Green Bay to Host the 2025 NFL Draft

13 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

If the USA has removed the Covid vax flight restrictions by then I am definitely coming for that!!!!
Where should I book a hotel? I'm doing it now

I think they did a week or two ago? Can't say for sure though. 

12 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

We just need to pick out our lineup now of our former greats to announce our draft picks on those days instead of Goodell.  I say we go ...

1.  Larry McFadden

2.  Robert Brooks

3.  LeRoy Butler as usual

4.  Santana Dotson

5.  Ahman Green

6.  Mark Tauscher

7.   Jordy

I say hell yeah get the whole band of greats out there to do it

All of Rodgers ex-WR's who didn't get drafted in the first round. Have them announce the round they were picked in and let Jordan Love do round 1 after winning a Super Bowl. Also, Jordan Love will get to introduce a WR taken in round 1. 

Seriously though, I do like your list. Maybe James Jones in there for me somewhere and wouldn't mind Nick Collins either. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

And...I'm very open to the idea of hosting folks at my place in Door County.  It is about 50 minutes, maybe less, to GB for the event.  I can probably take 4-5 folks at my place, free of charge.

That’s some very generous midwestern hospitality. Be careful what you wish for! DC is beautiful, even in winter and spring. We used to go all the time as a family road trip as a kid to Newport and Rock Island but I only started exploring it again as an adult recently. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, svp said:

Reddit is speculating the "Green Bay, greatest place to live and watch football"  articles were manufactured by NFL.

It would have been in the works for a bit. Because the year before Green Bay was the 3rd best city. 

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If you do, you are certainly welcome at my place.

I’m going to do what I do for everything else which is say I’m going to go, keep saying I’m going to go, plan on going and then stay home instead.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I’m going to do what I do for everything else which is say I’m going to go, keep saying I’m going to go, plan on going and then stay home instead.

I hear yah!   

But...should you change your mind, I have some space.  And I'll bet I can create more because my friend would come up and bring his camper with him.  Park it in the driveway.  Then I could take 7-8 people.  

And we could take over the clubhouse.....whirlpool, pool, card tables, tv, fireplace....etc.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Refugee said:

That’s some very generous midwestern hospitality. Be careful what you wish for! DC is beautiful, even in winter and spring. We used to go all the time as a family road trip as a kid to Newport and Rock Island but I only started exploring it again as an adult recently. 

I'm actually very serious about my offer.  I know myself, as @MacReady knows himself.  I say I'll go now...but when the time comes, I may not.  But if a group commits to using my place and we can go together?  Different story.  And I'm down with that.

Places are going to book up fast for that event.  And it'll be everywhere around GB.  Oconto, Peshtigo, Door County, Appleton.....etc.

What I've found in the past during games is that the hotels in DC book up, but the traffic to and from DC is no where near as ridiculous as Highway 41/45 or 43.