Biggest HOF Snubs?

HerbertGOAT

Ive always said Randy Gradishar for this. He won DPOY in 79', made the Pro Bowl 7x in 10 years playing and finished his career with the most tackles of all time (2,049).

To put that into perspective, the next closest is Ray Lewis at 1,568.

How he is not in at 70 years old I have no clue. Somebody on the committee is going to need to explain that to me.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Would anyone be upset if Bo made it in?

I wouldn't be upset, per se, but I would think it was incredibly stupid.  There are multiple guys from that early 2000's logjam that are having trouble even getting a sniff that should go in well before Jackson.  Bo is more story than substance, when talking strictly NFL career, and how that pertains to enshrinement.  

3 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I wouldn't be upset, per se, but I would think it was incredibly stupid.  There are multiple guys from that early 2000's logjam that are having trouble even getting a sniff that should go in well before Jackson.  Bo is more story than substance, when talking strictly NFL career, and how that pertains to enshrinement.  

But wasn't he one of the top few RB's ever? 

Just now, Tetsujin said:

But wasn't he one of the top few RB's ever? 

From a talent perspective, probably.  At some point, you have to actually produce at a high level for a claim like that to be any more than a what if though.  All of that other hype and folklore doesn't really mean anything when it's about just the NFL though.  He's rightfully in the College Hall, and would probably be in some kind of general athletes hall, but he's nowhere close to Canton worthy.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The guy with 1 season over 700 rushing yards and 18 career TDs? You want to put him in the Hall of Fame?

You realize he didn't play whole seasons and then got injured?

He averaged 5.4 YPC for his career. That dwarfs Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

If he's one of the best of all time, which he clearly is, then he should be in.

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

You realize he didn't play whole seasons and then got injured?

He averaged 5.4 YPC for his career. That dwarfs Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

If he's one of the best of all time, which he clearly is, then he should be in.

I am well aware of that.

So Tony Pollard should go in right now, right? He's a part time player with great efficiency. Same career stats as Bo.

He's not one of the best of all-time outside of pure talent. Nothing he did on the field says he should be a Hall of Famer.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

The game tape says HOFer.

This is just a wild take to me. He was a good part-time player for 38 games. Ssoooo many players have looked great in part-time roles for small bursts.

Putting him in would be a joke. Want to put Percy Harvin in? He had some elite game tape. Alvin Kamara should have retired after 3 seasons so you could vote him into the Hall of Fame.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Putting him in would be a joke. Want to put Percy Harvin in? He had some elite game tape. Alvin Kamara should have retired after 3 seasons so you could vote him into the Hall of Fame.

The past 5 years have had a way higher YPC in general.

Bo was so far above his peers as a player, that's why I think he should be in.