Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

13 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Why the **** do you think I’ve been so harsh on him?

Because as soon as we pay him, there comes 6 years of close but no cigar.

If he was playing like this in the first year of a rookie deal, there wouldn’t have been a bigger Love fan in the world.

We have a first round QB with literally none of the benefits of having a first round QB.

It’s a complete miscarriage of justice and the dumbest thing imaginable for a GM to do.

He kept compounding his mistakes by extending Rodgers and not going with Love.

Had he traded Rodgers the year after we drafted Love, we’ve got a Super Bowl win by now or this season.

This is ancient logic that keep needing to invent exceptions for.

You need to reformulate the moneyball ideas for the modern NFL

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

This is ancient logic that keep needing to invent exceptions for.

You need to reformulate the moneyball ideas for the modern NFL

No I don’t. It’s happened twice.

Once was Mahomes.

Once wrecked a team for the next 10 years and could have been derailed by a single missed field goal while keeping the team wrecked for ten years.

And I’ll bet you right now it will be another 10-20 years before another QB wins while taking over 15% of the cap.

Just because there’s one exception does not mean there’s a new rule.

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

During the post game show on FOX yesterday one of the commentators said something about Love being Rodgers' backup for 3 years and he should have been further along as a veteran player.  Strahan admitted a player doesn't really learn much as the backup.  Until he started to play regularly he had no clue what he was doing a lot of the time and this is even a bigger deal for a QB.  

This also completely ignores that Love's rookie year was the height of COVID and nothing was normal.  The 2020 season was effectively a lost year of development for Love.  That's not excuse making, that is the reality of what happened.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You guys aren't being honest with yourselves if you think Love is signing for anything less than $45/yr. Almost certainly will be over $50/yr. It doesn't really matter trying to get it done "early".

And then Outpost will need to find like a 9th exception to his rule when Love brings home the Lombardi 

Jordan Love isn't getting top 8 QB money based on what he's done so far.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MacReady said:

No I don’t. It’s happened twice.

Once was Mahomes.

Once wrecked a team for the next 10 years and could have been derailed by a single missed field goal while keeping the team wrecked for ten years.

And I’ll bet you right now it will be another 10-20 years before another QB wins while taking over 15% of the cap.

Just because there’s one exception does not mean there’s a new rule.

I guarantee a QB who makes over 15% of the cap in any year of his contract wins a SB on the contract in the next 3 years

Edited by incognito_man

1 minute ago, MacReady said:

He will if we sign him in the middle of next year, which is when I think we’ll sign him.

If he continues to play like he has the last few weeks, sure.  But he's been a middle-of-the-pack QB this year.  Jalen Hurts coming off of a year in which he completed 66.5% of his passes with a 2.75 TD/INT ratio and 6.97 NY/A got $51M/year.  Compare that to Jordan Love who is completing 60.5% of his passes with a 1.9 TD/INT ratio and 6.16 NY/A.  And that was after Hurts' 2nd year as a starting QB.  If Love has that Hurts-level jump, absolutely.  As of now?  Not even close.

Love will have a TON of leverage if he continues playing at the level he's been at the past couple weeks.  There won't be a reason for him to sign a below market deal, and I very much doubt GB wants to go down the road of using the franchise tag on him.  If GB makes the playoffs this year, Love is definitely getting paid.

If Love regresses over the next six weeks while GB falls out of the playoff picture, it becomes a completely different conversation.

Just now, CWood21 said:

If he continues to play like he has the last few weeks, sure.  But he's been a middle-of-the-pack QB this year.  Jalen Hurts coming off of a year in which he completed 66.5% of his passes with a 2.75 TD/INT ratio and 6.97 NY/A got $51M/year.  Compare that to Jordan Love who is completing 60.5% of his passes with a 1.9 TD/INT ratio and 6.16 NY/A.  And that was after Hurts' 2nd year as a starting QB.  If Love has that Hurts-level jump, absolutely.  As of now?  Not even close.

Ain't no way Love is signing for less than Kyler Murray lol

He won't be a Packer if the FO thinks like you. He knows he'd EASILY make that on the open market 

• Like 1

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Love will have a TON of leverage if he continues playing at the level he's been at the past couple weeks.  There won't be a reason for him to sign a below market deal, and I very much doubt GB wants to go down the road of using the franchise tag on him.  If GB makes the playoffs this year, Love is definitely getting paid.

If Love regresses over the next six weeks while GB falls out of the playoff picture, it becomes a completely different conversation.

If he continues to play this way, yes.  If it's closer to what his season average has been, no.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Plus, QB contracts increase by $5mil/yr 

People never account for cap inflation and it's silly

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Ain't no way Love is signing for less than Kyler Murray lol

He won't be a Packer if the FO thinks like you. He knows he'd EASILY make that on the open market 

Let's ignore the running aspect for a second.  Murray finished the 2021 season completing 69.2% of his passes, 2.4 TD/INT ratio, and 6.84 NY/A.  That's again, better than what Jordan Love has done this year.  And that's not taking into account what Kyler Murray offers with his legs.  Kyler Murray added another 423 rushing yards and 5 rushing TD in 14 games.  Jordan Love has a career 247 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs in 21 career games.