Diablo 4

showtime

On 5/31/2023 at 10:38 AM, Heimdallr said:

Cool, I didnt know that! I'll have to try to find those patch notes

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2/23938388/diablo-ii-resurrected-ladder-season-4-now-live#Patch

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2/23899624/diablo-ii-resurrected-ladder-season-three-now-live

Fire Druid in D2 destroys now. Definitely worth checking it back out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm pretty worried about this game.  It looks like Diablo 3 with a new coat of paint. I was really hoping they would make significant changes from D3. 

Just from the Beta playthroughs I can assure you that it plays like a hybrid of D2 and D3. IMO it strikes a pretty good balance between the sometimes painful plodding of D2 and the ADHD speed of D3. I really enjoyed it. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Just from the Beta playthroughs I can assure you that it plays like a hybrid of D2 and D3. IMO it strikes a pretty good balance between the sometimes painful plodding of D2 and the ADHD speed of D3. I really enjoyed it. 

Nothing I've seen gives off a Diablo 2 vibe. The attacks are all chaotic and all over the screen. The inventory screen and items look like they were designed for a mobile app. The dungeons all look like Rift runs from D3. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I just booted up D2R and got a Druid up to level 35-40. Can confirm that fire druid is pretty awesome, especially with a full crew of summons! Having 8 wolevs and a bear is how it always should have been. I'll probably respec to wind once I hit Hell though

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Nothing I've seen gives off a Diablo 2 vibe. The attacks are all chaotic and all over the screen. The inventory screen and items look like they were designed for a mobile app. The dungeons all look like Rift runs from D3.

It seems like it starts out more Diablo 2-ish, but then gets more D3-like as you get to the end game. Which for some people is fine but not for me. I'm a weirdo who needs the painful plodding.

8 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I just booted up D2R and got a Druid up to level 35-40. Can confirm that fire druid is pretty awesome, especially with a full crew of summons! Having 8 wolevs and a bear is how it always should have been. I'll probably respec to wind once I hit Hell though

Yeah that's the play to get you through, but eventually if you get a Sunder charm you can go back to fire without having to worry about immunities. I wasn't a fan of them at first but they've definitely made the game better.

EDIT: Also all of normal in 3 hours that's moving pretty good.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

22 hours ago, showtime said:

Got over 30 hours played so far.

Oh btw, all the people who said the servers wouldn't work. Literally 0 queue and 0 crashes for me since playing. Game has been flawless for me. This is one of the best launches ever.

I was just thinking that today. They had a hiccup on Saturday but the launch so far has been completely flawless. I'm curious when the full release occurs if issues start happening. 

So beat the campaign and doing endgame content now. Pretty happy with the endgame content at launch but I've found one major thing that is disappointing to me. Due to the level scaling and open world I never actually feel like i've gained any ground which makes building gear towards something not very exciting up to this point. Maybe end game will fix that problem but I should be able to go back to Kyovoshad and rush through it like a frozen orb sorc power leveling a buddy in Diablo 2 but instead I feel like its taking me just as long if not longer to kill the enemies in that area then it did at level 10. There should be parts where collecting gear makes me feel more powerful but it just hasn't really happened outside of very few times where I've collected an item with just the right new aspect and stats to really to make a big difference. Its even more hilarious when you play with buddies with large level gaps. Watching my buddies level 25 outdamage my level 52 druid is pretty disheartening. When we compared damage numbers it was pretty damn hilarious how much more damage I do yet it feels like less then him. 

Part of me is morbidly curious about what would have happened if D4 sucked. Blizzard has been taking nothing but major L's for a couple of years now. Like everything they touched has been a ****storm but they're such a large influential company that they've managed to weather the storm that many others couldn't. Honestly, it's a bit of a miracle that D4 came out decent with all the internal problems Blizzard is working through. I really wonder what would happen to the video game industry if Blizzard failed again. I don't think we've ever seen any studio in a position like this.

15 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Servers have been down for several hours….

It is pretty crazy that there is no option for offline play. Even if some features are removed and your progress doesn't carry over to online, you should at least be able to play the base game.

On 6/1/2023 at 10:06 AM, MKnight82 said:

I'm pretty worried about this game.  It looks like Diablo 3 with a new coat of paint. I was really hoping they would make significant changes from D3. 

This game doesn't look like Diablo 3 at all.