Biggest HOF Snubs?

HerbertGOAT

3 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

The past 5 years have had a way higher YPC in general.

Bo was so far above his peers as a player, that's why I think he should be in.

Based on what? A couple long TD runs?

Get outta here, man. Bo had crazy talent, but so have so many other players that didn't produce...just like Bo.

You start putting people in on just talent then you might as well just get rid of the whole thing.

43 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Forget Bo, Roger Craig is the HOF HB snub.  I don't see any argument for this snub.

One of the first great all-purpose backs, top 5-10 for his whole career, winner, passed the eye-test, he should be a lock. Not sure why he never made it.

14 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Based on what? A couple long TD runs?

Get outta here, man. Bo had crazy talent, but so have so many other players that didn't produce...just like Bo.

You start putting people in on just talent then you might as well just get rid of the whole thing.

With the opportunities Bo had, he was ultra productive.

Not thinking he should be in the HOF because of a limited career and total body of work is one thing, but thinking he's not a HOF-caliber player is an asinine opinion. 

13 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

If Bo Jackson deserve to be in the HOF because of his YPC,Jamaal Charles need to be in too

Charles has strong argument because he was a great RB who had injuries derailed his career. I'm for putting in great players who had injury issues. 

And Jerome Bettis is somehow in the HOF. That's what's kinda weak for me. Likability I guess? The nickname? Just being a good Steeler who was healthy and for a decade and compiled stats?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

With the opportunities Bo had, he was ultra productive.

Not thinking he should be in the HOF because of a limited career and total body of work is one thing, but thinking he's not a HOF-caliber player is an asinine opinion.

Efficiency goes down with more volume. It's not surprising that in a part-time role with limited responsibilities and expectations that he was able to be efficient. This is a fact for all sports.

He was a Hall of Fame caliber talent. You have to produce far more than he did (or be an important player on a dynasty I guess) to be a Hall of Fame caliber player.

I'm not denying that he was talented and a generational athlete, but putting him in just for that when he was a part-time player for 4 seasons would be a joke.

• Like 3

I know it can take some time for WRs to get in, but Torry Holt should be in the HOF.  He's the only major player from the GSOT that isn't in the Hall yet, as Pace, Bruce, Faulk, and Warner have all been inducted.  6 consecutive 1300+ yard seasons, including leading the league twice, and over 13,000 career receiving yards.  Even considering the jam of WRs who are waiting or will be waiting, I don't get why it has taken so long.  

• Like 9

It will never happen but Lorenzo Neal was a damn good lead blocker for some really good running backs over his career.

LaDanian Tomlinson, Warrick Dunn, Eddie George, Corey Dillon and was essentially another lineman in the backfield.

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

It will never happen but Lorenzo Neal was a damn good lead blocker for some really good running backs over his career.

LaDanian Tomlinson, Warrick Dunn, Eddie George, Corey Dillon and was essentially another lineman in the backfield.

He would lead for Alstott too, when TB would play him as the I back.  Played a similar role in Baltimore, late in his career, when they'd go heavy with Le'Ron McClain.  That'd be nightmarish stuff for an LB to see coming out of the huddle.   No post split back set FB's would make the Hall, but if there were a section created for that more modern FB, he'd be in.  

• Like 2

On 6/7/2023 at 9:57 AM, Tetsujin said:

You realize he didn't play whole seasons and then got injured?

He averaged 5.4 YPC for his career. That dwarfs Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

If he's one of the best of all time, which he clearly is, then he should be in.

Being one of the most talented is not the same as being one of the best. Also cherry picking one stat does nothing for your argument.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

He would lead for Alstott too, when TB would play him as the I back.  Played a similar role in Baltimore, late in his career, when they'd go heavy with Le'Ron McClain.  That'd be nightmarish stuff for an LB to see coming out of the huddle.   No post split back set FB's would make the Hall, but if there were a section created for that more modern FB, he'd be in.  

Man I'd love to see Lo-Neal in the Hall. Literally just a pulling guard in the backfield. 

On 6/8/2023 at 11:43 AM, iknowcool said:

I know it can take some time for WRs to get in, but Torry Holt should be in the HOF.  He's the only major player from the GSOT that isn't in the Hall yet, as Pace, Bruce, Faulk, and Warner have all been inducted.  6 consecutive 1300+ yard seasons, including leading the league twice, and over 13,000 career receiving yards.  Even considering the jam of WRs who are waiting or will be waiting, I don't get why it has taken so long.  

Not to mention he was on the 2000s All Decade team so a lot of the same writers already recognized him as one of the very best of his era! The only other notable players not in the hall on that team are guys who recently retired like Brady and Gates or special teamers who should be in the hall like Hester and Hall.

On 6/7/2023 at 2:03 PM, Tetsujin said:

The past 5 years have had a way higher YPC in general.

Bo was so far above his peers as a player, that's why I think he should be in.

On yards per carry? Not really. He was high for sure, but 1. Am I remembering incorrectly or did Allen come in on short yardage and goal-line runs, the kind that tend to decrease YPC? 2. Look up James Brooks' numbers for the three seasons Bo was over 100 carries. I think he might have been higher.

Bo was as electric as they come (and not just the video game version), but when you throw in that after his rookie season he really didn't contribute much in the passing game, it is tough to make a Hall of Fame argument. He falls short even against other guys who had their career cut short but achieved a much higher volume of greatness during their time on the field (Davis, Sharpe, Willis, etc.).

And I might be biased because I live in an area with ties to both, but I'd second Ken Anderson and Roger Craig.

On 6/11/2023 at 8:39 PM, Superduperman said:

I'm gonna change the subject from Bo for a minute and ask: what players suffer the most from sacks not being kept as an official stat until 1982? Who would be in if they were counted all along?

I'm gonna give two Lions players: Roger Brown and Bubba Baker.

I will counter and ask are sacks the most overrated stat? Whoever is the sack leader seems to win DPOY, sacks get talked about in HOF discussion, ect. Its like they are more important than anything you can do defensively. I watched Jason Taylor rob Champ Bailey of a DPOY award in 2006 because he had 13 sacks and 9 FFs from it meanwhile Champ had a league leading 11 INTs on top of rarely getting thrown at as a CB, not a S.