Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

10 hours ago, oldmansmell said:

Favre wanted to go to the best team he could play for without completely learning a new system, he honestly should have won a SB in Minnesota - but he did Favre things. Favre transcended football, Rodgers is just a top 5 qb of all time (I say "just" only to mock other fan bases).

No.  He wanted to go the team that he knew the Packers wanted him to go to the least in terms of who was going to rub salt in their wounds, and be a pain in the side of the Packers.

• Like 1

I don't really think there's any way that Rodgers can sniff the SB in New York.  Too many killers in the AFC and the Jets aren't even the class of their division, let alone conference.  If Rodgers really wanted to stick it to GB, he could finagle his way out of New York and to the 49ers though.

12 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I don't really think there's any way that Rodgers can sniff the SB in New York.  Too many killers in the AFC and the Jets aren't even the class of their division, let alone conference.  If Rodgers really wanted to stick it to GB, he could finagle his way out of New York and to the 49ers though.

That would be the closest to the Favre saga. Maybe Det if they had an injury at QB but I think he’s in NY for a couple more seasons although things could collapse there and then you never know. Not to worry, we’ve got the power of Love.  Now get it done, Gutey and let’s get this hype train rolling full steam. 

25 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

That Jets team is damn good, especially the defense. If Jets get 75% of peak Rodgers, they're gonna be a hard team to beat.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Which would bother Cheesehead Nation more, Favre in Minnesota, or Rodgers in San Francisco? 

1 hour ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Which would bother Cheesehead Nation more, Favre in Minnesota, or Rodgers in San Francisco? 

The most recent betrayal is always the one that burns the hottest  but the schism caused by the Favre saga polarized the base more than it would with AR. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Refugee said:

The most recent betrayal is always the one that burns the hottest  but the schism caused by the Favre saga polarized the base more than it would with AR. 

This is true because most of the die-hard Favre fans remember all the years of ****ty quarterback play between Starr and Favre. They were all in on ride him until he dies. 

When Rodgers turned into a ****head, we figured it would be business as usual and we'd ride with Love for 16 years or so. We are pretty spoiled rotten when it comes to QBs at this point. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This is true because most of the die-hard Favre fans remember all the years of ****ty quarterback play between Starr and Favre. They were all in on ride him until he dies. 

When Rodgers turned into a ****head, we figured it would be business as usual and we'd ride with Love for 16 years or so. We are pretty spoiled rotten when it comes to QBs at this point. 

It also probably has a lot to due with the states of the media and internet during their careers. We pretty much know every single annoying thing Rodgers said or did and have heard or read 100 takes on each. We probably know a fraction of Favre's BS because at the time the media was still mostly bury/cover up the bad things you could rather than lead with it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me Favre going to a heated division rival bothered me more than the possibility of Rodgers in Frisco. 

Favre and his wife were bad mouthing the organization way more than Rodgers has as well and didn't let up for a long time. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

They are both going to have a happy ending, no Super Bowl rings. So, I could care less. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me Favre going to a heated division rival bothered me more than the possibility of Rodgers in Frisco. 

Favre and his wife were bad mouthing the organization way more than Rodgers has as well and didn't let up for a long time. 

Favre went scorched earth on the Packers organization in a way that Rodgers didn't even approach.  Still, I remember the good moments of Favre's time in GB much more than the bad.  Same for Rodgers.  Both were frustrating in that so many good teams didn't get it done in the playoffs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Favre went scorched earth on the Packers organization in a way that Rodgers didn't even approach.  Still, I remember the good moments of Favre's time in GB much more than the bad.  Same for Rodgers.  Both were frustrating in that so many good teams didn't get it done in the playoffs.

That is both of their legacies, which is too bad. So many good years and fond memories, but the sentiment will be, "should have won more championships. 

I wonder if it would have been that way had there been no Brady or Bellicheat? 

54 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That is both of their legacies, which is too bad. So many good years and fond memories, but the sentiment will be, "should have won more championships. 

I wonder if it would have been that way had there been no Brady or Bellicheat? 

Between them, Favre and Rodgers only got out of the NFC 3 times, so I don't see where NE had anything to do with it. 

The playoff loss to TAM/Brady wasn't about Brady being great, it was about GB finding new ways to lose a playoff game they should have won.

40 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Between them, Favre and Rodgers only got out of the NFC 3 times, so I don't see where NE had anything to do with it. 

The playoff loss to TAM/Brady wasn't about Brady being great, it was about GB finding new ways to lose a playoff game they should have won.

I don't think I made my original thought clear. Brady and Belichick changed the how quarterbacks are viewed. Used to be if you won one, it was legacy changing. Jim Kelly, 4 tries, zero wins. Dan Marino, zero wins. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I don't think I made my original thought clear. Brady and Belichick changed the how quarterbacks are viewed. Used to be if you won one, it was legacy changing. Jim Kelly, 4 tries, zero wins. Dan Marino, zero wins. 

The GOAT QB conversation used to be a bit more nuanced. Then about a decade ago everyone who had Brady would just say "Rings!". That was about the same time the could Lebron pass MJ debate heated up and the MJ supporters started just saying "Rings!" Then Brady won more and Lebrons case started being a little more legit and both fanbases started yelling "RINGS!" to the point it's not even worth having any debate anymore.