Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

It at least appears there won't be a $60 million QB on the books before the Packers work out an agreement with Love.

It appears that the Cowboys, who are the only team set to spend less cash on their roster than the 2024 Packers as it stands today, are going to let Prescott play out the season, which is risky considering his no-tag and no-trade clauses. The Dolphins, though, have had contract talks with Tagovailoa, even if they seem to be leading to a road to nowhere.

ESPN’s Jeff Darlington reported on Tuesday that the Dolphins “are not offering the contract that is market value,” adding, “Based on my conversations, they are not in the Jared Goff and Trevor Lawrence ballpark.” Those two contracts are significant, as Goff brought in $53 million per year on his extension this offseason while Lawrence hit Joe Burrow’s $55 million per season number, which ties them as the highest-paid players in the history of the sport.

So if there were worries that the Packers needed to ink Love before Prescott or Tagovailoa reach extensions with their respective teams, it doesn’t seem like there’s much of a race going on. Green Bay seems the closest to an extension with their quarterback. The team has stated previously that they’re hoping to get a deal done with Love before the start of training camp late in July.

24 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

It at least appears there won't be a $60 million QB on the books before the Packers work out an agreement with Love.

It appears that the Cowboys, who are the only team set to spend less cash on their roster than the 2024 Packers as it stands today, are going to let Prescott play out the season, which is risky considering his no-tag and no-trade clauses. The Dolphins, though, have had contract talks with Tagovailoa, even if they seem to be leading to a road to nowhere.

ESPN’s Jeff Darlington reported on Tuesday that the Dolphins “are not offering the contract that is market value,” adding, “Based on my conversations, they are not in the Jared Goff and Trevor Lawrence ballpark.” Those two contracts are significant, as Goff brought in $53 million per year on his extension this offseason while Lawrence hit Joe Burrow’s $55 million per season number, which ties them as the highest-paid players in the history of the sport.

So if there were worries that the Packers needed to ink Love before Prescott or Tagovailoa reach extensions with their respective teams, it doesn’t seem like there’s much of a race going on. Green Bay seems the closest to an extension with their quarterback. The team has stated previously that they’re hoping to get a deal done with Love before the start of training camp late in July.

No way I'd give Prescott another deal. He's the definition of quarterback limbo. Good enough to win games, not good enough to win it all. I'd gladly move on from him this off season. 

Given the talks that McCarthy is not happy working for Jerry Jones (who couldn't see that coming), I'd consider trading Dak before the trade deadline if I were Dallas. See what the kid from San Francisco can do. Otherwise, draft one next year. 

I'd like to get Love's deal done and over with myself. Before Tua, who is overrated IMO. 

I kind of wonder what McCarthy has done with Trey Lance so far.  He has all of the physical assets you want.  And McCarthy is at least partially responsible for the development of Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, and a less careless late career Brett Favre.  Some Dallas preseason games might be an interesting watch.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I kind of wonder what McCarthy has done with Trey Lance so far.  He has all of the physical assets you want.  And McCarthy is at least partially responsible for the development of Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, and a less careless late career Brett Favre.  Some Dallas preseason games might be an interesting watch.  

Wouldn't surprise me at all if MM ends up being the best thing to happen to Trey Lance's NFL career

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

McCarthy absolutely deserves credit for Rodgers development and you can add Flynn to McCarthy's resume as well. . Can't give any for Favre. He was his best under Holmgren. 

The situation in Dallas is, if they don't get it done this year, McCarthy is out. In fact, if you believe the rumors, he might be OK with being out now. If McCarthy isn't back next year, Lance is screwed. He's also a free agent this off season. If Jones sees enough out of the kid in preseason, he'll tip his hand and try and extend him. Not sure I'd hold my breath with that happening though. 

One thing is certain, as a Packer fan, I'm hoping Prescott resets the QB market, after Love is extended. 

Edited by Old Guy

10 hours ago, Old Guy said:

No way I'd give Prescott another deal. He's the definition of quarterback limbo. Good enough to win games, not good enough to win it all. I'd gladly move on from him this off season. 

Given the talks that McCarthy is not happy working for Jerry Jones (who couldn't see that coming), I'd consider trading Dak before the trade deadline if I were Dallas. See what the kid from San Francisco can do. Otherwise, draft one next year. 

I'd like to get Love's deal done and over with myself. Before Tua, who is overrated IMO. 

Letting a MVP runner up QB go with nothing in return is how bad franchises stay bad.

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

McCarthy absolutely deserves credit for Rodgers development and you can add Flynn to McCarthy's resume as well. . Can't give any for Favre. He was his best under Holmgren. 

The situation in Dallas is, if they don't get it done this year, McCarthy is out. In fact, if you believe the rumors, he might be OK with being out now. If McCarthy isn't back next year, Lance is screwed. He's also a free agent this off season. If Jones sees enough out of the kid in preseason, he'll tip his hand and try and extend him. Not sure I'd hold my breath with that happening though. 

One thing is certain, as a Packer fan, I'm hoping Prescott resets the QB market, after Love is extended. 

Even favre had a resurgence with mac for a couple of years after sherman

Dak thinks he is untradeable because of the no trade clause in his contract but actually he just has no trade value. Maybe a 3rd for the commanders, raiders, or vikings

Edited by HokieHigh
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Even favre had a resurgence with mac for a couple of years after sherman

Correct.  Favre went from 20TD:29TD in 2005 to 18:18 in 06 and 28:15 in 07.  Under Sherman, Favre regressed to his very early career gunslinger mentality and just let it rip.  It was fun to watch, but it most certainly cost the Packers games.  When McCarthy arrived, Favre was more under control.  Since it happened when McCarthy arrived, I am going to give credit to McCarthy for reeling Favre back in a bit.  

McCarthy can be a good coach, and it also could have been the right time for the Packers to make a change.  Andy Reid is a good coach, but it was time for him to leave Philadelphia.  

Back to Jordan Love.  I am going to assume that the highest paid QB is just going to be the one that signs the most recent contract.  So Love will be until Dak or Tua or whichever guy is next.  We just have to hope that it isn't an albatross of a contract like Deshaun Watson.

7 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Dak thinks he is untradeable because of the no trade clause in his contract but actually he just has no trade value. Maybe a 3rd for the commanders, raiders, or vikings

Yeah, you can disrespect Dak as he is not a highest tier quarterback, but at this point I am happy that the Vikings are rolling with McCarthy. Prescott in Minny would be much scarier.

4 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Yeah, you can disrespect Dak as he is not a highest tier quarterback, but at this point I am happy that the Vikings are rolling with McCarthy. Prescott in Minny would be much scarier.

Is winning scary to you? He's 1 - 3 against the Packers. He was HORRIBLE in the playoff game last year. I don't give a **** about those stats he piled up after the game was no longer in question. 

He played in an offensive system that allowed him to pile up stats. He's not a winner. Also, MN will not be in the Prescott market after drafting McCarthy this year. 

8 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Letting a MVP runner up QB go with nothing in return is how bad franchises stay bad.

Paying a mediocre quarterback at the top of the market is how you stay in football limbo. Miami is going to do the same thing. They allowed Christian Wilkins to walk so they could sign Waddle and Tua. They couldn't afford Wilkins. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Is winning scary to you? He's 1 - 3 against the Packers. He was HORRIBLE in the playoff game last year. I don't give a **** about those stats he piled up after the game was no longer in question. 

He played in an offensive system that allowed him to pile up stats. He's not a winner. Also, MN will not be in the Prescott market after drafting McCarthy this year. 

Whats I’s sayings is thats I’d rathers be facing JJ McCarthy thans Dak twice a years.