Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

17 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

No, that's the freaking problem is people just look solely to Aaron Rodgers and the fact that he sat on the bench 3 years as some kind of silly end all argument to why it should be used.  They ignore the thousands of failures going on with QBs who are riding or rode the bench in the past and are stinking way worse than guys thrown into the mix immediately.

We got a whole league littered with guys like these who followed or are following the Rodgers love path and they all are garbage:

1. Kyle Trask:  super high draft pick bench developer for years now behind Brady and it's done nothing as the Bucs had to go after Mayfield, and he's awful in preseason so far

2. Jared Stidham:  supposed to be a big huge Drew Brees and Rodgers level guy, rode the bench forever, a big fat nothing

3. Tyrod Taylor:  Another high pick also rode the bench forever - BUST

4. Ryan Mallet:  Big high whomping drafted QB following the Love Rodgers trajectory - BUST

5. Landry Jones: bench bust

If the bench state worked as good as some seem to think, ever single one of those guys would be superstar QBs today

Meantime, we got so many QBs who didn't need any bench to develop on and did just fine like:

1. Josh Allen

2. Matt Ryan

3. Justin Herbert

4. Joe Burrow

5. Matt Stafford

6. Ben Rothlisberger

7. Dak Prescott

8. Russell Wilson (before 2021)

And then guys like Zach Wilson, Kyler Murray, Tua, not so good maybe but I guarantee bench time for them would make no difference, absolutely none.

Tyrod taylor as described: high pick bust

Tyrod taylor in reality: drafted as pick 180 in the 6th round. >3:1 td to int ratio from 2015 to 2017, 92.7 passer rating. Career derailed by injuries 

Tyrod taylor greatly benefited from years on the bench. 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2023 at 1:01 PM, StatKing said:

The amount of excuses for this kid is straight up comical at this point. I was told sitting behind Rodgers was a positive, now it's a negative because he's "picked up his bad habits".

Lets recap the agenda Love stans have been trying to push over just the last two weeks

1) Completing passes is overrated

2) Joe Barry is the reason we can't score points

3) We are the only injured team in the league, nobody else has any key players hurt.

Instead of blaming everyone else maybe we should blame the guy overthrowing guys by 10 yards every other throw.

This comes from me and is also not what I said. I am also not a Jordan Love "stan". I actually did not like the selection, but I am not willing to bury the kid four games into his career to win an internet argument. We don't know what he is at this point. For all the "stans" you claim are here you are the complete opposite in your fever to see the kid flame out.

41 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The stated fact is more than 1/2 of the quarterbacks who are forced to play early their rookie year flame out, fast. 

The other fact is by sitting you learn the playbook, learn how to really play NFL quarterback. You learn the progressions and nuances from watching the guy in front of you and learning. So, in fact, guys do get a lot better by not playing. 

Yeah but it still has done nothing for Tom Brady's backups not named Garropolo.  They shouldn't stink the hell up like they do if it works.

17 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

No, that's the freaking problem is people just look solely to Aaron Rodgers and the fact that he sat on the bench 3 years as some kind of silly end all argument to why it should be used.  They ignore the thousands of failures going on with QBs who are riding or rode the bench in the past and are stinking way worse than guys thrown into the mix immediately.

We got a whole league littered with guys like these who followed or are following the Rodgers love path and they all are garbage:

1. Kyle Trask:  super high draft pick bench developer for years now behind Brady and it's done nothing as the Bucs had to go after Mayfield, and he's awful in preseason so far

2. Jared Stidham:  supposed to be a big huge Drew Brees and Rodgers level guy, rode the bench forever, a big fat nothing

3. Tyrod Taylor:  Another high pick also rode the bench forever - BUST

4. Ryan Mallet:  Big high whomping drafted QB following the Love Rodgers trajectory - BUST

5. Landry Jones: bench bust

If the bench state worked as good as some seem to think, ever single one of those guys would be superstar QBs today

Meantime, we got so many QBs who didn't need any bench to develop on and did just fine like:

1. Josh Allen

2. Matt Ryan

3. Justin Herbert

4. Joe Burrow

5. Matt Stafford

6. Ben Rothlisberger

7. Dak Prescott

8. Russell Wilson (before 2021)

And then guys like Zach Wilson, Kyler Murray, Tua, not so good maybe but I guarantee bench time for them would make no difference, absolutely none.

That is a brutally bad post.

How do you take day 3 draft picks and compare them to top 10 overall selections and think you are onto something. That is laughable.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Yeah but it still has done nothing for Tom Brady's backups not named Garropolo.  They shouldn't stink the hell up like they do if it works.

Jimmy G is the only reasonably high selection that ever sat behind Brady. His backups were never drafted with an intention of starting or really even playing. And it's funny you use Brady as an example considering the start of his career, after all using the Tyrod Taylor criteria Brady was a high draft pick. As has been stated by many, sitting has its benefits and there is no sure-fire method.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

This comes from me and is also not what I said. I am also not a Jordan Love "stan". I actually did not like the selection, but I am not willing to bury the kid four games into his career to win an internet argument. We don't know what he is at this point. For all the "stans" you claim are here you are the complete opposite in your fever to see the kid flame out.

I had no issue with the selection, picking 26th, if you hit on him, great.  It was worth a shot.  I think he's a middle of the Pack QB.  Can you win with him over the long haul??  Maybe, but you'll need a lights out defense.  How far are we from that???  

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

4 posts to start this page i could have been completely oblivious to if y'all stop quoting em

Holy **** that one post about sitting QBs doesn't work and using guys that are basically drafted to be backups as evidence while calling them highly drafted was a ******* doozy though.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, R T said:

That is a brutally bad post.

How do you take day 3 draft picks and compare them to top 10 overall selections and think you are onto something. That is laughable.  

Legit one of the worst ones I've ever seen here. 

• Like 2

in an ideal world Love would have taken over for Rodgers last season around midseason.  

It's not like Love was sitting for any reason other than he wasn't the best QB on the team... which is fine I think.  When you're the best QB on the team it makes sense for you to start as a rookie - happened with Richardson, Happened with Tannehill, didn't happen with Rodgers.

IT ALL DEPENDS.

2 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Do you understand the difference between a backup and understudy. Guys like Jordan Love, Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers weren't drafted to be backups. They were drafted as an understudy to sit, learn and eventually take over. 

• Like 1