Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Ok

Just like the Dolphins suck/don't suck so far this year. 

Slashes can help cover all possible outcomes, I agree. 

just read the post.  you misread it, that's ok.

The post and thread are about love!

Bottom line is [WRs are letting down love in some variety of manners] and driving down his efficiency and not helping him whatsoever.  He's performing despite these WRs not because of them. 

Like, Jordan Love's 50% completion percentage is nowhere near the same as Zach Wilson's 50% completion percentage or Justin Fields 50% completion percentage yesterday. Go watch all 3 and then come back to me and talk to me about completion percentage and how it doesn't tell the entire story.

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

Which is one of the reasons why I'd like for the starting offense to actually get on the field with him. Frankly, I think our OL - with all the personnel in/out - has done a good job of keeping him clean - which makes assessing his passing easier.

He's had time to throw, for sure, but nothing about it's been clean as far as the passing game as a whole. OL is doing their job but the timing and inexperience is showing elsewhere. That gets fixed with game reps and experience together. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

He's had time to throw, for sure, but nothing about it's been clean as far as the passing game as a whole. OL is doing their job but the timing and inexperience is showing elsewhere. That gets fixed with game reps and experience together. 

Clarify?

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Like, Jordan Love's 50% completion percentage is nowhere near the same as Zach Wilson's 50% completion percentage or Justin Fields 50% completion percentage yesterday. Go watch all 3 and then come back to me and talk to me about completion percentage and how it doesn't tell the entire story.

Then go watch Josh Dobbs complete 81% of his passes for the other end of the spectrum on why completion percentage doesn't tell the entire story.

• Like 1

Imagine if you were a Chicago Bears fan coming in here reading the complaints about Love and they are thinking, "he'd be the best quarterback we had since Sid Luckman!" 

Jordan Love is playing with ALL rookie and second year WRs. They are going to grow together and become dynamite. 

Can we stop picking fly **** out of pepper here? 

• Like 3

I literally did after that sentence. The passing game has had it's hiccups due to the inexperience of everyone involved.

Okay. Overall I've liked what I'm seeing in terms of composure, going thru progressions, deliveries, playing within the scheme and scrambling when necessary. He stays with the play and doesnt abandon it in order to run - a trait of many rookie / inexperienced QBs. 

I dont like the missed long passes. That's gotta get cleaned up....which (hopefully) experience will rectify. Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Looking at that deep shot to Musgrave, I'm intrigued by the possibility of how open Musgrave might have been if the WR down the right sideline is Watson instead of Toure. 

Throwing to Toure is a much easier throw to make. There was no chance that safety was getting over to him to break it up. He could have tackled him but it was a big gainer for sure. 

Watched it a ton. I think he put the ball 100% where he wanted to. Musgrave started drifting towards the safety. If anything, the knock there would be that Love had too much on it, not that it was wildly inaccurate. 

I thought it was a simple overthrow.  Sometimes that happens.  And it will take time.  Completion percentage is bad.  But does anyone watching think he has accuracy issues like Tebow or Kaepernick? I see a lot of close passes between young players that have 3 games and 12 or so practices together.  

And you guys know I am not carrying water for anyone.  If I think he stinks, I will say it.