Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

34 minutes ago, StatKing said:

His next contract looks like he sits on the bench next year and struggles to make a roster the rest of his career.

You are too harsh on him too early.

I see tools and confidence in him to get success  in this league. By next year this time we can come to conclusion. 

15 hours ago, StatKing said:

His next contract looks like he sits on the bench next year and struggles to make a roster the rest of his career.

I think he'll be in the league a long time as a career backup.  People need to realize he isn't taking a team anywhere.  I dont think he sucks, he's just is a mediocre at best QB and always will be.  You can't win consistently with a QB like that without a top 5 defense.

Edited by NFLGURU

Just now, Jaire_Island said:

You are too harsh on him too early.

I see tools and confidence in him to get success  in this league. By next year this time we can come to conclusion. 

Not interested. Is it really too harsh to ask he doesn't play like a bottom 5 QB? The decisions we make over the next year are going to be the most important ones we've made in the last decade.

• Like 1

Just now, StatKing said:

Not interested. Is it really too harsh to ask he doesn't play like a bottom 5 QB? The decisions we make over the next year are going to be the most important ones we've made in the last decade.

There's really only 2 options.  Either Love is as bad as you think that he is, and the Packers are in a position to take Caleb Williams/Drake Maye or he's better than you are willing to admit and they're not.  If the Packers have the opportunity to take a QB and they believe that college QB is a franchise QB and they don't believe that of Love, it'd be a fireable offense to pass on that college QB.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's really only 2 options.  Either Love is as bad as you think that he is, and the Packers are in a position to take Caleb Williams/Drake Maye or he's better than you are willing to admit and they're not.  If the Packers have the opportunity to take a QB and they believe that college QB is a franchise QB and they don't believe that of Love, it'd be a fireable offense to pass on that college QB.

I'd take Penix too at this point.

Edited by StatKing

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's going to be risk with any QB they might take.  Agree, if their guy is there you gotta take him.  I still hope Love can play his way out of that, but at this point, I'd be looking.

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

There's going to be risk with any QB they might take.  Agree, if their guy is there you gotta take him.  I still hope Love can play his way out of that, but at this point, I'd be looking.

There's no scenario where we end up with a top 5 pick and don't take a QB at this point. Gute picked Love and even he isn't as attached to him as half the posters on this forum are 

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

And if that evaluation comes down that Jordan Love isn't their guy and Caleb Williams/Drake Maye is their guy than take them.  But taking a QB for the sake of taking a QB is a GREAT way to setback your franchise.  Ask the Vikings how long it took them to recover from Christian Ponder?  Or the Bears after taking Mitchell Trubisky.  If the QB isn't there, build the foundation around that QB so that when you're in a position to take a QB they've got the supporting cast.  Right now, the Packers should emulate what the Cardinals did last offseason (assuming they're picking in that 3-6 range).  Trade down and get a future FRP from some desperate team, and then move back up and ensure they get their franchise LT.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I'd take Penix too at this point.

Hes a hard guy to evaluate.  I've watched every throw he's made at Washington.  He's a money deep thrower, not real mobile, but he's got great stable of WRs that are always open.  

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And if that evaluation comes down that Jordan Love isn't their guy and Caleb Williams/Drake Maye is their guy than take them.  But taking a QB for the sake of taking a QB is a GREAT way to setback your franchise.  Ask the Vikings how long it took them to recover from Christian Ponder?  Or the Bears after taking Mitchell Trubisky.  If the QB isn't there, build the foundation around that QB so that when you're in a position to take a QB they've got the supporting cast.  Right now, the Packers should emulate what the Cardinals did last offseason (assuming they're picking in that 3-6 range).  Trade down and get a future FRP from some desperate team, and then move back up and ensure they get their franchise LT.

Agree with all of that.

Edited by NFLGURU

3 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Hes a hard guy to evaluate.  I've watched every throw he's made at Washington.  He's a money deep thrower, not real mobile, but he's got great stable of WRs that are always open.  

Give me the guy who can throw any day of the week. The "mobile" QB we have tried picking up a 4th and 16 with his legs today.  I want a QB who trusts his arm in situations like that.

Ive been saying this for a few weeks, but it seems like MLF doesnt have a sense or understanding of what Love/ the offense are successful with.  

1st half game plan is short/ conservative passing and runs.  2nd half is more opened and deeper passes.  Maybe its dully the defense playing a different defense being ahead.   Though the leads haven't been that big to warrant that. 

If GB wants to find out if Love is an potential QBOTF, the training wheels need to come off and let Love sink or swim in the deep end.    That might not be in MLF DNA and might run counter to how he wants to play. 

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Ive been saying this for a few weeks, but it seems like MLF doesnt have a sense or understanding of what Love/ the offense are successful with.  

1st half game plan is short/ conservative passing and runs.  2nd half is more opened and deeper passes.  Maybe its dully the defense playing a different defense being ahead.   Though the leads haven't been that big to warrant that. 

If GB wants to find out if Love is an potential QBOTF, the training wheels need to come off and let Love sink or swim in the deep end.    That might not be in MLF DNA and might run counter to how he wants to play. 

I agree the only thing that is a head scratcher for me is that MLF has had the dude for over 3 years surely he would know by now that Love can't execute the offence he wants to run?

2 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I agree the only thing that is a head scratcher for me is that MLF has had the dude for over 3 years surely he would know by now that Love can't execute the offence he wants to run?

Practice/ preseason vs real games.

Might be that defenses have been able to disguise coverages pre/ post snap and Love isn't trusting what he is seeing.  

Preseason games the defense is very vanilla, so what works then is pretty meaningless

• Like 1