Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Give me a freaking break.  I have no clue where you got that idea.  If Love bombs so be it.  Then we go in another direction.  All I was getting at is you were blasting his play when he is just getting started.  Yes, big contracts handicap teams but unfortunately this is what the market will bear for a good QB seeing they are so few and far between.  If you want to criticize these contracts I suggest you direct your ire at management and not the player.  No player is gonna turn down these ridiculous contracts.   

I didn’t blast his play, I said there are legitimate concerns so far and that you can’t give him a handicap because such and such didn’t play.

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

I didn’t blast his play, I said there are legitimate concerns so far and that you can’t give him a handicap because such and such didn’t play.

No LT, no LG for over 1/2, no running game, nobody to take the top off the defense. That is four of the best 6 offensive players, maybe the best 4. If that isn't a handicap, I don't know what is. 

He still threw 3 TD passes and it's his second start as the starter.

Joe Burrow is 0-2 and has played like ****.

Justin Herberg is 0-2 and put up a bunch of stats but can't win games. 

Jacksonville has scored 40 points in two games. Kansas City has scored 37 points in two games. Mahomes was without a tight end and everybody was making excuses for him. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

No LT, no LG for over 1/2, no running game, nobody to take the top off the defense. That is four of the best 6 offensive players, maybe the best 4. If that isn't a handicap, I don't know what is. 

He still threw 3 TD passes and it's his second start as the starter.

Joe Burrow is 0-2 and has played like ****.

Justin Herberg is 0-2 and put up a bunch of stats but can't win games. 

Jacksonville has scored 40 points in two games. Kansas City has scored 37 points in two games. Mahomes was without a tight end and everybody was making excuses for him. 

All those things you just listed are reasons why you don’t pay your QB and proof that you don’t give your QB handicaps because if you do, they’re going to be without those things once they get paid.

So thank you for agreeing with me.

16 minutes ago, MacReady said:

All those things you just listed are reasons why you don’t pay your QB and proof that you don’t give your QB handicaps because if you do, they’re going to be without those things once they get paid.

I'd rather pay a QB that is a known (not saying Love is there yet) rather than being unsure every year of what you will have (similar to what Bears experience too often)

It's where the market is at for now and probably for the foreseeable future, unless NFL somehow changes rules to favor the defensive side, which probably will never happen in our lifetimes.

I hope we find out this year what Jordan Love is, so we know where to go contract wise with him.

Edited by Eternal
  • Like 1

People are way too quick to write him off or crown him the next big thing. He's played pretty well given some key players being out but it's important to remember we played the worst defense and team in the league last year week one and an Atlanta team with a bottom 10 defense last year. I'm encouraged with his play thus far aside from the deep ball. Excited to see what he can do with Watson

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MacReady said:

If your point was that your quarterback is going to struggle when your top 3 paid offensive players are sidelined with injuries, then yes, I agree with you. The 4th one out was his deep threat and best WR. 

We had those same guys with Rodgers' contract last year. In general, I agree with your principle that paying QB's at the top of the food chain hinders your ability to get enough players to get to the Super Bowl. It's only happened once, twice if you could the cheating 49ers. 

You want to get rid of Jordan Love when you don't know how good he is going to be or how much he will actually cost. That is foolish IMO. 

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

If your point was that your quarterback is going to struggle when your top 3 paid offensive players are sidelined with injuries, then yes, I agree with you. The 4th one out was his deep threat and best WR. 

We had those same guys with Rodgers' contract last year. In general, I agree with your principle that paying QB's at the top of the food chain hinders your ability to get enough players to get to the Super Bowl. It's only happened once, twice if you could the cheating 49ers. 

You want to get rid of Jordan Love when you don't know how good he is going to be or how much he will actually cost. That is foolish IMO. 

Hold up, where did I say I wanted to get rid of him?

I love Love. It’s fun watching a QB who wants to win games rather than awards.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Interesting stat.

Jordan Love has thrown 136 regular season passes in his career.

Only 11 of those have been at Lambeau Field.  

That’s why this week is really going to give the best glimpse of what this team is.

It’s tough to win on the road. Extremely tough to win on the road with a young team. Extremely tougher with a young team and a first year QB.

We’re going to get our best glimpse of what this team is this week. I expect a two score win.

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

Hold up, where did I say I wanted to get rid of him?

I love Love. It’s fun watching a QB who wants to win games rather than awards.

I thought you advocated for trading him after this eyar and drafting a rookie, so we had 4 years of a rookie contract around this team? 

If not, my apologies.