Vikings at Falcons

coors

I know this thread is coming way late..

we didn’t get the Falcons game up here in Chicago today.. what the hell happened? Just looking at the box score it looks like we were dreadful at everything today. Disgusting numbers.. 

6 hours ago, coors said:

I know this thread is coming way late..

we didn’t get the Falcons game up here in Chicago today.. what the hell happened? Just looking at the box score it looks like we were dreadful at everything today. Disgusting numbers.. 

we actually ran the ball really well, freeman was gashing them at times. drops and penalties along with solid d really hurt us.

I was actually not making these GDT's since from the moment we stopped the Falcons kept winning. So I guess right its fine to use the forum again ;)

About what happened.

Offense never really got a rhythm going. Every time it seemed like they were about to get rolling drops or penalties killed the momentum. During the entire game we had one impressive drive (the first one? or second? not sure anymore?) but even that ended up being a field goal. 

The defence actually played decently but just couldn't get it done. It seemed like every darn time a player was an inch short of getting a TFL or a sack. Which then turned into a big gain for the Vikings. It was kind of frustrating to watch. 

I think its fair to say that the Vikings are a more well rounded team right now, still I don't think they'd win this matchup 10/10 times. It was kind of one of those days for the entire team. Hell even Matt Bryant missed a field goal. 

Xavier Rhodes:  “Like I said in all my interviews before, Julio can get his. He’s going to get his catches, they’re going to try and feature him any possible way. We were just aware of it. I wasn’t on him all game. I was on him 90 percent of the game, but when I wasn’t, we still covered him.”

Safety Andrew Sendejo had a key breakup when Jones appeared to shake loose of the coverage and the secondary’s work against Jones had a ripple effect on the entire Falcons offense. Matt Ryan‘s 173 passing yards were his lowest in a game since 2013 and that kind of defensive performance is why the Vikings are now in possession of the top perch on NFC playoff ladder.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/04/vikings-held-julio-jones-in-check/

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Xavier Rhodes:  “Like I said in all my interviews before, Julio can get his. He’s going to get his catches, they’re going to try and feature him any possible way. We were just aware of it. I wasn’t on him all game. I was on him 90 percent of the game, but when I wasn’t, we still covered him.”

Safety Andrew Sendejo had a key breakup when Jones appeared to shake loose of the coverage and the secondary’s work against Jones had a ripple effect on the entire Falcons offense. Matt Ryan‘s 173 passing yards were his lowest in a game since 2013 and that kind of defensive performance is why the Vikings are now in possession of the top perch on NFC playoff ladder.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/04/vikings-held-julio-jones-in-check/

and...

did you mean to post this here?

well, yes. it's discussion of the game, right?

the OP's starting question was what the heck happened basically, and the answer was the MINN defense.

you guys are fine and still very much alive. take care of NOLA once or twice, any Viking fan is happy to see that happen.

21 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

well, yes. it's discussion of the game, right?

the OP's starting question was what the heck happened basically, and the answer was the MINN defense.

you guys are fine and still very much alive. take care of NOLA once or twice, any Viking fan is happy to see that happen.

thats not really the right answer. it was definitely good defense, but penalties and drops at inopportune times really hurt. 

good defense...? that's it?

you guys converted your first third down attempt in the first quarter, and then went 0-9 after that. was that all because of drops, penalties, and inopportune times?

i'm not here to rub salt in a wound, no one likes to see their team lose, particularly at home. Viking fans have dealt with many loss induced heartbreaks over the years, we know the pain. but i don't think you should discount the MINN defense as simply being a "good" one.

24 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

good defense...? that's it?

you guys converted your first third down attempt in the first quarter, and then went 0-9 after that. was that all because of drops, penalties, and inopportune times?

i'm not here to rub salt in a wound, no one likes to see their team lose, particularly at home. Viking fans have dealt with many loss induced heartbreaks over the years, we know the pain. but i don't think you should discount the MINN defense as simply being a "good" one.

vikings have a very good defense overall, i just dont think you can watch that game yesterday and say thats why they lost. especially the way freeman ran.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

yay, we're up to very good now! :D

go get 'em next week, guys. come out mad and hungry.

You are lucky I love ya VD xD  Please don't give them any ideas. I am just hoping Lattimore was held out against the Panthers so he could be 100% for Julio. And even then, we all know Julio will still get his. I've been nervous about a lot of games this season and the Saints have done nothing but show they are up to the task for the most part. Ingram and Kamara running over everyone, Lattimore and Crawley playing amazingly, Cam Jordan being Cam Jordan. But this Thursday will be the hardest match up for the Saints post Week 3. Best QB and WR corp we have faced all season (post Brady). Carolina's D is better statistically then Atlanta's, and we had no issue with them twice. But Atlanta's ALWAYS brings it when it comes to our matchups recently. I'm expecting a split in the series. Should be a banging game.

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

vikings have a very good defense overall, i just dont think you can watch that game yesterday and say thats why they lost. especially the way freeman ran.

Kind of surprised the Falcons went away from that. He was averaging over 6 yards a carry. I don't know if they were trying to protect him after his recent concussions but Freeman was great yesterday.

3 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Kind of surprised the Falcons went away from that. He was averaging over 6 yards a carry. I don't know if they were trying to protect him after his recent concussions but Freeman was great yesterday.

I will never understand why they didn't hand him the ball 20 times yesterday.

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

I will never understand why they didn't hand him the ball 20 times yesterday.

Didn't seem like there was a lot of play action either. Just a bad coaching job imo by Sarkesian (sp?) and Quinn. Falcons scared me more than any other team after our bye. All the pieces on offense to give our defense some problems.

Archived