2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

If I'm being honest, the meathead fan in me reaaallly wants Henry to go to LAC. Harbaugh loves his power running game, Henry gets to be his newer bigger Frank Gore, and Herbert gets to have an absolute tank helping get him into 3rd and short situations. 

Not going to bother to look at cap space or anything, just a pairing I'd love to see. 

31 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

He got 6 years because he’s going into a situation that’s pretty undesirable for the top candidates (questions at QB, an extremely subpar roster and no 2024-1 or 2025-2 picks with which to build it back up and a meddling owner who is quick to fire coaches). Pretty sure Canales didn’t even get an interview anywhere else which, despite his work with Mayfield this year, speaks to where he was on the league’s radar. 

matt rhule also got 6 years there, and iirc it was fairly desirable back then

25 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

ATL maybe not as good a fit for Fields now?

They simplified things for Goff in his best years there, did a lot of focusing on the run game, etc. Granted the playcalling and offense have to be different for Fields than for Stafford, but a good OC should be able to do so. I still think it sounds like a good pairing tbh.

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

They simplified things for Goff in his best years there, did a lot of focusing on the run game, etc. Granted the playcalling and offense have to be different for Fields than for Stafford, but a good OC should be able to do so. I still think it sounds like a good pairing tbh.

I would love him to go there as much for him as anything else...

Seattle is also going to be a really interesting fit if Dan Quinn gets the job...I remember reading him and Arthur Smith are close and as much as Geno is there he isn't the long term solution...

Also seen a lot of mocks with Jayden Daniels at #3 to NE...that is too high IMO and they really have a blank slate on offence this year...could take MJH at #3 and outbid anyone else with a 2nd for Fields.

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

That was a ridiculous catch by Kelce   wow

He can't run like he used too but his body control & hands are still just elite...

Mahomes & the Chiefs are starting to feel the the Brady & the Pats when they were at their best...teams fear them in the playoffs so even when they maybe don't have as much talent on the team or aren't playing as well they still enter every game with a mental advantage.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

He can't run like he used too but his body control & hands are still just elite...

I keep looking at this draft, and if Bowers falls far enough, do the Chiefs make the move to make sure they can replacing Kelce? Even if he does play a few more years? And how far would he have to fall for them to make the move?

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I keep looking at this draft, and if Bowers falls far enough, do the Chiefs make the move to make sure they can replacing Kelce? Even if he does play a few more years? And how far would he have to fall for them to make the move?

I just can't see any way they could make it work to get up far enough...Bowers goes top 10 IMO...the Chiefs have so much money tied up in the top of their roster that they need draft picks in order to fill some of their spots...Jones & Sneed will need paid this offseason...next offseason they have Humphrey & Smith to pay...going to need to offset some of that with rookies.

25 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Mahomes would be skipping around for weeks. Ugh.