Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

46 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It's going to be tough to evaluate Love this season while his supporting cast is playing so poorly.  Acme's breakdown of mistakes/missed assignments vs DEN isn't pretty.  As expected, Love has issues to work through, but MLF and Stenavich have done a poor job of getting this young group of skill players up to speed.

Execution issues plague the offense in Week 7, pt. 1

Execution issues plague the offense in Week 7, pt. 2

Yes, not too many QBs in this league can overcome poor play by those around him.  Even AR struggled last year with almost the same cast of characters.  Let's see how the guys perform in late December before we call for heads to roll.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Maybe Gute is tanking?  I get that the hope is that they all kind of come together in the second half of the season and set themselves up for 2024 success.  I guess we'll see, but it doesn't make much sense to saddle a first time starting QB with a bunch of guys that aren't ready for primetime.  I think the idea has kind of been a bust so far.  I guess we'll see going forward.

to many ears in the room for a GM not to be exposed if he's purposely holding star players out of games, maybe get away with something like that with 1 or 2 games left in the season, even then it would get outed,  a GM, coaches have to much to lose trying that

what where seeing is youth acting like youth, lots of mistakes mixed in with some poor play, even the play calling isn't extremely bad, mostly just poor execution.

22 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Maybe Gute is tanking?  I get that the hope is that they all kind of come together in the second half of the season and set themselves up for 2024 success.  I guess we'll see, but it doesn't make much sense to saddle a first time starting QB with a bunch of guys that aren't ready for primetime.  I think the idea has kind of been a bust so far.  I guess we'll see going forward.

To a certain extent, he is/they are. There is no way that the GM who signed 4 FAs on the 2nd day of free agency in 2019 thinks that he is fielding a competitive team this year. 

MLF, too, said before the season that "the process is more important than the results" which is a dead giveaway that while I'm sure everyone across the board would like it to look better, everybody knew this wasn't going to be a great season. To some degree, it was an intentional deck-clearing. 

Does that make it a good idea? I'm not sure. It certainly doesn't make anyone look good, even you know what they're doing. 

25 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

To a certain extent, he is/they are. There is no way that the GM who signed 4 FAs on the 2nd day of free agency in 2019 thinks that he is fielding a competitive team this year. 

This is comparing apples & oranges. He had boatloads of cap space to work with in 2019. He very little cap space this past offseason. 

• Like 2

On 10/28/2023 at 11:55 AM, TransientTexan said:

This is comparing apples & oranges. He had boatloads of cap space to work with in 2019. He very little cap space this past offseason. 

I’m not comparing anything and I am literally saying that is the reason why he’s not fielding a competitive team and that it is intentional to get the cap correct. You’re not explaining anything to me that I don’t know and wasn’t implied by my post. 

I told all of you, but nooooooooooo.

I hate being right when being right means we suck. Jordan Love is a career backup.

He will have one great season for some team and then get an absurd deal and he will look like this after his absurd deal.

If his absurd deal is with us, say goodbye to a Super Bowl for half a decade.

We need to trade him or use him to start while our real QB sits on the bench a full year.

After watching the Packers-Vikings game as a Vikings fan, Love seems like he lacks the leadership/mentality/charisma? for the position. He possesses enough talent to be a quality starting QB, but lacks the attitude for the position. But I am used to old school guys. That aspect, in general, has been deteriorating for the last couple decades in NFL QBs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cconocool said:

After watching the Packers-Vikings game as a Vikings fan, Love seems like he lacks the leadership/mentality/charisma? for the position. He possesses enough talent to be a quality starting QB, but lacks the attitude for the position. But I am used to old school guys. That aspect, in general, has been deteriorating for the last couple decades in NFL QBs. 

I don't see where he lacks these traits, He isn't a ra ra guy, but I never have seen him down or getting angry, he's always looked poised and calm to me. I don't think he's not in control.  I think his issues are more his inconsistent accuracy and pocket presence. He always seems to want to move when he doesn't have to or doesn't have a great feel in the pocket.

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

I told all of you, but nooooooooooo.

I hate being right when being right means we suck. Jordan Love is a career backup.

He will have one great season for some team and then get an absurd deal and he will look like this after his absurd deal.

If his absurd deal is with us, say goodbye to a Super Bowl for half a decade.

We need to trade him or use him to start while our real QB sits on the bench a full year.

you're really taking your roll seriously with Love and are committed to it!

13 minutes ago, cconocool said:

this is a thing to say