2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

7 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Which is why I hope Cunningham ends up in Washington if its anywhere this year. Because then all he is really bidding against is fending off other offers (which he wont know as much about). 

If we are moving on from JF, and taking a QB, its going to be at #1, there really isnt a debate there. So it doesnt really matter what the offers are. Which is why I feel like if we even listen to offers for #1, it means we want to continue with Justin for now.

That's a great point actually, he can know the Bears preference all day but they very likely haven't heard even a framework of offers yet, so could actually be a plus if Cunnginham and Poles both like the same QB or have the same data. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I've been calling for him as an up and comer for a few years. I think he will be much like Ryans and Vrabel, a solid HC who commands the locker room. Maybe with him they try to replicate Bill getting a young franchise guy with an elite defense. Might make them ideal trade partners.

Who is NE looking at for the GM role? I have thrown Eliot Wolf around as a prospective AGM and GM in a few mocks and staffs. If they want to stay in-house he might be at the top of the list. Has GB connections for coaching too if Mayo wants to assemble defense and let the GM assemble the offense.

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I've been calling for him as an up and comer for a few years. I think he will be much like Ryans and Vrabel, a solid HC who commands the locker room. Maybe with him they try to replicate Bill getting a young franchise guy with an elite defense. Might make them ideal trade partners.

Who is NE looking at for the GM role? I have thrown Eliot Wolf around as a prospective AGM and GM in a few mocks and staffs. If they want to stay in-house he might be at the top of the list. Has GB connections for coaching too if Mayo wants to assemble defense and let the GM assemble the offense.

They are THE ideal trade partner IMO. Move back to 3 and land Harrison and more? Yes please. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

They are THE ideal trade partner IMO. Move back to 3 and land Harrison and more? Yes please. 

Oh sweet! I forgot Murray screwed AZ out of 1.2, I just had to look the order up. That would be perfect.

I still want to get their first for 2025 and 1.3. I wonder what else would have to be given up if that was the case, like would the Bears need to give a 5th back in return? QBs throw off the draft pick trade charts even more, so 1.1 being worth 3000 and 1.3 being worth 2200 is an 800 point difference. But draft picks in the next year's draft are treated as a round later, so even a presumed 1.1. in 2025 would be worth 580. So the Bears would still be "losing" by 220 points, which I would take in a crackhead heartbeat.

I love and hate this, I have fun playing with these arbitrary numbers and scenarios but know anything I do will never actually come to fruition. lol

14 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Bummer

i'm assuming its because Ian didn't get the job and therefore we don't get draft picks for his hiring (and not because peters is coming from a real solid FO), but don't worry, Ian is still in contention in SD

37 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i'm assuming its because Ian didn't get the job and therefore we don't get draft picks for his hiring (and not because peters is coming from a real solid FO), but don't worry, Ian is still in contention in SD

South Dakota?

Yes, bummer because of the comp picks

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

South Dakota?

Yes, bummer because of the comp picks

they'll always be san diego chargers to me. i don't recognize them in LA (especially because the Rams new logo looks more like it would be for the chargers anyways)