Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Quite simply, we disagree on the potential of Love. Period. The end.

#10 in QBR rating in his first year of starting.

13th in yards.  5th in TD's.  

Doing it with rookies and first year players at the skill positions.

All on a team that is less than a $10M cap hit.

Sign me up for this purgatory.

• Like 9

Terrified of giving him a contract after one year, sophomore slumps happen especially once teams have tape and time to study him. We all know even mediocre to our right bad QBs get stupid money.

He's also benefited from playing against some horrendous teams.

All this was predictable though when they red shirted the bulk of his cost controlled rookie deal. Oh well. I think it's malpractice, but it's how that goofy front office works.

1 minute ago, Laces Out said:

https://twitter.com/haydenwinks/status/1740035964108767600?s=48&t=TCA7da19Iz37TkX69zb3AQ

He played really well against the defenses that are actually good, though. I think if you’re worried about a QB getting “figured out”, you’ll never pay another QB again.

8 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

https://twitter.com/haydenwinks/status/1740035964108767600?s=48&t=TCA7da19Iz37TkX69zb3AQ

He played really well against the defenses that are actually good, though. I think if you’re worried about a QB getting “figured out”, you’ll never pay another QB again.

Cool. Let's have him do it again for a year and against teams having their starter in the entire game on the other side.

Once QBs get figured out and are on a huge deal you're in pergatory 7-9 wins season to season.

15 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

Terrified of giving him a contract after one year, sophomore slumps happen especially once teams have tape and time to study him. We all know even mediocre to our right bad QBs get stupid money.

All this was predictable though when they red shirted the bulk of his cost controlled rookie deal. Oh well. I think it's malpractice, but it's how that goofy front office works.

Stupid money is now $50M/year.

If we can get him under $40M/year, that is a win.

And it hurts my brain to type those numbers.

1 minute ago, Laces Out said:

Cool. Let's have him do it again for a year and against teams having their starter in the entire game on the other side.

Once QBs get figured out and are on a huge deal you're in pergatory 7-9 wins season to season.

I understand your hesitation.  Fully.

However...it is a dangerous game to play.  This is such a young offense at the skill positions.  If they all take a step forward this off-season, Love's numbers may look a whole lot better than #10 QBR and all those other stats I posted.

And then....price goes up.

That's why I'd tray for that 10-12 QB money on a 3 year extension or something like that.  See if the agent bites on it.  I'm doubtful that he would, but you never know.

But with how this offense is constructed, I can see him absolutely taking off, stats wise.

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

So Jordan Love is as good as a 40 year old with a broken thumb. Real high standard you guys have. I've never seen people so ready to crown a QB who can't even get his team to .500 in my life.

Yeah our team is 7-8 definitely not cause of our 30th ranked defense or horrific special teams. Damn Jordan Love for not leading us to a top record with a terrible defense, terrible special teams and injuries to our top guys on offense

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Laces Out said:

Ok then .. if you wait a year and he lights it up as he has shown he can -- are you ready to pay him 50 million plus for his contract?!  That's what it will cost .. 20-30% more by waiting .. THAT is what puts a team in purgatory.  

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Quite simply, we disagree on the potential of Love. Period. The end.

I just don't think he will ever be consistent enough to warrant a long term extension.

You guys act like I've never said a positive thing about him ever. I've never demanded he be benched, and I give him credit when he makes good throws.

I just don't agree with the overall philosophy of our front office. It would have been nice if we didn't waste his whole rookie contract in an era where mid level QB contracts no longer exist.

3 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Yeah our team is 7-8 definitely not cause of our 30th ranked defense or horrific special teams. Damn Jordan Love for not leading us to a top record with a terrible defense, terrible special teams and injuries to our top guys on offense

You are right the offense has been absolutely flawless. Jordan Love throwing multiple game losing picks and not being able to pass for over 100 yards by halftime the first 10 weeks of the season was all by design. He deserves absolutely no blame, give him 50 million a year right now.

Edited by StatKing

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I just don't think he will ever be consistent enough to warrant a long term extension.

You guys act like I've never said a positive thing about him ever. I've never demanded he be benched, and I give him credit when he makes good throws.

I just don't agree with the overall philosophy of our front office. It would have been nice if we didn't waste his whole rookie contract in an era where mid level QB contracts no longer exist.

My recommendation: It is what it is. Let it go and quit rehashing perceived past grievances into today's discussions and evaluations.

AR's gone. Accept it and move on. The whole decision making involved in that happening....is old news and no longer relevant to conversations about the current player's performance. That way...you dont have to continually defend yourself...or cause others to feel the same.

I strongly suspect GB will in fact sign Love to another contract. I think it would be the smart move by the organization and that Love's shown enough to warrant it. We fix a few things along the OL and get a crew of skill position players that can stay healthy for an extended stretch....this offense will work nicely.

The defense is a different case altogether and I eagerly look forward to a new DC. Who that'll be - I've no clue.

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

You are right the offense has been absolutely flawless. Jordan Love throwing multiple game losing picks and not being able to pass for over 100 yards by halftime the first 10 weeks of the season was all by design. He deserves absolutely no blame, give him 50 million a year right now.

You're surprised a 1st year starter at QB throwing to all rookies and 2nd year players took awhile to gel?

Answer me this, what QB has been in a worse situation than Jordan Love has been this year?

-All 1st and 2nd year receivers with no reliable vet to depend on

-Best play maker(Jones) missing most of the season 

-WR1 and TE1 missing significant chunks of the season 

-Turnstile at LT for a majority of the season

-Awful defense

-Awful special teams

And yet even with all the above he's led us to 7 wins as a 1st year starter. For context, Patrick Mahomes who many consider on the GOAT trajectory, has the best TE in the league and top 3 defense and only has 2 more wins than us.

• Like 1