Diablo 4

showtime

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Diablo 2 is what 20+ years old? I for one don't want the game looking like that 💀

Diablo 4 is its own game. Why do it have to look like D3 or D2.

You’re the one saying it doesn’t look like Diablo 3, but it does.  Some of the dungeon pieces were practically copy/pasted from D3.

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You’re the one saying it doesn’t look like Diablo 3, but it does.  Some of the dungeon pieces were practically copy/pasted from D3.

I mean if you think this is Diablo 3 then pass on this game and just keep playing Diablo 3 for the next 10 years 💀

I finished the campaign last night.  I'm around level 50.  Here's my early review thoughts, from someone who's played every Diablo game extensively. Minor spoilers: 

- First I just want to say that overall the game is enjoyable but it doesn't live up to the hype of what this series could be. 

- How the hell are you going to have a Diablo game where you don't fight Diablo? I know that they plan to add to the story via "seasons" and probably a future expansion, but the main antagonist of the series isn't a DLC character.  I mean come on. 

- The game starts off fun but really slows down around level 30. Leveling from 30-50 takes forever.  I think they need to tweak the leveling because it feels like a huge grind, and supposedly you can go all the way to 100.  I can't imagine how long that takes.  I'd like to be able to play with another character class but its taking me so long with my first. 

- I really really hate the inventory system. I preferred Diablo 2's system where there were normal, exceptional and elite items.  When one dropped you had a general idea whether that item was useful or not. In the D4 system (which is basically just the D3 system) the item could be named any generic name but is assigned an item level with random stats. This means you literally have to read the stats on every piece of gear to know whether its worth keeping in a game where you're picking up thousands of items.

- The music is generic and boring. 

-  Its weird that they forced the game into being an open world MMO type game, but it feels like an even more solo game playing experience than the previous games. In D2 it was easy to pair up with people to play multiplayer. In this game I have no idea how I'm supposed to pair up with people to play. 

- I don't have a problem with the boss fights like a lot of people online are complaining about. 

- Some of the cinematics are pretty cool. 

• Like 4

On 6/16/2023 at 11:25 AM, MKnight82 said:

- The game starts off fun but really slows down around level 30. Leveling from 30-50 takes forever.  I think they need to tweak the leveling because it feels like a huge grind, and supposedly you can go all the way to 100.  I can't imagine how long that takes.  I'd like to be able to play with another character class but its taking me so long with my first.

Supposedly 85 is halfway to 100

Ive persoanlly been enjoying the eff outta this game.

Main story was meh but the final level with Lilith and that cutscene with Inarius was incredible. Id watch a 2 hour movie with that animation and art style. 

Started with a softcore Barb to start out got to around 70 something on it but moved on to a hardcore Sorc and have been enjoying it. DPS is hard to come by and youre always fighting mana but its fun playing as a wizard.

All the world bosses are super dope. Helltide as well is pretty neat.

I suggest playing HC changes the game and your build entirely.

26 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Ive persoanlly been enjoying the eff outta this game.

Main story was meh but the final level with Lilith and that cutscene with Inarius was incredible. Id watch a 2 hour movie with that animation and art style. 

Started with a softcore Barb to start out got to around 70 something on it but moved on to a hardcore Sorc and have been enjoying it. DPS is hard to come by and youre always fighting mana but its fun playing as a wizard.

All the world bosses are super dope. Helltide as well is pretty neat.

I suggest playing HC changes the game and your build entirely.

What did you do to level from 50 to 70?  Once I hit like level 35 the leveling has slowed significantly for me.

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

What did you do to level from 50 to 70?  Once I hit like level 35 the leveling has slowed significantly for me.

Higher world tiers is the big one, always having an elixir going for the xp gain, NM dungeons and helltide. Tree of the whispers is decent xp too over 100k xp each time you turn in but i dont think its as effective at higher levels. But id say Helltide, NM dungeons and always having an elixir are the 3 big ones.

I'm at 45 with my Sorc and 25 on my Rogue.  Finding Sorc to be really boring right now but will respec once I get to level 50.  It feels like the only damage I do is from Frost Nova and Arc Lash but as soon as my mana runs out I just do nothing.  

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

I'm at 45 with my Sorc and 25 on my Rogue.  Finding Sorc to be really boring right now but will respec once I get to level 50.  It feels like the only damage I do is from Frost Nova and Arc Lash but as soon as my mana runs out I just do nothing.  

Frozen orb enchantment helps with DPS. I used to use deep freeze as an "oh ****" button for HC but with the flame shield enchantment and the elixir of death i felt like i could sacrifice deep freeze for inferno and that helps with DPS, fire also has a passive where you get like 20% increased mana regeneration for like 3-5 secs when you kill an enemy thats burning or something along those lines (i dont have the game open right now so im going off memory but its something along those line) that also helps a bit. The basic attack Frost Bolt also has a passive where you generate mana per enemy hit thats chilled or frozen. But from what ive read and heard Sorcs will always be fighting for mana. Maybe fire build only is the way?

Gather mobs, freeze them with frost nova (it also has a passive where you gain 4 mana per enemy frozen), tele out with teleport, use inferno on the frozen mob, use ice shards as well on the mob and hope i kill burning from enemies from inferno to regen the mana. Thats what my thinking was atleast. Even with a affix that helps me regen mana (im forgetting the exact wording on it) on a ring im still fighting for it.

On 6/16/2023 at 1:25 PM, MKnight82 said:

- First I just want to say that overall the game is enjoyable but it doesn't live up to the hype of what this series could be. 

- How the hell are you going to have a Diablo game where you don't fight Diablo? I know that they plan to add to the story via "seasons" and probably a future expansion, but the main antagonist of the series isn't a DLC character.  I mean come on. 

I didn't really like the ending, but I assume it is going to keep going in the seasons (and DLC). I loved the overall story. In D2 we sent all 3 of the prime evils back to Hell, and then in D3 we defeated Diablo infused with the power of all 3. Doing the same again would be boring, and wouldn't make sense in the overall story. It was great to get more backstory into Sanctuary and the lesser evils. 

Same, the leveling between 30 and 50 needs to be scaled better. Also, your build really doesn't change after like 20-25 since you already have your main skills and modifiers. It makes leveling feel like a grind instead of a reward. 

- The music is generic and boring. 

Bro. Awful take. The soundtrack BANGS. 

-  Its weird that they forced the game into being an open world MMO type game, but it feels like an even more solo game playing experience than the previous games. In D2 it was easy to pair up with people to play multiplayer. In this game I have no idea how I'm supposed to pair up with people to play. 

It is cool seeing other players around the world, but they NEED a way to easily match up with players, even if it is only for specific dungeons/bosses/events. 

I just beat the campaign at level 45 with a Rogue so now I'm excited to check out the end game stuff. 

7 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I'm a 52 necro and I'm only having any kind of difficulty on certain bosses. They'll plow my minions and it can be harder to generate corpses when the boss is targeting you... the Curator in the Cathedral of Light is a good example.

My 54 necro is a breeze right now. Bone spirit destroys dungeon bosses in one hit with a crit on WT3. The only issue is individual enemies are a pain in the butt and generally not worth the trouble.