2023 WC Finals: (1) Denver Nuggets vs (7) Los Angeles Lakers

11sanchez11

Always been a Murray guy. Dude has had so many money 4th quarter playoff performances in his career. The Lakers played better defense but so did the Nuggets and the difference was that one stretch where the Nuggets hit 5 3s in like 7 possessions. 

On to LA…..AD will need a high 30 point game in one of the games and the other will likely have to be LeBron closing it late. If not, this could be 3-1 with the Nuggets closing it in game 5.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The Lakers aren't good. The West just sucked this year.

3 best teams when healthy (the biggest asterisk of all with the Clippers) were on the 1/4/5/8 side of the bracket imo. Kings were too young and green, Warriors were not very good all year long and only got the respect they got because of their past accomplishments rather than how good they were this year, and Lakers turned it on late and did become a legit team but they're still not that amazing. 

22 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I'm still really flabbergasted as to how anyone even debated Embiid over Jokic for mvp

Embiid's  fans ran a whole *** PR campaign for him on social media essentially, and a smear campaign on Jokic.

To say the Lakers are not good because they are down 0-2 to the Nuggets is hilarious. They have had shots in both games, albeit in game 1 they were down 20+. They aren't a great offensive team but they are still very difficult to score on in the halfcourt and multiple players on the team that can score 20+ any game. Bron and AD just weren't good enough offensively tonight. The Nuggets two best players are outplaying the Lakers two best players so far. It can change in LA and the series can be 2-2 after four. 

The Lakers have to shoot better at home obviously but they have got to show somewhat effort in transition on defense. No one ever stops the ball and the Nuggets keep getting easy buckets. 

This series is far from over. 

21 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

3 best teams when healthy (the biggest asterisk of all with the Clippers) were on the 1/4/5/8 side of the bracket imo. Kings were too young and green, Warriors were not very good all year long and only got the respect they got because of their past accomplishments rather than how good they were this year, and Lakers turned it on late and did become a legit team but they're still not that amazing. 

I'm sure people will call me crazy, but I think if the Warriors had gotten by the Lakers, they'd likely have beaten the Nuggets. Of course, this assumes that Klay doesn't play like that god awful Klay during much of the LAL series.

36 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I think we need to really stop valuing that award. Too many bozos get a vote and majority of time isn’t really based on who the best player actually  is 

This year proved it's worthless so I'm glad Embiid got a pity award

1 minute ago, Nobellythrower said:

What adjustments can be made to stop jokic at this point? 

the only way you can beat jokic is by not letting jamal murray light you up for 75 points in the fourth quarter.

there's no stopping jokic himself. he's the best player this latest generation has seen, imo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

So do you still let ad roam, which got exploited with denver players hitting shots or let ad 1v1 him? 

i personally just cry or give up because i'm not an nba coach

i've got no idea what they'll do. they'll lose, that's for sure. they don't have the defensive pieces around AD to stop jokic. 

19 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm sure people will call me crazy, but I think if the Warriors had gotten by the Lakers, they'd likely have beaten the Nuggets. Of course, this assumes that Klay doesn't play like that god awful Klay during much of the LAL series.

You're right, I will call you crazy. 

Nah but for real I would disagree. I wouldn't blame anyone for picking the Warriors in the series after they've proven everything they have, but this year the team chemistry just wasn't there and the talent around Steph wasn't playing as well as 2022 and Jokic has always killed the Warriors, he just had no talent around him with all the injuries. I think the Nuggets are just plain and simply the best team in the West though and have been all year. 

• Like 2