Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

I get it, now put yourself in Gute's position. Murphy is leaving in 2025.  You got one season only (2024) before the new boss comes in. 

Are you putting your job on the line by hoping Jordan Love develops in 2024????  Are you hanging your hat on him possibly for your job?

At this point, I'm not.

When Gute says the next 10 games are important, he's got a big stake in turning this around, it's not just at QB but other positions too.   

He can't afford another sh*tshow season like this year especially in 2024.

It's been assumed that Ed Policy might be the next in line to be the Packers team president, but I wonder if they will open up the nationwide search again to truly get to talk with some of the best in the business.  Hopefully the next guy gives more power to the GM, whoever that may be.  

Here's Ed's list of some of his accomplishments.

• Joined the Packers organization as vice president and general counsel on Aug. 1, 2012; promoted to chief operating officer and general counsel on Jan. 17, 2018.
  • Professional experience includes nine years in executive leadership roles with the Arena Football League, including commissioner, president and CEO, and a year as an executive consultant with the NFL.
  • Broad legal experience includes litigation, sports labor relations, sports facility construction and commercial real estate.
  • Three-time recipient of the SportsBusiness Journal's Forty Under 40 award in recognition of his achievements in sports business, and a member of the Forty Under 40 Hall of Fame.
  • A native of Youngstown, Ohio, and a graduate of the University of Notre Dame and Stanford University Law School

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's been assumed that Ed Policy might be the next in line to be the Packers team president, but I wonder if they will open up the nationwide search again to truly get to talk with some of the best in the business.  Hopefully the next guy gives more power to the GM, whoever that may be.  

Here's Ed's list of some of his accomplishments.

• Joined the Packers organization as vice president and general counsel on Aug. 1, 2012; promoted to chief operating officer and general counsel on Jan. 17, 2018.
  • Professional experience includes nine years in executive leadership roles with the Arena Football League, including commissioner, president and CEO, and a year as an executive consultant with the NFL.
  • Broad legal experience includes litigation, sports labor relations, sports facility construction and commercial real estate.
  • Three-time recipient of the SportsBusiness Journal's Forty Under 40 award in recognition of his achievements in sports business, and a member of the Forty Under 40 Hall of Fame.
  • A native of Youngstown, Ohio, and a graduate of the University of Notre Dame and Stanford University Law School

His father is Carmen Policy who was a big shot with the 49ers and was a big part of the Walsh, Montana, Rice years

From what I understand the process to find Murphys replacement has already started.  Very preliminary stuff, the first steps of a marathon, maybe just finding the headhunter for a national search? Murphy eluded to this a few months ago that the process had begun, but didn't elaborate.

31 minutes ago, Cousin Eddie said:

Your assuming the new boss isn't already in house, isn't part of the succession plan, and doesn't already like and believe in Gute.

He very well could be in house, but he could also see what's going on, want change and his own people.

52 minutes ago, Cousin Eddie said:

Your assuming the new boss isn't already in house, isn't part of the succession plan, and doesn't already like and believe in Gute.

The Packers need to go outside the organization. Bring in someone who doesn't have ties to the franchise and let them fix it. Packers need new blood. 

1 minute ago, landoc88 said:

The Packers need to go outside the organization. Bring in someone who doesn't have ties to the franchise and let them fix it. Packers need new blood. 

Why would that be exactly? Because we've had a couple rough games?

2 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

He could be a she who identifies as a he but is also non-binary they/them who what where when

Actually, there's an actual person....who's name I dont know at all....who was written about some time back as a possible replacement for Murphy. She's not Trans.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Actually, there's an actual person....who's name I dont know at all....who was written about some time back as a possible replacement for Murphy. She's not Trans.

Dawn Aponte, maybe?  Came across the article that had some potential candidates.

https://wisportsheroics.com/three-people-who-could-replace-mark-murphy-as-packers-ceo/

24 minutes ago, landoc88 said:

Disagree. The Packers are one of the winningest, most financially stable franchises in all of sports. Murphy has done a fantastic job guiding the ship, growing the brand, and increasing revenue. What he's done with the development around Lambeau and the additional revenue it garners alone is top notch. I'd be very satisfied if the replacement came from in house.