2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

27 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

When did sports journalism become ******* TMZ?

I think you’re overreacting just a bit. These kind of rumors happen every year when a massive FA or the Top few picks are in question (especially with QBs available)

I just find it interesting, as I don’t think this thing is as over as many want to pretend it is 

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Wash is rebuilding.  The only trade they would do to move up one spot would be a Trubisky trade.

They aren't giving a ton of draft capital to move one spot with that roster.

The people on X and draft simulators giving up 3 firsts and change for a one spot move with Wash or a two spot move with NE just aren't happening.

Same with Dallas fans having us give 2 firsts and next years first and our first born child for Dak Prescott for reasons.

When contemplating a trade I always think would I consider it if I was other side.   Fans always want the moon for peanuts. or peanuts for the moon.

31 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

When contemplating a trade I always think would I consider it if I was other side.

It doesn’t matter what you or I or another fanbase would do. It matters what a New, power hungry and desperate Owner would do. 

Originally I didn’t think Josh Harris fell into that, but now that he lost his golden goose (Ben Johnson) he seems to be in a bit of a spiral. There’s a chance we can really take advantage of that, IF we arent 100% in on Williams.

It could absolutely end up being nothing, but the Raiders thing was really weird, and now it’s Schefter making this connection (not a shock jock). There is absolutely something there. That something may fall flat, but Kliff was not talked about as some hot name as an OC until the talks started with him in tandem with Caleb. 

15 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

It doesn’t matter what you or I or another fanbase would do. It matters what a New, power hungry and desperate Owner would do. 

Originally I didn’t think Josh Harris fell into that, but now that he lost his golden goose (Ben Johnson) he seems to be in a bit of a spiral. There’s a chance we can really take advantage of that, IF we arent 100% in on Williams.

It could absolutely end up being nothing, but the Raiders thing was really weird, and now it’s Schefter making this connection (not a shock jock). There is absolutely something there. That something may fall flat, but Kliff was not talked about as some hot name as an OC until the talks started with him in tandem with Caleb. 

We'll see.

I have to admit some trades have shocked me.  I didn't see them coming.  

The Herschel Walker trade back in day.  The Adams trade to Seattle was one that recently really shocked me.

Jets got way more than I ever thought possible for basically a good box safety which aren't rare.  Tunsil got a bigger return than I thought too - but I wasn't totally shocked by it.   LTs are valuable are rare.  

Josh Rosen getting traded for after it was pretty clear he was junk was a little surprising. 

Other trades aren't really shocking.  Like the Rodgers trade - I just disagree with the move.  Or the Ricky Williams trade - I knew that was moronic, but I also knew Ditka was moronic so I wasn't shocked at all.   

I think a one or two spot move could return a first, but multiple firsts from already really bad teams would be surprising.

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

So much more manufactured content coming because of this.

It’s not complicated - if CW is Poles’ guy he’s taking him outside of some ungodly massive offer. If he’s not then we trade the pick, with a move to WSH at 2 giving us both the option to take Maye/Daniels/MHJ (if we stick with Fields) or to trade down again for a second haul.

I love the draft cycle - it’s one of my favorite parts of the NFL - but I can’t wait until we get to the part of the draft cycle where we can just talk about the draft. If the plan is trading Fields I hope that happens sooner than later. At least then it can be prospect debating rather than the sniping and condescending Fields vs. the world **** we see every single day. 

I'll be honest I think we are already there...as much as Fields hasn't been moved yet the big three (Schefter, Rap, Pelissero) have all said that the belief around the league is we are taking Caleb...that was the buzz at the senior bowl account to Fishbain...Hoge & Jahns seem pretty convinced we are taking Caleb...Biggs seems convinced we are taking him...

At this point I would be stunned if he is not the pick.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I'll be honest I think we are already there...as much as Fields hasn't been moved yet the big three (Schefter, Rap, Pelissero) have all said that the belief around the league is we are taking Caleb...that was the buzz at the senior bowl account to Fishbain...Hoge & Jahns seem pretty convinced we are taking Caleb...Biggs seems convinced we are taking him...

At this point I would be stunned if he is not the pick.

yeah i think we'd see a lot more "the bears are going to do their due diligence and really look at all the options available to them" rather than "the prevailing thought is they are going to take CW"

honestly, trading for CAR's 1st this year has worked out just like with the Blackhawks with Connor Bedard. You're hoping for a high draft pick with just the opportunity to take the guy that most thing is going to have the biggest impact for your team. it's just coincidentally worked for both the Bears and Hawks

4 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

yeah i think we'd see a lot more "the bears are going to do their due diligence and really look at all the options available to them" rather than "the prevailing thought is they are going to take CW"

honestly, trading for CAR's 1st this year has worked out just like with the Blackhawks with Connor Bedard. You're hoping for a high draft pick with just the opportunity to take the guy that most thing is going to have the biggest impact for your team. it's just coincidentally worked for both the Bears and Hawks

People might not like it...or even really understand it...but there is more to drafting guys like Bedard & Caleb...as much as they are elite prospect as players they also bring with them a huge amount of interest & money to the franchise that drafts them...I don't really follow the NHL but I have seen a ton of things about Bedard since he was draft right up to the injury...think of the jersey sales alone if we draft Caleb...the sponsorship deals that come our way even with him as a rookie...the amount of air time of ESPN & any other sports platform...eyes will come from everywhere on the Bears and with a stadium to build anything that creates more revenue is a plus.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

So much more manufactured content coming because of this.

It’s not complicated - if CW is Poles’ guy he’s taking him outside of some ungodly massive offer. If he’s not then we trade the pick, with a move to WSH at 2 giving us both the option to take Maye/Daniels/MHJ (if we stick with Fields) or to trade down again for a second haul.

I love the draft cycle - it’s one of my favorite parts of the NFL - but I can’t wait until we get to the part of the draft cycle where we can just talk about the draft. If the plan is trading Fields I hope that happens sooner than later. At least then it can be prospect debating rather than the sniping and condescending Fields vs. the world **** we see every single day. 

IF and when they trade Fields the writing will be on wall I think.

After the outcry from some dies down and people accept new reality, it will be nice to start uniting and getting excited about Caleb.

Who knows if he will be a great NFL QB, but his highlight reel is just insane.   Absent the debate about Fields people would be going nuts I think.

IF we keep Fields and trade for a haul I will get excited about that.  I will already be planning to root against the team whose 2025 number 1 pick we hold in hopes for yet another 1st over all pick.

Edited by dll2000

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

After the outcry from some dies down and people accept new reality, it will be nice to start uniting and getting excited about Caleb.

Unless/Until Fields and his new team is playing better than us at some point, quite literally any point, and then it will flare up again every single time

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

People might not like it...or even really understand it...but there is more to drafting guys like Bedard & Caleb...as much as they are elite prospect as players they also bring with them a huge amount of interest & money to the franchise that drafts them...I don't really follow the NHL but I have seen a ton of things about Bedard since he was draft right up to the injury...think of the jersey sales alone if we draft Caleb...the sponsorship deals that come our way even with him as a rookie...the amount of air time of ESPN & any other sports platform...eyes will come from everywhere on the Bears and with a stadium to build anything that creates more revenue is a plus.

Draft CW - Hard Knocks confirmed

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Unless/Until Fields and his new team is playing better than us at some point, quite literally any point, and then it will flare up again every single time

There will be told you so's for awhile in any direction that it seems something good is happening for one or other.

Honestly,

My dad was down on Fields from draft day and never waivered from it.

And I was one who kept saying he was going to be great.  Just wait.  Going to be great. 

He has been good about not doing a told you so to me.