Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

I love the optimism in the thread, and I think Gute and MLF have done a great job fielding a team around Love that can be competitive despite the $40 million in dead Rodgers cap.

The thing is- Love’s completion percentage in the 50’s and his yards per attempt in the 6 range isn’t going to cut it for long.  

We’ll see what happens when the linemen, Jones, and Watson get back, but things need to improve.  Can’t count on knocking the opposing QB out of the game each week.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I love the optimism in the thread, and I think Gute and MLF have done a great job fielding a team around Love that can be competitive despite the $40 million in dead Rodgers cap.

The thing is- Love’s completion percentage in the 50’s and his yards per attempt in the 6 range isn’t going to cut it for long.  

We’ll see what happens when the linemen, Jones, and Watson get back, but things need to improve.  Can’t count on knocking the opposing QB out of the game each week.

That Yards/Attempt will skyrocket when some of these deep balls start getting caught rather than converted into DPI yardage. 

If I had Love in Fantasy, I would be beside myself at the moment. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Love has for sure missed some passes. What we don't know is how many of those are because his young guys ran the wrong route. 

For that reason alone, I'm not as concerned about his accuracy at this point. This young offense will grow together and when it gels, look out, might be unstoppable. 

Edited by Old Guy

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's been far more accurate when looking off the safety, then firing a deep ball versus the PA shot play where he's looking at the WR the whole way. Not sure why that is, but the shot play is the last thing this offense is lacking right now.

Thank God I'm wearing jeans at work. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's been far more accurate when looking off the safety, then firing a deep ball versus the PA shot play where he's looking at the WR the whole way. Not sure why that is, but the shot play is the last thing this offense is lacking right now.

Maybe he gets a bit too excited on the shot play.  The look off 1 way, then come back to the other side is more instinct/ natural see it-> throw it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's the difference between a pure reaction throw vs. having a second to think about it. The latter allows the brain to think of negatives. The former is done completely on reflex and natural talent. No time to allow negatives to creep in. 

The good news is over time, as he becomes more comfortable, he will improve on the other one. 

• Like 1

Among all quarterbacks with at least one game started, Jordan Love is 33rd in completion percentage.

Can we quit acting like my concerns aren't legitimate? Please?

My sister once told me she was moving in with a guy she had been friends with for four years. She'd lived in a different state for three of those four years. I told her she didn't have to move in with the first guy who winked at her. She didn't take kindly to that comment. Less than a year later she moved out.

You're all like my sister in here dropping your panties for the first QB who throws a TD.

Well, we waited a long time to see Rodgers rally a team in the fourth quarter.  Then it became second hand.  Then it disappeared.  

Love's 4'th quarter was very, very good.  The first three were pretty putrid.

My takeaway was this....he could really use a WR1 right now.  A guy that has actually played at a high level in the NFL.  Not someone who may be a #1 in the future.  If he had that safety net in this offense?  Look out.

So really, we are probably 2 years away from this dude being elite.  He's got the arm talent.  Brain looks like it is progressing nicely.  He's got the feet.  Now he just needs experienced guys to help elevate him.

Looks to me like the Gute haters are losing another talking point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Just imagine Watson out there running that. We have a TE that legitimately threatens that safety for the first time since Finley. Who do you run with? Either way you lose.

Give it up man.  Watson cannot be counted on to play a whole game.  Anything he can give you is just gravy at this point and time.

And we are just talking about playing, let alone actually catching a ball.

1 minute ago, MacReady said:

Among all quarterbacks with at least one game started, Jordan Love is 33rd in completion percentage.

Can we quit acting like my concerns aren't legitimate? Please?

My sister once told me she was moving in with a guy she had been friends with for four years. She'd lived in a different state for three of those four years. I told her she didn't have to move in with the first guy who winked at her. She didn't take kindly to that comment. Less than a year later she moved out.

You're all like my sister in here dropping your panties for the first QB who throws a TD.

He's doing that with Wr's who are first or second year players who have little idea what is actually supposed to happen on an NFL football field.  He's also doing it without a very good pass catching RB missing all but one quarter out of three games.

If Love had a WR who knew defenses or how to run routes, lordy would that percentage ever look better.

Really we are 2 years out from him being expected to be 63%+ on completion percentage.  This isn't just a Love thing, it's a whole offense thing.

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He's doing that with Wr's who are first or second year players who have little idea what is actually supposed to happen on an NFL football field.  He's also doing it without a very good pass catching RB missing all but one quarter out of three games.

If Love had a WR who knew defenses or how to run routes, lordy would that percentage ever look better.

Really we are 2 years out from him being expected to be 63%+ on completion percentage.  This isn't just a Love thing, it's a whole offense thing.

Love has badly missed a lot of throws. The players have been open. He has badly missed them.