Biggest HOF Snubs?

HerbertGOAT

14 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Mike Shanahan had more career wins and Super Bowls than Bill Cowher did.  That has to be a snub, right? 

Two superbowls in a row.

Innovative coaching style. 

Helped TD have an absurd year snd playoff run.

Helped rg3 have a crazy rookie year to 

5 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Quite the coaching tree as well, of we're adding that ( and we should)

1/3 of the league is running Mike Shannahans offense (or a variation of it) lol His tree is insane.

• Kyle Shannahan
    • Robert Salah
    • Mike McDaniel
    • Matt Lefleur
      • Arthur Smith
      • Nathaniel Hackett
      • Luke Getsy
  • Sean McVay
    • Zac Taylor
    • Brandon Staley
    • Kevin O'Connell
  • Anthony Lynn
  • Gary Kubiak
    • Kevin Stefanski
  • Art Shell
    • Bill Callahan
    • Marc Trestman

Edited by AkronsWitness

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

1/3 of the league is running Mike Shannahans offense lol His tree is insane.

• Kyle Shannahan
    • Robert Salah
    • Mike McDaniel
    • Matt Lefleur
      • Arthur Smith
      • Nathaniel Hackett
      • Luke Getsy
  • Sean McVay
    • Zac Taylor
    • Brandon Staley
    • Kevin O'Connell
  • Anthony Lynn
  • Gary Kubiak
    • Kevin Stefanski
  • Art Shell
    • Bill Callahan
    • Marc Trestman

Atlanta's offense is an amalgum of multiple branches, tbh. Arthur Smith gets input from Ragone, Ledford and Yates on the structure of it. 

Ragone - Reid tree from Nagy

Yates - Kubiak Tree from Kubiak

Ledford - College coaching tree, but heavy in ZBS from the Alex Gibbs line.

23 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

1/3 of the league is running Mike Shannahans offense (or a variation of it) lol His tree is insane.

• Kyle Shannahan
    • Robert Salah
    • Mike McDaniel
    • Matt Lefleur
      • Arthur Smith
      • Nathaniel Hackett
      • Luke Getsy
  • Sean McVay
    • Zac Taylor
    • Brandon Staley
    • Kevin O'Connell
  • Anthony Lynn
  • Gary Kubiak
    • Kevin Stefanski
  • Art Shell
    • Bill Callahan
    • Marc Trestman

I don't see how Art Shell is from the Mike Shanahan tree. 

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Mike Shannahan was the HC of the Raiders in 88-89, Art Shell was on his staff as the OL coach before taking over as the HC.

Yeah you might want to read up about Shanahan and Shell's relationship at that time. Just because 2 guys were on the same staff doesn't mean that one is an extension of the tree. Shell of course was a HOF O-lineman who had been coaching O-line for the Raiders since 1983. Several Raider coaches clashed with Shanahan, and Art Shell won the power struggle. 

I just think it's not accurate to say a guy like Shell, and HOF offensive lineman who coached O-line for 5 years before Shanny arrive, then endured 1 season of Shanahan before becoming HC, is part of his tree. 

In fact, if Shell was a disciple of Shanahan, Al Davis never would have hired him as HC! Davis and Shanahan despised each other.  

9 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Yeah you might want to read up about Shanahan and Shell's relationship at that time. Just because 2 guys were on the same staff doesn't mean that one is an extension of the tree. Shell of course was a HOF O-lineman who had been coaching O-line for the Raiders since 1983. Several Raider coaches clashed with Shanahan, and Art Shell won the power struggle. 

I just think it's not accurate to say a guy like Shell, and HOF offensive lineman who coached O-line for 5 years before Shanny arrive, then endured 1 season of Shanahan before becoming HC, is part of his tree. 

In fact, if Shell was a disciple of Shanahan, Al Davis never would have hired him as HC! Davis and Shanahan despised each other.  

I'm not the one who made the parameters man it was simply from a graphic on a sports website when I searched for his tree lol

https://theanalyst.com/na/2022/02/mike-shanahan-zone-run-blocking-scheme-super-bowl-lvi-los-angeles-rams-cincinnati-bengals/

Edited by AkronsWitness

18 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I'm not the one who made the parameters man it was simply from a graphic on a sports website when I searched for his tree lol

https://theanalyst.com/na/2022/02/mike-shanahan-zone-run-blocking-scheme-super-bowl-lvi-los-angeles-rams-cincinnati-bengals/

OK then my beef is with Cory Kinnan of OptaAnalyst. Sloppy application of the concept of coaching tree. 

On 8/29/2023 at 3:09 PM, AkronsWitness said:

• Kyle Shannahan
    • Robert Salah
    • Mike McDaniel
    • Matt Lefleur
      • Arthur Smith
      • Nathaniel Hackett
      • Luke Getsy
  • Sean McVay
    • Zac Taylor
    • Brandon Staley
    • Kevin O'Connell
  • Anthony Lynn
  • Gary Kubiak
    • Kevin Stefanski
  • Art Shell
    • Bill Callahan
    • Marc Trestman

Sean McVay is not from the Shanahan tree. He is from the Gruden tree. I have no clue why this gets constantly mixed up? He started with Jon in Tampa and then Jay brought him to the AFL with the Tuskers. After that he ended up on our staff under Shanny but he was well versed in the Gruden tree by then. And then he stayed on when everyone else got fired after Jay took over and then eventually became Jay's OC. 

Edited by lavar703