35/50P
10.Matt McLain||AAA||Cincinnati
60/60S, 45/55D

I dont think Ive ever seen(or have read) a high school hitter having a plus plus hit tool. I currently have six total players graded with a 65 hit tool, but I dont have a single player with a 70 hit tool like Termarr Johnson. He can be that special of a player if Pittsburgh doesnt mess him up. In his first full season as a 19 year old, Nick Yorke blazed through A ball for the Red Sox and made it to A+, where he had a great last month. Yorke was sent back to A+ this year and never made it out. It wasnt the worst season for a player, but he showed some potential holes with the bat. I did not see anything that would deter me from having confidence that Yorke will be a solid contributor in the majors. You probably wont see Ji Hwan Bae on any top 100 lists, but he does posses two tools that grade out at 65(hit, speed) and I am a tools guy. He currently doesnt have an ounce of power in his bat and I dont know if he ever will. If he does, he could be an above average regular to a potential all star, but if he doesnt, he will never be more than the first guy off the bench. 

Whose Next?
-Ian Lewis, The Marlins have had a bad track record of developing hitters the last five years or so. From JJ Bleday to Monte Harrison to Lewis Brinson, guys have been failing over and over in Miami. Will Lewis be any different? You dont see many 5'10 2B with the bat speed and potential power that Lewis possesses but he is also very raw and the hit tool has a very long way to go. He just turned 20 in February, so we should hopefully see improvement soon.
-Cade Doughty, 2022 2nd round pick out of LSU. Doughty plays both 2nd and 3rd for Toronto. He isnt fast and not a great defender, so I see him profiling at second. That should be the best place for him because he could be an above average regular there with potential 50 hit and 50 power tools. 

3B
1.Brett Baty||AAA||NY Mets
40/65P, 40/55H
2.Josh Jung||MLB||Texas
45/60P, 40/55H
3.Cam Collier||A||Cincinnati
25/65P, 30/60H
4.Curtis Mead||AAA||Tampa Bay
40/60H, 35/50P
5.James Triantos||A+||CHI Cubs
30/60H, 50/50S
6.Casey Schmitt||AAA||San Francisco
45/65D, 35/50P
7.Coby Mayo||AA||Baltimore
35/65P, 30/50D
8.Jordan Groshans||MLB||Miami
40/55H, 50/50S
9.Warming Bernabel||AA||Colorado
35/55H, 30/50P
10.Deyvison De Los Santos||AA||Arizona
35/65P, 30/50D
11.Cayden Wallace||A+||Kansas City
30/55P, 50/50S
12.Junior Caminero||A||Tampa Bay
30/55P, 30/50H
13.Colt Keith||AA||Detroit
35/55H, 30/55P
14.Bryan Ramos||AA||Chicago Sox
35/55P, 30/50H
15.Dariel Lopez||AA||Pittsburgh
35/65P, 30/50H

I dont think Baty is going to spend much time in AAA this year. He has done all he has needed to in the minors. If he can reach his potential, he will be hitting in the middle of the Mets order for years to come. Cam Collier was one of my favorite prospects in the 2022 draft. He skipped his senior year of high school, and at 17 years old, dominated during his lone JUCO season. I have his hit tool at a 60 and power at 65, but his frame could allow for more mass and power, and his hit tool could improve as he ages. He could be the most special prospect in a class that has the potential to be one of the best in years. James Triantos spent all of 2022 in A ball at 19 years old. He had a respectable year hitting .272 and only striking out 16% of the time. Power did not show up during the year, but most think its coming. He has the chance to be special. 

Whose Next?
-Junior Caminero, he could be the next big infield prospect for the Rays. He wont turn 20 until July but has already turned in an excellent month in single A Charleston. The potential could be massive, and if he gets anywhere close to it, he could have plus tools from a hitting perspective.
-Ignacio Alvarez, the Braves went over slot in the 5th round in this past draft to grab Alvarez from a JUCO in California. Alvarez rewarded them by hitting .279 and walking 13.7% in 15 games at the complex, and hitting .294 and walking 26.8% in 15 games in single A. Its an advanced approach at 19 years old but he will need to show more power to be seriously considered a top prospect. 

SS
1.Gunnar Henderson||MLB||Baltimore
50/65D, 45/60H
2.Elly De La Cruz||AAA||Cincinnati
70/70S, 45/70P
3.Anthony Volpe||MLB||NY Yankees
40/60H, 40/60P
4.Jackson Holliday||A||Baltimore
25/65H, 25/60P
5.Noelvi Marte||AA||Cincinnati
35/65P, 35/55H
6.Marcelo Mayer||A+||Boston
30/60H, 40/60D
7.Jordan Lawlar||AA||Arizona
45/60D, 30/55H
8.Brooks Lee||AA||Minnesota
35/60H, 30/55P
9.Zach Neto||AA||LA Angels
35/60H, 30/50P
10.Colson Montgomery||AA||Chicago Sox
30/60P, 35/55H
11.Oswald Peraza||MLB||NY Yankees
60/60S, 50/60D
12.Jackson Merrill||AA||San Diego
35/65H, 50/50S
13.Marco Luciano||AA||San Francisco
30/65P, 30/50H
14.Royce Lewis||MLB||Minnesota
40/60P, 60/55S
15.Masyn Winn||AAA||St Louis
45/65D, 60/60S
16.Liover Peguero||AAA||Pittsburgh
60/60S, 35/55H
17.Ezequiel Tovar||MLB||Colorado
45/65D, 35/60H
18.Jose Salas||A+||Minnesota
25/60H, 25/55P
19.Carson Williams||A+||Tampa Bay
30/55P, 35/55D
20.Ronny Mauricio||AA||NY Mets
45/60P, 45/55D
21.Edwin Arroyo||A+||Cincinnati
55/55S, 40/55D
22.Brice Turang||MLB||Milwaukee
45/60D, 55/55S
23.Peyton Graham||A+||Detroit
55/55S, 30/50H
24.Austin Martin||AAA||Minnesota
40/60H, 55/55S
25.Brayan Rocchio||AAA||Cleveland
40/55D, 35/50H

I extended the shortstop list to 25 because there are that many talented guys. I think all either have some case to be on a top 100 list or they have the promise to be on the list in the future. Someone like Ezequiel Tovar is 17th on this list, but he his on the short list of favorites for the Rookie of the Year in the preseason. He is going to stick at short and play Gold Glove caliber defense. If he can hit at all then the Denver air will take care of the rest. I wanted any reason to have Elly De La Cruz as my #1 player here. 70 power and 70 speed. Almost like Oneil Cruz. He doesnt quite have the 70 arm that Oneil possesses. Unfortunately, I could not find enough reasons to have Elly above Henderson. Gunnar has an extremely high floor. He is going to start for Baltimore and he is going to be successful. Just how successful? His ceiling keeps getting higher. He has gotten better every year, and I see him becoming one of the best hitters in the game. It looks like he will start the year at third for the Orioles with Jorge Mateo at short, but Mateo is not the long term answer. I think he will probably slide over to short once someone is ready to come up and man third. Either a Jordan Westburg or a Connor Norby maybe. At least until Jackson Holliday is ready. Gunnar is a gold glove third baseman. The potential to be best in the game. He should be an average to slightly above average shortstop. 

Whose Next?
Peyton Graham, 2022 2nd round pick Detroit. Graham started 2022 as a toolsy but unproven sophomore third baseman at Oklahoma and much like the Sooners team, he improved drastically throughout the year and was one of the best in the country by the end of the season. Graham is tall and lean and is just starting to fill out his body and unlock athleticism that looks like it will allow him to play shortstop at the professional level. I had Graham as a top 20 player in the draft and believe that its possible he can continue to improve into an all star calliber player. 

Blaze Alexander, The Diamondbacks went overslot in the 11th round in 2018 to keep Blaze away from college, and although he was a very talented and well thought of player in high school, he never showed that talent in games until 2023 when he broke out in AA at 23 years old. Im not totally sold on the breakout since he was in a hitter friendly stadium, but he will continue to get chance after chance to prove it wasnt a fluke because he is a no doubt shortstop at the major league level. 

CF
1.Corbin Carroll||MLB||Arizona
70/70S, 60/70D
2.Jackson Chourio||AA||Milwaukee
70/70S, 35/65P
3.Pete Crow-Armstrong||AA||Chicago Cubs
45/70D, 60/60S
4.Elijah Green||A||Washington
25/70P, 70/70S
5.Druw Jones||A||Arizona
45/65D, 20/60P
6.James Wood||A+||Washington
35/65P, 60/55S
7.Ceddanne Rafaela||AAA||Boston
65/80D, 60/60S
8.James Outman||MLB||LA Dodgers
60/60S, 45/55D
9.Sal Frelick||AAA||Milwaukee
50/65H, 60/60S
10.Evan Carter||AA||Texas
35/60H, 60/60S
11.Robert Hassell||AA||Washington
30/55H, 55/55S
12.Jasson Dominguez||AA||NY Yankees
30/60P, 60/55S
13.Luis Matos||AA||San Francisco
60/60S, 30/55H
14.Garrett Mitchell||MLB||Milwaukee
70/70S, 50/65D
15.Miguel Bleis||A||Boston
25/60P, 55/55S
16.Alex Ramirez||AA||NY Mets
30/55P, 55/55S
17.Everson Pereira||AA||NY Yankees
35/55P. 30/50H
18.Colin Barber||AA||Houston
30/55H, 55/55S
19.Johan Rojas||AA||Philadelphia
70/70S, 50/70D
20.Jeremy De La Rosa||A+||Washington
60/60S, 30/55P

Corbin Carroll is the best current prospect in baseball and Im not sure we have seen where he ceiling will be. Carroll was a raw, but talented, high schooler that went in the first round of the draft in 2019, but he missed almost all of the next two seasons because of covid and an injury. 2022 was his first full season in professional baseball, and it looks like Carroll could be a true five tool player and potentially one of the best players in the game with two plus plus tools in his defense in center and his speed, plus hitting tool, and a power grade that I have as above average at a 55, but that could even be a plus. We just dont know yet. Elijah Green is the best draft prospect since Bryce Harper and I will stand by it. Many experts had him #1 for most of his high school career, but a little issue with strike outs during his junior season caused some to throw up red flags and caused him to drop on some teams boards. I know  Green has 70 power potential. He has 70 speed and he uses that 70 speed in center field, along with a plus arm, to profile as plus as a defender. Thats four tools that are louder than almost every other prospect in baseball, but the main tool, the hit tool, is the question. I have it conservatively as a 45 right now. Im not as worried about strike outs as others. I think the talent is there. I just want to see him do it in games before I crown him as the best prospect in baseball. Since Ive talked about a lot of great defense here, lets finish with the best defensive center fielder in the minors, Ceddanne Rafaela of the Boston Red Sox. He has played all over the field for the Red Sox so far but they have found him a home in center recently and he uses great instincts with his plus speed to track anything down hit in his vicinity. Ceddanne really came on radars in 2022 because of his bat. He was red hot for two months in A+ Greenville and then finished the year respectfully for a 21 year old in AA. He doesnt have plus power, but he has enough in his body to keep things interesting. He is going to need to improve his plate discipline some to be a respectable hitter in the big leagues. He doesnt strike out a ton, but he does not walk at all, and needs to swing at better pitches more consistently. 

Whose Next?
Colin Barber, 110 games is all Barber has played since being drafted out of high school in 2019. It has been a long road, but Barber finally enjoyed some success in 2022, even though it was only in 66 games. He has shown flashes of a plus hit tool while healthy to go along with plus speed and descent defense. He could sky rocket up boards if he is able to put together a fully healthy season.

Brenton Doyle, Going mostly under the radar since being drafted out of Division 2 in 2019, Doyle is quietly becoming a solid prospect. Plus speed and a plus arm in center with good instincts. He had a 20-20 season last year in AA at 24 years old. His age and the fact that he strikes out over 30% of his at bats have held him back. Some swing adjustments have helped. More are needed. 

COF
1.Jordan Walker||MLB||St Louis
50/70P, 45/60H
2.Joey Wiemer||AAA||Milwaukee
40/65P, 60/60S
3.Zac Veen||AA||Colorado
55/55S, 30/55P
4.Brennen Davis||AAA||Chicago Cubs
40/60P, 40/55D
5.Gavin Cross||AA||Kansas City
35/55H, 55/55S
6.Andy Pages||AAA||LA Dodgers
50/65P, 40/50D
7.George Valera||AAA||Cleveland
40/60P, 50/50S
8.Kevin Alcantara||AA||CHI Cubs
30/65P, 30/55D
9.Oscar Colas||AAA||CHI Sox
40/55P, 35/50H
10.Nolan Jones||AAA||Colorado
35/55P, 40/50D

Out of high school, Jordan Walker was thought of as a power prospect that could have contact issues and could grow into first base sooner than later. He slid to St Louis in the first and two years later, he is the starting right fielder for the Cardinals. He is an incredible athlete that has wowed everyone in showing not only the ability to translate to the outfield, but he has shown glimpses of Gold Glove caliber play in right field, not the easier left field. The power has grown to plus plus but the hit tool could be plus and he could truly be a special player in the majors if that is the case. Joey Wiemer is a little similar to Walker in the fact that while at the University of Cincinnati, Wiemer was a right fielder that looked to be on the first base express way. Once drafted by Milwaukee, not only were they able to unlock his power with a swing change, they were able to help Wiemer take his athleticism to another notch and now two of his carrying tools are his speed and defense to go along with light tower power. If he can become an average hitter, he will turn heads for the Brewers. I had Heston Kjerstad as a mid first round pick in 2020. He's not very athletic, and I wasnt sure that he was going to swing the bat enough for his plus power to matter, and even if he does become a solid hitter, he might be a DH. Heston developed myocarditis and did not make his debut professionally until June of 2022. He was excellent during the season. He followed that up with an impressive Arizona Fall League. He still has a good bit of swing and miss, but could that go away some with more time back? The power is still there. He will get a shot in the outfield. He has a strong arm, so maybe left field could be his home. If he continues to improve in 2023, he could crack the top 100 at the end of the year.

Whose Next?
Lazaro Montez, It took 2.5 million dollars for Lazaro to sign with Seattle in January of 2022, but after our first look at Montez in the DSL, it could be a huge steal. He is a 6'3 210 kid that will be 18 for all of 2023. The power looks at least plus and he showed it off with 10 home runs in the Dominican. Montez isnt the greatest athlete and who knows what he will look like in five years, but the bat looks like it could be special with time. 

Josue De Paula, Unlike Montez, Josue only got 400k in January of 2022 to sign with the Dodgers but we can already categorize it as a steal. At 17 years old, De Paula looks like he has a plus hit tool already. He put up a slash line of .349/.448/.522 in the DSL and his pitch recognition is way ahead of his age and experience. He is 6'3 and posts great bat speed numbers, so its not out of the question that he could put up power numbers as well. He could rise fast in the Dodgers system.

LHP
1.Ricky Tiedemann||AA||Toronto
60/65FB, 44/65CH
2.Kyle Harrison||AAA||San Francisco
60/65FB, 60/60SL
3.Ken Waldichuk||MLB||Oakland
60/60CH, 55/60FB
4.Connor Prielipp||A||Minnesota
70/70SL, 60/65FB
5.DL Hall||AAA||Baltimore
70/70FB, 60/60CH
6.Jake Eder||AA||Miami
60/65SL, 55/60FB
7.Logan Allen||AAA||Cleveland
60/60CH, 55/60CO
8.Jared Shuster||MLB||Atlanta
55/65CO, 60/60CH
9.Brandon Barriera||A||Toronto
50/60SL, 50/55FB
10.Mason Montgomery||AA||Tampa Bay
50/60CO, 55/55FB

I really love the 2022 draft class if you havent figured out yet. The pitching class, and specifically the college crop, was not as strong as other years. That wasnt always the case. Before his arm injury, Connor Prelipp was a contender to go #1 overall, but we are left with question marks. His freshman season at Alabama was during the covid year, so we only saw him pitch 28 innings and not give up a run. He got hurt during his third start in 2021. He tried to rest his arm instead of surgery and that backfired. He ended up having to have TJS anyway and lost all of 2022 because of waiting. He was historically good during his 28 innings in college but its just that, 28 innings. His fastball could be plus plus if he comes back strong. His slider is unhittable. Plus plus as well. We just have to see what happens to him this year when he gets back on the mound. He might not be the same. Jake Eder was once a big high school prospect that made his was to Vanderbilt. He never put things completely together during his time there, but the potential was always there. Miami unlocked that potential during his first full year in 2021, but a blown out elbow cost him the end of the year and all of 2022. Before his injury in 2021, he looked like one of the best pitching prospects in baseball with a plus slider that was still improving and a potential plus fastball. He is another guy to watch for progress in 2023. A first round pick in 2020, Jared Shuster saw other draftmates in Spencer Strider and Bryce Elder pass him and find success at the top level. Shuster was more slow and steady. He is not the flame thrower that he showed glimpses of in college. In fact, control and command are his game. Its not flashy, but it has worked and it has helped him reach another prospect level. If he does find any of that college juice, he could have another above average pitch to add to his arsenal. 

Whose Next?
Noah Shultz, High school pitchers come with the most risk, and its easy to see why with injuries as common as they are. Because of this, its common to see high school pitchers, even very talented ones, slide on draft night. Tall pitchers come with even more risk because of their height. Noah Schultz is a 6'9 lefthander that will pitch most of this season at 19 years old. He also throws from a low angle, so the angle is a terror for left handed hitters. He's already more than a few ticks on his fastball and there is no reason the believe that a few more might be in that huge body. He already has a plus slider, so he has the makings of a top of the rotation arm. We just have to wait and see if he can continue to improve as he matures.

Mason Montgomery, He spent the first half of his first full professional season dominating hitters in High A. After a promotion to AA Montgomery, Montgomery continued his superb pitching and is now considered one of the organizations top pitching prospects. His calling card is a funky delivery that successfully hides the ball until it is right on the batter. It makes his average fastball look harder, and his already plus changeup falls away from hitters bats. Tampa knows how to unlock potential in pitching prospects, and if they continue to improve Montgomery's game, he will be a key piece to their rotation. 

RHP
1.Andrew Painter||AAA||Philadelphia
65/70FB, 55/60SL
2.Eury Perez||AA||Miami
60/70FB, 55/65CH
3.Owen White||AAA||Texas
70/70SL, 60/60FB
4.Grayson Rodriguez||AAA||Baltimore
70/70CH, 60/65FB
5.Brandon Pfaadt||AAA||Arizona
60/65FB, 55/60SL
6.Bobby Miller||AAA||LA Dodgers
60/65FB, 60/60SL
7.Gavin Stone||AAA||LA Dodgers
65/75CH, 50/65CO
8.Taj Bradley||AAA||Tampa Bay
60/60FB, 60/60SL
9.Quinn Priester||AAA||Pittsburgh
65/65CU, 50/55SL
10.Daniel Espino||AA||Cleveland
80/80FB, 60/65SL
11.Dylan Lesko||CPX||San Diego
60/65CH, 50/65FB
12.Ryne Nelson||MLB||Arizona
55/60FB, 50/55SL
13.Gordon Graceffo||AA|St Louis
60/60SL, 50/60FB
14.Mick Abel||AAA||Philadelphia
50/60FB, 50/60SL
15.Drey Jameson||MLB||Arizona
70/70SL, 65/65FB
16.Hunter Brown||MLB||Houston
65/65FB, 65/65CU
17.Tanner Bibee||AA||Cleveland
55/65CO, 60/60SL
18.Gavin Williams||AA||Cleveland
60/65FB, 55/60SL
19.Jackson Jobe||A+||Detroit
55/70SL, 50/60FB
20.Emerson Hancock||AAA||Seattle
55/60SL, 55/60CH
21.Bryce Miller||AAA||Seattle
65/65FB, 50/55SL
22.Jack Leiter||AA||Texas
55/60SL, 50/60FB
23.Griff McGarry||AAA||Philadelphia
60/65FB, 55/60CH
24.Brock Porter||A||Texas
60/65CH, 55/65FB
25.Bryan Mata||AAA||Boston
60/65FB, 60/60SL

The top four right handed pitchers are at a level by themselves. Each has a plus plus pitch and follows it up with another plus pitch. A potential above average to plus third pitch and above average command are the two traits that really set the four apart. The guys are ready for the big leagues now, so hopefully we will see them called up soon. Daniel Espino sits at #10 on the list but he has a true 80 fastball and a slider that is at least plus and possible plus plus. So why is he only at #10? He has only pitched 133 innings since being drafted in 2019 and is still dealing with an injury that helped to keep him off the field for all but 18 innings in 2022. We have a number of guys on the list that are at risk of becoming a reliever. Griff McGarry is the most at risk of becoming a reliever at the moment because he has had command issues going back to college. Its what caused him to not be a top prospect in the draft, and its what is keeping him from being a top starter in the majors. If he could even get to a 40, he could have a chance to start with three potential plus pitches.  Drey Jameson arsenal is a devastating 70 slider and a 65 fastball. Its perfect for a top of the league closer. His command could probably be descent enough to start, but neither his changeup or curve are currently big league pitches. Hunter Brown is another guy currently in the big leagues, but he is starting and his profile is a starters profile with three plus pitches. Thats potentially a top of the rotation guy, but he has the same issues that McGarry suffers from. He cannot find the strike zone consistently. His issues are not as severe as McGarry, but they are bad enough for there to be questions about his future. No matter where he ends up, he should be an impact arm. 

Whose Next?
Cole Wilcox, Yes, I am a Cole Wilcox, Georgia Bulldog guy. The Padres gave him 3.3 million in the 3rd round of the 2020 draft to forgo his junior year at Georgia. Armed with two plus pitches and quality control, it was thought he would quickly rise up the minors. A trade to Tampa and three years later, Wilcox is still in low A and only has 60 professional innings to his name. Tommy John surgery in 2021 caused him to miss most of the past two years, but he was able to come back at the end of 2022. He should be even stronger in 2023, and if he can get back to pre injury form, he could be a top 100 prospect soon. 

Wikelman Gonzalez, Standing at only 6' and 167 pounds with a small frame, Wikelman is not a very big guy, but the ball explodes out of his hand. Its up to the high 90s and has a flat approach that misses bats. He also carries a curveball and a changeup that can be plus pitches. He will be 21 for all of 2023 and already has 17 good innings in high A Greenville. He is an exciting prospect for the Red Sox and has a chance to be in a big league rotation. Size will always be a concern and he will have to continue to improve his command.

Edited by devils1854

ORGANIZATION TOP 10(ISH)

ARIZONA
Corbin Carroll||CF||MLB
Druw Jones||CF||A
Brandon Pfaadt||RHP||AAA
Jordan Lawlar||SS||AA
Ryne Nelson||RHP||MLB
Drey Jameson||RHP||MLB
Deyvison De Los Santos||3B||AA
Landon Sims||RHP||A
Blake Walston||LHP||AAA
Dominic Fletcher||COF||AAA

ATLANTA
Jared Shuster||LHP||MLB
Dylan Dodd||LHP||MLB
JR Ritchie||RHP||A
Owen Murphy||RHP||A
AJ Smith-Shawver||RHP||A
Cole Phillips||RHP||R
Diego Benitez||SS||R
Spencer Schwellenbach||RHP||A
Ambioris Tavarez||SS||A
Ignacio Alvarez||3B||A+

CHI CUBS
Pete Crow-Armstrong||CF||AA
James Triantos||3B||INJ
Brennen Davis||COF||AAA
Kevin Alcantara||COF||A+
Cade Horton||RHP||R
Owen Caissie||COF||AA
Cristian Hernandez||SS||A
Jackson Ferris||LHP||R
Jordan Wicks||LHP||AA
Alexander Canario||COF||AAA

CINCINNATI
Elly De La Cruz||SS||AAA
Noelvi Marte||SS||AA
Cam Collier||3B||A
Christian Encarnacion-Strand||3B/1B||AAA
Edwin Arroyo||SS||A+
Matt McLain||2B||AAA
Brandon Williamson||LHP||AAA
Chase Petty||RHP||R
Connor Phillips||RHP||AA
Andrew Abbott||LHP||AA

COLORADO
Zac Veen||COF||AA
Ezequiel Tovar||SS||MLB
Drew Romo||C||AA
Nolan Jones||COF||AAA
Warming Bernabel||3B||AA
Benny Montgomery||COF||A+
Gabriel Hughes||RHP||A+
Adael Amador||SS||R
Jaden Hill||RHP||A+
Jordy Vargas||RHP||A

LA DODGERS
James Outman||CF||MLB
Bobby Miller||RHP||AAA
Gavin Stone||RHP||AAA
Dalton Rushing||C||A+
Diego Cartaya||C||AA
Andy Pages||COF||AA
Michael Busch||2B||AAA
Miguel Vargas||CIF/COF||MLB
Ryan Pepiot||RHP||INJ
Samuel Munoz||OF||R
Josue De Paula||OF||R

MIAMI
Eury Perez||RHP||AA
Jake Eder||LHP||INJ
Jordan Groshans||3B||AAA
Max Meyer||RHP||INJ
Dax Fulton||LHP||AA
Ian Lewis||2B||A
Yiddi Cappe||SS||A+
Jacob Amaya||SS||AAA
Sixto Sanchez||RHP||AAA
Jacob Berry||1B/3B||A+

MILWAUKEE
Jackson Chourio||CF||AA
Joey Wiemer||COF||MLB
Sal Frelick||CF||AAA
Garrett Mitchell||CF||MLB
Brice Turang||SS||MLB
Robert Gasser||LHP||AAA
Jeferson Quero||C||AA
Ethan Small||LHP||AAA
Jacob Misiorowski||RHP||A
Yeison Perez||1B||R

NY METS
Brett Baty||3B||AAA
Kevin Parada||C||A+
Francisco Alvarez||C||AAA
Ronny Mauricio||SS||AAA
Alex Ramirez||CF||A+
Mark Vientos||1B||AAA
Blade Tidwell||RHP||A+
Dominic Hamel||RHP||AA
Matt Allan||RHP||INJ
Calvin Ziegler||RHP||A+

PHILADELPHIA
Andrew Painter||RHP||AA
Mick Abel||RHP||AA
Griff McGarry||RHP||AA
Johan Rojas||CF||AA
Justin Crawford||CF||A
Hao Yu Lee||2B||A+
William Bergolla||SS||R
Carlos De La Cruz||COF||AA
Jhailyn Ortiz||COF||AAA
Gabriel Rincones Jr||COF||R

PITTSBURGH
Termarr Johnson||2B||A
Endy Rodriguez||C||AAA
Quinn Priester||RHP||AAA
Liover Peguero||SS||AA
Ji Hawn Bae||2B||MLB
Henry Davis||C||AA
Nick Gonzalez||2B||AAA
Jared Jones||RHP||AA
Travis Swaggerty||CF||AAA
Dariel Lopez||3B||A+
Bubba Chandler||RHP/SS||A+
Anthony Solometo||LHP||A+
Luis Ortiz||RHP||AAA
Kyle Nicolas||RHP||AA
Mike Burrows||RHP||AAA

SAN DIEGO
Jackson Merrill||SS||A+
Dylan Lesko||RHP||R
Robby Snelling||LHP||A
Eguy Rosario||2B/3B||INJ
Jay Groome||LHP||MLB
Samuel Zavala||OF||A
Ryan Bergert||RHP||A+
Garrett Hawkins||RHP||A+
Adam Mazur||RHP||A+
Juan Murillo||COF/RHP||R

SAN FRANCISCO
Kyle Harrison||LHP||AAA
Marco Luciano||SS||AA
Luis Matos||CF||AA
Casey Schmitt||3B||AAA
Averson Arteaga||SS||A+
Heliot Ramos||COF||MLB
Grant McCray||CF||A+
Jairo Pomares||COF||A+
Reggie Crawford||LHP/1B||R
Mason Black||RHP||AA

ST LOUIS
Jordan Walker||COF/3B||MLB
Masyn Winn||SS||AAA
Gordon Graceffo||RHP||AAA
Matthew Liberatore||LHP||AAA
Tink Hence||RHP||A+
Ivan Herrera||C||AAA
Alec Burleson||COF/1B||MLB
Joshua Baez||COF||A
Michael McGreevy||RHP||AA
Moises Gomez||COF||AAA

WASHINGTON
Elijah Green||CF||A
James Wood||CF||A+
Robert Hassell||CF||AA
Cade Cavalli||RHP||Washington
Jeremy De La Rosa||CF||A+
Cristhian Vaquero||CF||R
Brady House||SS||A
Jarlin Susana||RHP||A
Jackson Rutledge||RHP||AA
TJ White||COF||A+

BALTIMORE
Gunnar Henderson||SS||Baltimore
Grayson Rodriguez||RHP||Baltimore
Jackson Holliday||SS||Baltimore
DL Hall||LHP||Baltimore
Coby Mayo||3B||Baltimore
Jordan Westburg||2B/3B||Baltimore
Connor Norby||2B||Baltimore
Colton Cowser||CF||Baltimore
Heston Kjerstad||COF||Baltimore
Seth Johnson||RHP||Baltimore
Joey Ortiz||SS||Baltimore
Jud Fabian||CF||Baltimore
Samuel Basallo||C||Baltimore
Max Wagner||3B||Baltimore
Dylan Beavers||COF||Baltimore

BOSTON
Ceddanne Rafaela||CF||AAA
Marcelo Mayer||SS||A+
Triston Casas||1B||MLB
Nick Yorke||2B||AA
Miguel Bleis||CF||A
Bryan Mata||RHP||AAA
Wikelman Gonzalez||RHP||A+
Mikey Romero||SS||A
Blaze Jordan||1B/3B||A+
Ronaldo Hernandez||C||AAA

CHI WHITE SOX
Colson Montgomery||SS||CHI Sox
Oscar Colas||COF||CHI Sox
Noah Schultz||LHP||CHI Sox
Bryan Ramos||3B||CHI Sox
Sean Burke||RHP||CHI Sox
Lenyn Sosa||2B/SS||CHI Sox
Cristian Mena||RHP||CHI Sox
Jared Kelley||RHP||CHI Sox
Jose Rodriguez||SS||CHI Sox
Ryan Burrowes||SS||CHI Sox

CLEVELAND
Daniel Espino||RHP||Cleveland
Bo Naylor||C||Cleveland
Logan Allen||LHP||Cleveland
Tanner Bibee||RHP||Cleveland
George Valera||COF||Cleveland
Gavin Williams||RHP||Cleveland
Brayan Rocchio||SS||Cleveland
Gabriel Arias||SS||Cleveland
Tyler Freeman||SS||Cleveland
Chase DeLauter||COF||Cleveland

DETROIT
Jackson Jobe||RHP||Detroit
Peyton Graham||SS||Detroit
Wilmer Flores||RHP||Detroit
Jace Jung||2B||Detroit
Joey Wentz||LHP||Detroit
Colt Keith||3B||Detroit
Izaac Pacheco||3B||Detroit
Ty Madden||RHP||Detroit
Cristian Santana||SS||Detroit
Justyn-Henry Malloy||3B||Detroit

HOUSTON
Hunter Brown||RHP||Houston
Colin Barber||CF||Houston
Drew Gilbert||CF||Houston
Pedro Leon||CF||Houston
Yainer Diaz||C||Houston
David Hensley||INF/COF||Houston
Korey Lee||C||Houston
Ryan Clifford||COF||Houston
Jacob Melton||COF||Houston
Alex Santos II||RHP||Houston

KANSAS CITY
Gavin Cross||COF||Kansas City
Maikel Garcia||SS||Kansas City
Cayden Wallace||3B||Kansas City
Drew Waters||CF||Kansas City
Frank Mozzicato||LHP||Kansas City
Luca Tresh||C||Kansas City
Tyler Gentry||COF||Kansas City
Ben Kudrna||RHP||Kansas City
Asa Lacy||LHP||Kansas City
Alec Marsh||RHP||Kansas City

LA ANGELS
Zach Neto||SS||LA Angels
Logan O'Hoppe||C||LA Angels
Ky Bush||LHP||LA Angels
Edgar Quero||C||LA Angels
Chase Silseth||RHP||LA Angels
Sam Bachman||RHP||LA Angels
Denzer Guzman||SS||LA Angels
Livan Soto||SS||LA Angels
Adrian Placencia||2B||LA Angels
Nelson Rada||CF||LA Angels

MINNESOTA
Brooks Lee||SS||Minnesota
Connor Prielipp||LHP||Minnesota
Royce Lewis||SS||Minnesota
Jose Salas||SS||Miami
Austin Martin||SS||Minnesota
Simeon Woods Richardson||RHP||Minnesota
Emmanuel Rodriguez||CF||Minnesota
Matt Wallner||COF||Minnesota
Noah Miller||SS||Minnesota
Marco Raya||RHP||Minnesota

NY YANKEES
Anthony Volpe||SS||NY Yankees
Oswald Peraza||SS||NY Yankees
Jasson Dominguez||CF||NY Yankees
Everson Pereira||CF||NY Yankees
Spencer Jones||COF||NY Yankees
Trey Sweeney||SS||NY Yankees
Will Warren||RHP||NY Yankees
Austin Wells||C||NY Yankees
Luis Gil||RHP||NY Yankees
Yoendrys Gomez||RHP||NY Yankees

OAKLAND
Ken Waldichuk||LHP||Oakland
Tyler Soderstrom||C/1B||Oakland
Zack Gelof||2B||Oakland
Daniel Susac||C||Oakland
Kyle Muller||LHP||Oakland
Esteury Ruiz||CF||Oakland
Luis Medina||RHP||Oakland
Gunnar Hoglund||RHP||Oakland
Henry Bolte||CF||Oakland
Freddy Tarnok||RHP||Oakland

SEATTLE
Harry Ford||C||Seattle
Emerson Hancock||RHP||Seattle
Bryce Miller||RHP||Seattle
Cole Young||SS||Seattle
Lazaro Montes||COF||Seattle
Taylor Dollard||RHP||Seattle
Walter Ford||RHP||Seattle
Gabriel Gonzalez||COF||Seattle
Tyler Locklear||3B||Seattle
Jonatan Clase||CF||Seattle

TAMPA BAY
Kyle Manzardo||1B||Tampa Bay
Curtis Mead||3B||Tampa Bay
Taj Bradley||RHP||Tampa Bay
Carson Williams||SS||Tampa Bay
Mason Montgomery||LHP||Tampa Bay
Cole Wilcox||RHP||Tampa Bay
Carlos Colmenarez||SS||Tampa Bay
Junior Caminero||3B||Tampa Bay
Heriberto Hernandez||COF||Tampa Bay
Jonathan Aranda||1B/2B||Tampa Bay

TEXAS
Owen White||RHP||Texas
Josh Jung||3B||Texas
Evan Carter||CF||Texas
Dustin Harris||COF/1B||Texas
Jack Leiter||RHP||Texas
Brock Porter||RHP||Texas
Justin Foscue||2B||Texas
Kumar Rocker||RHP||Texas
Cole Winn||RHP||Texas
Aaron Zavala||COF||Texas

TORONTO
Ricky Tiedemann||LHP||Toronto
Brandon Barriera||LHP||Toronto
Orelvis Martinez||SS||Toronto
Gabriel Martinez||COF||Toronto
Cade Doughty||2B/3B||Toronto
Tucker Toman||3B||Toronto
Adam Macko||LHP||Toronto
Hayden Juenger||RHP||Toronto
Yosver Zulueta||RHP||Toronto
Addison Barger||3B||Toronto

TOP 150

1.Corbin Carroll||CF||Arizona
50/65H, 40/55P, 70/70S, 60/70D
2.Gunnar Henderson||SS||Baltimore
45/60H, 45/60P, 55/50S, 50/65D
3.Jordan Walker||COF/3B||St Louis
45/60H, 50/70P, 50/50S, 45/60D
4.Elly De La Cruz||SS||Cincinnati
35/50H, 45/70P, 70/70S, 45/60D
5.Jackson Chourio||CF||Milwaukee
30/55H, 35/65P, 70/70S, 35/60D
6.Anthony Volpe||SS||NY Yankees
40/60H, 40/60P, 55/55S, 35/45D
7.Andrew Painter||RHP||Philadelphia
65/70FB, 55/60SL, 50/55CH, 50/55CU, 50/60CO
8.Eury Perez||RHP||Miami
60/70FB, 55/60SL, 55/65CH, 45/55CU, 50/60CO
9.Pete Crow-Armstrong||CF||CHI Cubs
35/55H, 30/50P, 60/60S, 45/70D
10.Elijah Green||CF||Washington
20/45H, 25/70P, 70/70S, 30/65D

11.Owen White||RHP||Texas
60/60FB, 70/70SL, 45/55CH, 50/55CU, 50/60CO
12.Grayson Rodriguez||RHP||Baltimore
60/65FB, 55/60SL, 70/70CH, 45/50CU, 40/55CO
13.Druw Jones||CF||Arizona
20/55H, 20/60P, 60/60S, 45/65D
14.Joey Wiemer||COF||Milwaukee
35/45H, 40/65P, 60/60S, 45/60D
15.James Wood||CF||Washington
30/50H, 35/65P, 60/55S, 30/50D
16.Jackson Holliday||SS||Baltimore
25/65H, 25/60P, 50/50S, 30/50D
17.Brandon Pfaadt||RHP||Arizona
60/65FB, 55/60SL, 55/55CH, 45/50CU, 50/60CO
18.Noelvi Marte||SS||Cincinnati
35/55H, 35/65P, 55/50S, 30/50D
19.Ricky Tiedemann||LHP||Toronto
60/65FB, 50/60SL, 55/65CH, 40/55CO
20.Ceddanne Rafaela||CF||Boston
30/50H, 30/50P, 60/60S, 65/80D

21.Brett Baty||3B||NY Mets
40/55H, 40/65P, 45/40S, 45/50D
22.Josh Jung||3B||Texas
40/55H, 45/60P, 40/40S, 40/55D
23.Marcelo Mayer||SS||Boston
30/60H, 25/55P, 45/45S, 40/60D
24.Jordan Lawlar||SS||Arizona
30/55H, 25/55P, 55/55S, 45/60D
25.Kyle Harrison||LHP||San Francisco
60/65FB, 60/60SL, 45/55CH, 40/50CO
26.Termarr Johnson||2B||Pittsburgh
25/70H, 25/55P, 50/50S, 30/45D
27.Cam Collier||3B||Cincinnati
30/60H, 25/65P, 45/40S, 35/55D
28.Ken Waldichuk||LHP||Oakland
55/60FB, 50/60SL, 60/60CH, 45/55CU, 45/55CO
29.Endy Rodriguez||C||Pittsburgh
50/65H, 30/45P, 45/40S, 45/55D
30.Brooks Lee||SS||Minnesota
35/60H, 30/55P, 45/45S, 40/50D

31.Zach Neto||SS||LA Angels
35/60H, 30/50P, 50/50S, 40/50D
32.Colson Montgomery||SS||CHI Sox
35/55H, 30/60P, 50/45S, 35/50D
33.Oswald Peraza||SS||NY Yankees
40/50H, 40/55P, 60/60S, 50/60D
34.Jackson Merrill||SS||San Diego
35/65H, 20/45P, 50/50S, 40/50D
35.James Outman||CF||LA Dodgers
35/45H, 40/50P, 60/60S, 45/55D
36.Triston Casas||1B||Boston
45/55H, 50/60P, 30/30S, 35/45D
37.Kevin Parada||C||NY Mets
35/65H, 40/60P, 45/35S, 30/45D
38.Francisco Alvarez||C||NY Mets
40/45H, 50/65P, 35/30S, 35/45D
39.Kyle Manzardo||1B||Tampa Bay
45/65H, 40/50P, 40/40S, 35/45D
40.Sal Frelick||CF||Milwaukee
50/65H, 30/40P, 60/60S, 30/45D

41.Marco Luciano||SS||San Francisco
30/50H, 30/65P, 45/45S, 30/45D
42.Connor Prielipp||LHP||Minnesota
60/65FB, 70/70SL, 45/55CH, 35/55CO 
43.Bobby Miller||RHP||LA Dodgers
60/65FB, 60/60SL, 50/50CH, 45/50CU, 40/50CO
44.Harry Ford||C||Seattle
30/55H, 30/55P, 60/55S, 30/55D
45.Evan Carter||CF||Texas
35/60H, 25/40P, 60/60S, 40/55D
46.Curtis Mead||3B||Tampa Bay
40/60H, 35/50P, 45/40S, 35/40D
47.Gavin Stone||RHP||LA Dodgers
45/55FB, 50/55SL, 65/75CH, 50/65CO
48.Logan O'Hoppe||C||LA Angels
45/55H, 35/55P, 35/35S, 40/50D
49.Zac Veen||COF||Colorado
30/50H, 30/55P, 55/55S, 35/55D
50.Taj Bradley||RHP||Tampa Bay
60/60FB, 60/60SL, 45/50CH, 40/40CU, 50/60CO

51.Tyler Soderstrom||C/1B||Oakland
35/60H, 45/65P, 40/35S, 25/40D
52.Robert Hassell||CF||Washington
30/55H, 30/50P, 55/55S, 40/50D
53.Quinn Priester||RHP||Pittsburgh
45/55FB, 50/55SL, 45/50CH, 65/65CU, 50/55CO
54.Royce Lewis||SS||Minnesota
40/50H, 40/60P, 60/55S, 40/50S
55.Daniel Espino||RHP||Cleveland
80/80FB, 60/65SL, 45/50CH, 50/55CU, 45/50CO
56.DL Hall||LHP||Baltimore
70/70FB, 55/55SL, 60/60CH, 50/50CU, 30/45CO
57.Masyn Winn||SS||St Louis
35/50H, 30/50P, 60/60S, 45/65D
58.Jasson Dominguez||CF||NY Yankees
30/45H, 30/60P, 60/55S, 30/45D
59.Dylan Lesko||RHP||San Diego
50/65FB, 60/65CH, 45/55CU, 35/55CO
60.Liover Peguero||SS||Pittsburgh
35/55H, 30/50P, 60/60S, 40/55D

61.Nick Yorke||2B||Boston
35/60H, 30/50P, 45/45S, 30/45D
62.Luis Matos||CF||San Francisco
30/55H, 30/45P, 60/60S, 45/55D
63.Dalton Rushing||C||LA Dodgers
40/60H, 40/55P, 35/35S, 30/45D
64.Diego Cartaya||C||LA Dodgers
35/45H, 40/65P, 35/35S, 35/50D
65.Garrett Mitchell||CF||Milwaukee
40/45H, 30/45P, 70/70S, 50/65D
66.Jake Eder||LHP||Miami
55/60FB, 60/65SL, 40/45CH, 40/60CO
67.Zack Gelof||2B||Oakland
35/50H, 30/50P, 55/55S, 35/50D
68.James Triantos||3B||CHI Cubs
30/60H, 20/50P, 50/50S, 35/50D
69.Ryne Nelson||RHP||Arizona
55/60FB, 50/55SL, 45/50CH, 50/55CU, 45/55CO
70.Casey Schmitt||3B||San Francisco
35/50H, 35/50P, 40/40S, 45/65D

71.Ezequiel Tovar||SS||Colorado
35/60H, 30/40P, 45/45S, 45/65D
72.Brennen Davis||COF||CHI Cubs
35/45H, 40/60P, 55/50S, 40/55D
73.Gordon Graceffo||RHP||St Louis
50/60FB, 60/60SL, 55/55CH, 45/50CU, 50/55CO
74.Mick Abel||RHP||Philadelphia
50/60FB, 50/60SL, 45/50CH, 40/50CU, 35/50CO
75.Bo Naylor||C||Cleveland
35/45H, 40/50P, 45/45S, 35/50D
76.Logan Allen||LHP||Cleveland
50/55FB, 50/55SL, 60/60CH, 55/60CO
77.Drey Jameson||RHP||Arizona
65/65FB, 70/70SL, 45/50CH, 40/45CU, 45/50CO
78.Drew Romo||C||Colorado
30/55H, 30/50P, 45/40S, 40/65D
79.Coby Mayo||3B||Baltimore
30/45H, 35/65P, 45/40S, 40/50D
80.Gavin Cross||COF||Kansas City
35/55H, 30/50P, 55/55S, 30/50D

81.Hunter Brown||RHP||Houston
65/65FB, 60/60SL, 35/40CH, 65/65CU, 40/45CO
82.Christian Encarnacion-Strand||1B/3B||Cincinnati
30/40H, 50/70P, 40/40S, 40/45D
83.Ji Hawn Bae||2B||Pittsburgh
45/65H, 20/35P, 65/65S, 40/50D
84.Tanner Bibee||RHP||Cleveland
55/60FB, 60/60SL, 50/55CH, 40/45CU, 55/65CO
85.Jordan Westburg||2B/3B||Baltimore
35/50H, 35/50P, 55/55S, 35/50D
86.Ronny Mauricio||SS||NY Mets
30/40H, 45/60P, 45/45S, 45/55D
87.Andy Pages||COF||LA Dodgers
30/40H, 50/65P, 45/40S, 40/50D
88.Gavin Williams||RHP||Cleveland
60/65FB, 55/60SL, 45/50CH, 50/50CU, 45/50CO
89.Jackson Jobe||RHP||Detroit
50/60FB, 55/70SL, 50/55CH, 50/55CU, 35/50CO
90.Jose Salas||SS||Minnesota
25/60H, 25/55P, 55/55S, 30/50D

91.Jordan Groshans||3B||Miami
40/55H, 35/45P, 50/50S, 40/50D
92.George Valera||COF||Cleveland
30/45H, 40/60P, 50/50S, 35/50D
93.Emerson Hancock||RHP||Seattle
50/55FB, 55/60SL, 55/60CH, 45/50CU, 45/55CO
94.Carson Williams||SS||Tampa Bay
30/50H, 30/55P, 50/50S, 35/55D
95.Brandon Barriera||LHP||Toronto
50/55FB, 50/60SL, 45/55CH, 25/50CO
96.Kevin Alcantara||COF||CHI Cubs
30/45H, 30/65P, 55/50S, 30/55D
97.Brice Turang||SS||Milwaukee
40/50H, 30/35P, 55/55S, 45/60D
98.Miguel Bleis||CF||Boston
25/50H, 25/60P, 55/55S, 30/50D
99.Mark Vientos||1B||NY Mets
30/40H, 45/65P, 40/35S, 40/50D
100.Dustin Harris||COF/1B||Texas
40/50H, 35/45P, 50/50S, 30/45D

101.Bryce Miller||RHP||Seattle
65/65FB, 50/55SL, 45/50CH, 45/50CU, 45/50CO
102.Edwin Arroyo||SS||Cincinnati
25/50H, 20/50P, 55/55S, 40/55D
103.Jack Leiter||RHP||Texas
50/60FB, 55/60SL, 40/50CH, 45/55CH, 40/50CO
104.Griff McGarry||RHP||Philadelphia
60/65FB, 50/60SL, 55/60CH, 45/50CU, 30/35CO
105.Brock Porter||RHP||Texas
55/65FB, 45/55SL, 60/65CH, 40/45CU, 40/50CO
106.Alex Ramirez||CF||NY Mets
30/45H, 30/55P, 55/55S, 35/55D
107.Everson Pereira||CF||NY Yankees
30/50H, 35/55P, 55/50S, 35/45D
108.Bryan Mata||RHP||Boston
60/65FB, 60/60SL, 50/55CH, 35/45CO
109.Oscar Colas||COF||CHI Sox
35/50H, 40/55P, 40/40S, 35/50D
110.Peyton Graham||SS||Detroit
30/50H, 30/50P, 55/55S, 35/50D

111.Max Meyer||RHP||Miami
55/60FB, 65/70SL, 40/50CH, 40/50CO 
112.Mason Montgomery||LHP||Tampa Bay
55/55FB, 50/50SL, 55/55CH, 50/60CO
113.Nolan Jones||COF||Colorado
40/45H, 35/55P, 40/40S, 40/50D
114.Cade Horton||RHP||CHI Cubs
55/65FB, 55/65SL, 45/50CH, 40/45CU, 30/50CO
115.Colin Barber||CF||Houston
30/55H, 30/50P, 55/55S, 35/50D
116.Jared Shuster||LHP||Atlanta
45/50FB, 50/55SL, 60/60CH, 55/65CO
117.Michael Busch||2B||LA Dodgers
40/50H, 40/50P, 45/45S, 25/35D
118.Connor Norby||2B||Baltimore
30/55H, 30/45P, 50/50S, 35/50D
119.Warming Bernabel||3B||Colorado
35/55H, 30/50P, 45/45S, 30/50D
120.Matthew Liberatore||LHP||St Louis
50/50FB, 50/50SL, 45/55CH, 60/60CU, 50/55CO

121.Benny Montgomery||COF||Colorado
25/50H, 25/55P, 70/70S, 40/60D
122.Wilmer Flores||RHP||Detroit
60/60FB, 45/50CT, 60/70CU, 40/50CO
123.Cade Cavalli||RHP||Washington
60/60FB, 50/55SL, 45/50CH, 60/60CU, 35/45CO
124.Henry Davis||C||Pittsburgh
35/45H, 40/65P, 40/40S, 30/40D
125.Austin Martin||SS||Minnesota
40/60H, 25/40P, 55/55S, 35/45D
126.Brayan Rocchio||SS||Cleveland
35/50H, 30/45P, 50/50S, 40/55D
127.Daniel Susac||C||Oakland
30/45H, 35/65P, 35/35S, 35/50D
128.Simeon Woods Richardson||RHP||Minnesota
45/50FB, 45/50SL, 60/60CH, 50/55CU, 55/60CO
129.Maikel Garcia||SS||Kansas City
40/55H, 25/35P, 55/55S, 45/60D
130.Jace Jung||2B||Detroit
35/55H, 35/55P, 35/35S, 25/40D

131.Justin Foscue||2B||Texas
40/50H, 35/50P, 35/30S, 30/40D
132.Kyle Muller||LHP||Oakland
65/65FB, 50/60SL, 40/50CH, 55/55CU, 30/45CO
133.Cole Wilcox||RHP||Tampa Bay
55/60FB, 60/60SL, 45/55CH, 40/55CO
134.Johan Rojas||CF||Philadelphia
35/55H, 30/40P, 70/70S, 50/70D
135.Aeverson Arteaga||SS||San Francsico
25/50H, 25/45P, 60/60S, 40/60D
136.Matt McLain||2B||Cincinnati
35/45H, 40/45P, 60/60S, 45/55D
137.Dylan Dodd||LHP||Atlanta
50/55FB, 45/50SL, 55/60CU, 55/60CO
138.Jeremy De La Rosa||CF||Washington
30/45H, 30/55P, 60/60S, 30/55D
139.Kumar Rocker||RHP||Texas
50/60FB, 60/65SL, 45/50CH, 30/50CO
140.Dax Fulton||LHP||Miami
45/55FB, 45/50SL, 45/55CH, 60/60CU, 45/55CO

141.Carlos Colmenarez||SS||Tampa Bay
25/55H, 20/50P, 55/55S, 35/55D
142.Wikelman Gonzalez||RHP||Boston
60/65FB, 55/55CH, 50/55CU, 30/50CO
143.Colton Cowser||COF||Baltimore
40/50H, 35/50P, 55/55S, 35/50D
144.Emmanuel Rodriguez||CF||Minnesota
25/50H, 30/55P, 50/50S, 30/55D
145.Spencer Jones||COF||NY Yankees
35/50H, 35/60P, 45/45S, 35/50D
146.Drew Gilbert||CF||Houston
30/55H, 30/40P, 60/60S, 45/55D
147.Robert Gasser||LHP||Milwaukee
45/50FB, 60/60SL, 40/50CH, 50/50CU, 50/55CO
148.Nick Gonzalez||2B||Pittsburgh
30/45H, 30/50P, 60/60S, 40/50D
149.Cristhian Vaquero||CF||Washington
20/50H, 20/55P, 60/60S, 30/50D
150.Joey Wentz||LHP||Detroit
50/50FB, 50/50SL, 60/60CH, 45/50CU, 45/55CO

Edited by devils1854

On 5/6/2023 at 9:04 AM, devils1854 said:

CHI CUBS
Pete Crow-Armstrong||CF||AA
James Triantos||3B||INJ
Brennen Davis||COF||AAA
Kevin Alcantara||COF||A+
Cade Horton||RHP||R
Owen Caissie||COF||AA
Cristian Hernandez||SS||A
Jackson Ferris||LHP||R
Jordan Wicks||LHP||AA
Alexander Canario||COF||AAA

Great stuff as always, Devils.

Only glaring omission from the Cubs is Ben Brown.  An argument can be made that he's their #2 prospect right now. His production since the start of 2022 is terrific, but it's the film that shoots him up.  I've watched all his starts so far this year and he's up to 98 with movement, to pair with a plus curve.  He's also picked up the slider that is taking over in the Cubs system and has flashed a change at times.  I think it was Longenhagen that already updated his top 100 to put him in there.

I would also argue that Matt Mervis is an easy top 10 in the system, but I absolutely get if you wouldn't want to include a 25 year old 1B/DH only guy.

On 5/7/2023 at 1:37 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

Rafaela is in AA. Hopefully Mayer gets moved to AA soon. He's killing the competition in High A. 

Casas I don't think will be the starting 1st base next year if he doesn't learn how to swing the bat instead of arguing with the ump on borderline calls. 

Thanks on Rafaela.

Mayer is definitely special with the bat in his hands. He's a really nice dude the couple of times Ive chatted with him. I am just blown away with how laid back he is. I definitely want to see more of them before the push him. He just looks so uninterested to be at the ballpark at times. Im sure thats not the case and hes just a Cali guy,

I havent seen much of Casas this year but it is alarming with the number of problems he is having. I thought he would be able to transition easier at the plate, even if there was no power at the start. Its still an early season. He can easily turn it around. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 1:31 PM, hrubes20 said:

Great stuff as always, Devils.

Only glaring omission from the Cubs is Ben Brown.  An argument can be made that he's their #2 prospect right now. His production since the start of 2022 is terrific, but it's the film that shoots him up.  I've watched all his starts so far this year and he's up to 98 with movement, to pair with a plus curve.  He's also picked up the slider that is taking over in the Cubs system and has flashed a change at times.  I think it was Longenhagen that already updated his top 100 to put him in there.

I would also argue that Matt Mervis is an easy top 10 in the system, but I absolutely get if you wouldn't want to include a 25 year old 1B/DH only guy.

You hit the nail on the head with Mervis. Older guy with a breakout season. The power is there but what else really? Do you think there is 50 or higher in the bat? If you say no, I see it hard to have him on any list with his negative ability in the field and on the bases. 

Brown is a guy that I just dont have enough info on. Before the pandemic, he was not a prospect and in 21, only had 16 innings. I know he had a good 2022 with two teams but Ive never personally seen him and I just really didnt hear anything until this year. 

Was planning on getting to Greenville vs Winston Salem and Augusta vs Charleston this week but coivd struck and Im on my butt at home. Still hoping for a miracle so I can make it to Augusta tomorrow. Really want to see Carlos Colmenarez in person. He's probably my fourth biggest crush in the prospect world behind Elijah Green, PCA, and Joey Wiemer. 

Since I have all the time in the world today, I am going to spotlight a prospect that I have been watching somewhat closely this first month of the spring.

DYLAN BEAVERS, RF, BALTIMORE ORIOLES(A+)

2022 DRAFT, CB-A 1-33

Beavers was an All American and a Team USA guy during his three year at Cal, and was taken with the first pick in the first Competitive Balance Round in 2022. I was not that high on him out of college. I didnt think he possesses the tools to stay in center at the upper levels and I just didnt love the batting package. He's tall and lanky and I dont think he looks natural at times playing baseball. There is power in his body. Will he ever get to it?

He was drafted by the Orioles and I started buying in with my wallet in March. The Orioles have completely done a 180 and I trust in their coaches. I think they will develop this kid much like they have done with Kjerstad, Cowser, Norby, and others in the past couple years. He has the potential for plus power and he has a pretty descent idea on what to swing at in the box. He's not playing center for Aberdeen, and I doubt he will get back to that position, but he can play pretty good right field with a pretty good arm.

Only two HR in 219 plate appearances isnt great so far, but he's carrying a .192 isolated power so far this year, a 118 wOBA+, and he is walking 12% of the time in high A.

There's risk and he has a bit to go before he is considered for the top 100, but thats why he is a sleeper and is very cheap comparatively in the card market. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

You hit the nail on the head with Mervis. Older guy with a breakout season. The power is there but what else really? Do you think there is 50 or higher in the bat? If you say no, I see it hard to have him on any list with his negative ability in the field and on the bases. 

Brown is a guy that I just dont have enough info on. Before the pandemic, he was not a prospect and in 21, only had 16 innings. I know he had a good 2022 with two teams but Ive never personally seen him and I just really didnt hear anything until this year. 

Yeah, we'll have to see on Mervis.  I think he's going to end up similar to Rhys Hoskins offensively, which is really nice at league minimum.    

That's fair on Brown.  Certainly don't expect non-Cubs fans to know a ton about him.  Just letting you know that as someone who DOES know a ton about him, that he's easily a top 5 prospect in the system and I currently have him behind only PCA.  He's passing the box score test, the eye ball test, and the advanced metrics test.  I fully expect him to be in Chicago by the end of the year out of the bullpen, in an effort to manage his innings and to get him big league exposure.  

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

Since I have all the time in the world today, I am going to spotlight a prospect that I have been watching somewhat closely this first month of the spring.

DYLAN BEAVERS, RF, BALTIMORE ORIOLES(A+)

2022 DRAFT, CB-A 1-33

Beavers was an All American and a Team USA guy during his three year at Cal, and was taken with the first pick in the first Competitive Balance Round in 2022. I was not that high on him out of college. I didnt think he possesses the tools to stay in center at the upper levels and I just didnt love the batting package. He's tall and lanky and I dont think he looks natural at times playing baseball. There is power in his body. Will he ever get to it?

He was drafted by the Orioles and I started buying in with my wallet in March. The Orioles have completely done a 180 and I trust in their coaches. I think they will develop this kid much like they have done with Kjerstad, Cowser, Norby, and others in the past couple years. He has the potential for plus power and he has a pretty descent idea on what to swing at in the box. He's not playing center for Aberdeen, and I doubt he will get back to that position, but he can play pretty good right field with a pretty good arm.

Only two HR in 219 plate appearances isnt great so far, but he's carrying a .192 isolated power so far this year, a 118 wOBA+, and he is walking 12% of the time in high A.

There's risk and he has a bit to go before he is considered for the top 100, but thats why he is a sleeper and is very cheap comparatively in the card market. 

I remember reading a pre-draft blurb that said Beavers had a horrific contact rate against breaking stuff.  Great against fastballs though.  Your classic Pedro Cerrano.  Definitely interested to see if he has made any progress there.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

Yeah, we'll have to see on Mervis.  I think he's going to end up similar to Rhys Hoskins offensively, which is really nice at league minimum.    

That's fair on Brown.  Certainly don't expect non-Cubs fans to know a ton about him.  Just letting you know that as someone who DOES know a ton about him, that he's easily a top 5 prospect in the system and I currently have him behind only PCA.  He's passing the box score test, the eye ball test, and the advanced metrics test.  I fully expect him to be in Chicago by the end of the year out of the bullpen, in an effort to manage his innings and to get him big league exposure.  

I dont put a lot of stock into the hit only 1B/DH types as you know. That bat has to hit a pretty high bar for the guy to be valuable. He can definitely crush the ball. Why did yall have to sign Hosmer and push him to AAA at the start of the season? Dude was obviously ready for his shot after that AFL stint. 

Ill definitely check him out. Im just one guy doing this for fun, so there's obviously going to be some blind spots, and I dont want to act like I know everything. 

How high are you on PCA? I dont know if Ive ever heard your thoughts on him. 

4 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I remember reading a pre-draft blurb that said Beavers had a horrific contact rate against breaking stuff.  Great against fastballs though.  Your classic Pedro Cerrano.  Definitely interested to see if he has made any progress there.

Ive read one small article about the swing changes the Orioles have done since being drafted. Will that do anything to help with breaking pitches? I guess we will see. 

On 5/6/2023 at 10:04 AM, devils1854 said:

ST LOUIS
Jordan Walker||COF/3B||MLB
Masyn Winn||SS||AAA
Gordon Graceffo||RHP||AAA
Matthew Liberatore||LHP||AAA
Tink Hence||RHP||A+
Ivan Herrera||C||AAA
Alec Burleson||COF/1B||MLB
Joshua Baez||COF||A
Michael McGreevy||RHP||AA
Moises Gomez||COF||AAA

Great stuff here Devils! Also interested in hearing why you decided to leave Cooper Hjerpe out of the Cardinals top 10. 

Also, I look forward to your draft rankings, Mocks and knowledge on prospects every year, are we gonna get that this year? 

On 5/6/2023 at 10:04 AM, devils1854 said:

MILWAUKEE
Jackson Chourio||CF||AA
Joey Wiemer||COF||MLB
Sal Frelick||CF||AAA
Garrett Mitchell||CF||MLB
Brice Turang||SS||MLB
Robert Gasser||LHP||AAA
Jeferson Quero||C||AA
Ethan Small||LHP||AAA
Jacob Misiorowski||RHP||A
Yeison Perez||1B||R

Tyler Black belongs somewhere on this list.