Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

6 hours ago, StatKing said:

We scored 20 points and he only had to throw the ball 26 times. If the Rams had Stafford we lose that game by two scores.

So what's the problem with that?  If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.   If we had Bak, if we had Jones for more than 1 game, if the wr's were older, if Barry didn't play a soft zone, if the play calling was questionable  .. we'd have at least 2-3 more wins.   LOL, you are something else.

12 hours ago, coachbuns said:

So what's the problem with that?  If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.   If we had Bak, if we had Jones for more than 1 game, if the wr's were older, if Barry didn't play a soft zone, if the play calling was questionable  .. we'd have at least 2-3 more wins.   LOL, you are something else.

clown Memes & GIFs - Imgflip@coachbunsstop responding to him. It’s so much less annoying. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

You said “ifs and busy were candy and nuts”. Just saying. I wish Nitschke was still playing too 😂

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Now do Bryce Young, Kenny Pickett, Desmond Ridder, Sam Howell, Mac Jones.

Do the first 20 starts for Jalen Hurts, Trevor Lawrence, Jared Goff.

This is called having a young QB. I know you're not used to it watching one of the greatest ever, but they just don't come in the league and play like Mahomes.

The only ones who would be laughing if you took away the logo would be ignorant. I'm laughing at ATL right now for pulling the plug on their young QB for a less talented Matt Flynn.

"Now do Bryce Young, Kenny Pickett, Desmond Ridder, Sam Howell, Mac Jones."

Bryce Young being a true rookie on a bottom three team learning a new system, so ill give him a pass for now.
If my QB is in the same tier as the other 4, were in big trouble so I don't see your point at all.  Those are all bottom 10 QBs. (I actually like Mac Jones and think he's been giving an awful hand, he statically is right there with T. Lawrence in career stats and wins)

Trevor Lawrence and Goff came in as the #1 overall picks, so their teams were terrible all the way around. Urban Meyer might be the worst coach of the 2020 decade. 

Goff as a rookie was throwing to Tavon Austin and Kenny Britt....

Lafleur was at worst a top 10 amongst this board for the past 3-4 years. Now all of a sudden he's a bad coach by most on here. I don't buy that. 

I'll give you Hurts.

Love being a 4th year player with this product being put on the field isn't very inspiring. I agree with giving him more time, but when some of us don't think he's the guy we don't deserve to be called haters, goofies and get passive aggressive comments etc.  You haven't said anything like that, but plenty of other posters have. There's this weird group think mentality here when it comes to some players and its off putting. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Now do Bryce Young, Kenny Pickett, Desmond Ridder, Sam Howell, Mac Jones.

Do the first 20 starts for Jalen Hurts, Trevor Lawrence, Jared Goff.

This is called having a young QB. I know you're not used to it watching one of the greatest ever, but they just don't come in the league and play like Mahomes.

The only ones who would be laughing if you took away the logo would be ignorant. I'm laughing at ATL right now for pulling the plug on their young QB for a less talented Matt Flynn.

Arthur Smith is on the hot seat. He needs to win some games and Ridder isn't getting the job done. Most coaches don't have the kind of job security Lafleur does.

13 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Jordan Love throwing for 228 and a TD shouldn’t be a call for celebration. That’s not a game that he did any more than meet expectations. 

I feel differently.  Given how bad he's played the past few games (MLF and Love), yes, this game was a cause for celebration.  They ran it over and over.  It ain't the yards so much as it is the attempts.  They were able to do that because the D was playing a third string QB and holding their own.

Love managed the game and didn't throw picks.

For me?  For where we are at now?  It was cause for celebration.  Because it was much different than we've seen for a while.

Why-celebrate-diversity GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The celebration is that everyone seemed to be seeing the same things for once. The penalties are awful and will kill drives and games, but the confusion was the part that was a more inherently fundamental problem. It's a reason to celebrate because it was a potential step forward if they can continue to build on that.

• Like 1