Diablo 4

showtime

29 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Bone spear necro is the best wizard in the game. Elemental druid is also fun. I would definitely recommend either of those before Sorc. Wait until they actually fix the sorc class.

Bone spear is ridiculous and its just a matter of time before it gets nerfed. I think some people were surprised that it wasnt nerfed. Ive seen a bone spear necro destroy a lvl 90+ world boss in literally 2-3 seconds it was crazy.

And i dont really mind playing sorc its a slow burn, enemies take awhile to kill but i still kinda find it fun. Im not doing meta builds, watching YT videos or going to maxroll to find the "s" tier builds. My favorite thing about this game is running my own "theory crafted" build even if my build is "theoretically" booty. Like i saw a couple skills for druid where you can call upon Wolves or Ravens that deal damage and i swear i never see those skills being used and thats something that peaks my interest for druid. 

Its kinda funny after the patch everyone is complaining that their build feels really bad now but my chain lightning/burn/ blizzard build feels better now than before the patch, probably the 25% increased damage to skills such as frost, lightning, cold, and all things alike. I assume everyone thats complaining about their build now were running a meta build or using a bugged aspect that was dealing more damage than intended.

Also that new uber unique item they added seems like its so bad. Like why is it an extremely rare unique like Shako?

Edited by Sad People

1 hour ago, Sad People said:

Bone spear is ridiculous and its just a matter of time before it gets nerfed. I think some people were surprised that it wasnt nerfed. Ive seen a bone spear necro destroy a lvl 90+ world boss in literally 2-3 seconds it was crazy.

And i dont really mind playing sorc its a slow burn, enemies take awhile to kill but i still kinda find it fun. Im not doing meta builds, watching YT videos or going to maxroll to find the "s" tier builds. My favorite thing about this game is running my own "theory crafted" build even if my build is "theoretically" booty. Like i saw a couple skills for druid where you can call upon Wolves or Ravens that deal damage and i swear i never see those skills being used and thats something that peaks my interest for druid. 

Its kinda funny after the patch everyone is complaining that their build feels really bad now but my chain lightning/burn/ blizzard build feels better now than before the patch, probably the 25% increased damage to skills such as frost, lightning, cold, and all things alike. I assume everyone thats complaining about their build now were running a meta build or using a bugged aspect that was dealing more damage than intended.

Also that new uber unique item they added seems like its so bad. Like why is it an extremely rare unique like Shako?

The people complaining are the people that have already spent 500+ hours and have multiple level 100 characters, who do nothing but obsess about min/max builds. Every single post on Reddit for the last month has been about how "everyone" has beaten the game and is bored, so of course they are going to patch things to slow everyone down. Like you said, when someone can delete a world boss in a few seconds, things need to be nerfed. I am shocked they didn't hit bone spear harder. 

I really want to get the new necro shield, that looks like it could be pretty fun with the right build:

• Lidless Wall (Unique Shield): Lucky Hit - While you have an active Bone Storm, hitting an enemy outside of a Bone Storm has up to a 5-25% chance to spawn an additional Bone Storm at their location. Each of your active Sacrifice bonuses increases the chance by 25% and the total number of additional Bone Storms you can have by +1.

1 hour ago, Sad People said:

Like i saw a couple skills for druid where you can call upon Wolves or Ravens that deal damage and i swear i never see those skills being used and thats something that peaks my interest for druid. 

I have a Druid as a HC character, just to kill time until season 1, and yeah the Wolves and Ravens aren't going to be great endgame options, but they are definitely fun for leveling. It is cool they are just small passive damage, but also have active skills that actually do some real damage. 

Definitely the biggest problem with this game is people doing nothing but following "meta" builds and trying powerlevel and min/max for endgame instead of just having fun. The world is great, and there are so many fun skills to try out. This game shines in the early/mid-game up to level ~75.

I had to ditch my rogue build for twisting blades. That's fine, the new build is crazy strong.

I suspect I'll also have to go with a minion-less bone spear build on my necro.

It feels really weird that they're kind of steering into the imbalance instead of fixing it. The strong builds are still insanely strong while barb and sorc seem kinda hurt.

I guess the reason as to why theyve been so stingy with the stash tabs is because whenever you walk by someone in game you have to load that persons stash. What a terrible game design and makes sense as to why i rubberband whenever i walk into the stash room and theres multiple people there.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

5 new endgame bosses for D4 in S2. Wonder if that means world bosses, bosses that appear at the end of the dungeon or what. Sounds like its free too.

EDIT: Thinking about it more what do they mean by free? Will the battlepass be free or what? Because S1 was free as well.

Edited by Sad People

• 2 months later...

I wish they made a way to level up that wasn't just running nightmare dungeons over and over.  It got so repetitive that I and my crew got bored and moved on.  They really lost a golden opportunity in the end game IMO by not having enough to do.  We all stopped in the high 80s or low 90s just knowing that final grind to 100 to take on Ultra Lilith was going to be brutally boring. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2023 at 8:11 PM, RaisinBran said:

How steep is the learning curve for this game? I've never played a Diablo game before but I remember some of my friends playing it on the computer when i was in like 4th grade (which was like 20 something years ago).

It's not that hard. There's a pretty straightforward skill tree and the game does a good job of telling you what you're supposed to be doing in the beginning when you need to beat the campaign.

• Like 1