Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

8 wins with this roster would be a miracle and that is with the lovechild Jimmy G miraculously playing a full season. Let's say that 8 wins is the barometer for JM keeping his job, if that is the case then I would place a 95+ percent chance on him getting canned.  

Oh yeah and **** the Donkeys 😂

I'm just waiting for the built-in excuses to come out around week 10 when people start blaming the schedule difficulty lol

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I'm just waiting for the built-in excuses to come out around week 10 when people start blaming the schedule difficulty lol

Lol the funny thing is the posters who are optimists are only a select few shills who I feel have multiple accounts they shill from.  No one with half a brain can look at the coaching staff and roster and think this team can contend for anything other than a losing record.  

We have a rigid, idiot, egomaniac HC who is a proven loser with one of the worst rosters in all of the NFL, led by an injury prone, noodle armed bum of a QB.  Combine that with a below average Oline and a bottom 3 D and you'll get what you see once the season starts which are massive losses.  The other ****ty part is that JM and DZ had nearly 45M to spend this offseason and one can argue the roster is worse than last year which is inexcusable. 

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lol the funny thing is the posters who are optimists are only a select few shills who I feel have multiple accounts they shill from.  No one with half a brain can look at the coaching staff and roster and think this team can contend for anything other than a losing record.  

We have a rigid, idiot, egomaniac HC who is a proven loser with one of the worst rosters in all of the NFL, led by an injury prone, noodle armed bum of a QB.  Combine that with a below average Oline and a bottom 3 D and you'll get what you see once the season starts which are massive losses.  The other ****ty part is that JM and DZ had nearly 45M to spend this offseason and one can argue the roster is worse than last year which is inexcusable. 

Nothing actually surprised me this off-season other than the fact that they didn't spend the money. But I do think it's indicative of the fact that Mark Davis probably insured them their jobs regardless of what happens this year. 

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

In your opinion how many wins does he need to keep his job? Obviously there will need to be context behind how the season goes but for the sake of this conversation how many wins will it take? 

It’s a tricky one as it depends upon the manner of the performance as well. We might win only, say 5 games but there might be some very good performances and some really close losses against good teams. 

I’d say 7 or more wins should be a bare minimum and expected and less than that would be a very hot seat. 5 wins or less and I think something is going very wrong and it would be very tough to keep them. There would have to be extenuating circumstances really. Again, I’m kinda torn as I don’t want yet another tear down and rebuild and start over yet again, but we also shouldn’t throw good money after bad if we know they’re not the answer.

I really hope that they can get to near 50% and show some real signs of progress like better 3rd down offence, better red zone offence, better overall defence especially takeaways and sacks, not blowing big leads, looking competent at least on all sides of the ball.

What would it take for you to want to keep them?

5 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Nothing actually surprised me this off-season other than the fact that they didn't spend the money. But I do think it's indicative of the fact that Mark Davis probably insured them their jobs regardless of what happens this year. 

They did spend the money but the ROI is terrible.  45M and they have nothing of substance to show for it other than a slow, average at best #2 possession WR.  

If they have been guaranteed a third year, regardless of record is flat out insane...  Davis is a homer for "big named" HC's so a three year guarantee isn't impossible however it would be a terrible business move.  Every offseason everything needs to be evaluated from the GM down and if people aren't cutting it they need to be fired.

I can't imagine these fools winning 4 games and coming back next year.  Mark Davis would be the ultimate stooge if this is the case.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Not to be too negative but at this moment in time, our starting QB is injured, our All Pro RB is holding out, our top draft pick is not starting TC due to injury and our other top defensive pick is out too on PUP………

When do we start to get nervous? Or is this nothing to concern ourselves about?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

It’s a tricky one as it depends upon the manner of the performance as well. We might win only, say 5 games but there might be some very good performances and some really close losses against good teams. 

I’d say 7 or more wins should be a bare minimum and expected and less than that would be a very hot seat. 5 wins or less and I think something is going very wrong and it would be very tough to keep them. There would have to be extenuating circumstances really. Again, I’m kinda torn as I don’t want yet another tear down and rebuild and start over yet again, but we also shouldn’t throw good money after bad if we know they’re not the answer.

I really hope that they can get to near 50% and show some real signs of progress like better 3rd down offence, better red zone offence, better overall defence especially takeaways and sacks, not blowing big leads, looking competent at least on all sides of the ball.

What would it take for you to want to keep them?

Without getting into crazy detail it would have to be a minimum of 8 wins.  If they can manage to win 8 games I would be in complete shock as the talent on this team is at the bottom of the league.  If JM can squeeze 8 wins out of this collection of bums then he would certainly have earned himself a third season because on paper this team has bottom three talent. The odds of winning 8 or more games is below 5 percent in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Wilson and Jones not practicing either.

Wilson is reportedly healthy and this is part of the plan to ramp up to get back into football shape. Sounds right to me instead throwing him out there

Young I’m not sure what’s up. Kuhn said it was a minor lower leg injury.

The good thing is the NFI and PUP list isn’t injury reserve. Training camp doesn’t start until next week

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Not to be too negative but at this moment in time, our starting QB is injured, our All Pro RB is holding out, our top draft pick is not starting TC due to injury and our other top defensive pick is out too on PUP………

When do we start to get nervous? Or is this nothing to concern ourselves about?

Heard Wilson passed the physical so he’s good they’re just babysitting him early 

young didn’t pass the physical but should be good in 2 weeks

jimmy supposed to be out all tc

i wonder when do the coaches start worrying about Jimmy or maybe they feel real comfortable with hoyer

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Heard Wilson passed the physical so he’s good they’re just babysitting him early 

young didn’t pass the physical but should be good in 2 weeks

jimmy supposed to be out all tc

i wonder when do the coaches start worrying about Jimmy or maybe they feel real comfortable with hoyer

I am not sure how anyone can be comfortable with Hoyer doing anything other than holding a clipboard.  I can already hear the built in excuses for Jimmy "lovechild" G, when he sucks because "he missed TC".  That is 100 percent on JM and his staff if Jimmy G isn't ready or prepared week 1.  If Hoyer sees meaningful playing time during the season....  Timber.  This regime is toast.  

6 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lol the funny thing is the posters who are optimists are only a select few shills who I feel have multiple accounts they shill from.  No one with half a brain can look at the coaching staff and roster and think this team can contend for anything other than a losing record.  

Nah you just 2 cents short of a nickel.

• Like 1