Biggest HOF Snubs?

HerbertGOAT

Who are some of the greatest players not in the HOF, and probably should be? Some of mine are:

• Jim Marshall: The all-time leader in Approximate Value for eligible players not enshrined, Marshall's amazing career was overshadowed by one buffoonish mistake.
  • Ken Anderson: Joe Montana before Joe Montana, he was absurdly accurate against the teeth of the vicious 1970's NFL defenses. Led the league in Comp% 3 times, Yards twice, Passer Rating 4 times, and won an MVP. Forever marred by not winning a Ring on teams that were lucky to make the playoffs.
  • Jeff Saturday: The Sergeant to Peyton's General, Saturday was arguably the best Center of the 2000's. HC career not withstanding.
  • Like 4

Player A - 256 games, AV 138, 23 INT, 39 sacks, 1384 solo tackles, 19 FF, 12 FR, 96, PDs, Super Bowl Champ, 4x Pro Bowl, 2x All Pro

Player B - 182 games, AV 152, 22 INT, 41.5 sacks, 1046 solo tackles, 11 FF, 16 FR, 8x Pro Bowls, 5x All Pro, 1 DPoY, Hall of Famer

Player C - 184 games, AV 148, 17 INT, 20.5 sacks, 1107 solo tackles, 16 FF, 8 FR, 48 PDs, 7x Pro Bowl, 7x All Pro, Hall of Famer

Player D - 224 games, AV 192, 25 INT, 13.5 sacks, 1300 solo tackles, 24 FF, 4 FR, Super Bowl Champ, 11x Pro Bowls, 9x All-Pros, 1 DPoY, Hall of Famer

Player E - 268 games, AV 195, 18 INT, 56.5 sacks, 1077 solo tackles, 11 FF, 18 FR, 12x Pro Bowler, 9x All-Pro, 1 UPI DPoY

Player A is London Fletcher, Player B is Brian Urlacher, Player C is Zack Thomas, Player D is Derrick Brooks, Player E is Junior Seau

Hall of Very Good? Probably. The man was underappreciated his whole career though. 

• Like 3

For the first part of your question, I would say Darren Sharper.  Not sure he really falls into the second portion though.  He has the on field resume that just gets thrown out  before consideration, due to his own actions.  Snub isn't the word I'd use for him though, just mentioning him from a caliber of playing career perspective. 

I could see Antonio Brown getting a similar treatment, down the road. 

Saturday will eventually get in.  I think he is getting a little of the Jerry Kramer treatment from so many of his teammates getting in.  Saturday should go in before Reggie Wayne though, imo, but both could be hurting the others cause with Peyton, Edge and Marvin in.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Player A - 256 games, AV 138, 23 INT, 39 sacks, 1384 solo tackles, 19 FF, 12 FR, 96, PDs, Super Bowl Champ, 4x Pro Bowl, 2x All Pro

Player B - 182 games, AV 152, 22 INT, 41.5 sacks, 1046 solo tackles, 11 FF, 16 FR, 8x Pro Bowls, 5x All Pro, 1 DPoY, Hall of Famer

Player C - 184 games, AV 148, 17 INT, 20.5 sacks, 1107 solo tackles, 16 FF, 8 FR, 48 PDs, 7x Pro Bowl, 7x All Pro, Hall of Famer

Player D - 224 games, AV 192, 25 INT, 13.5 sacks, 1300 solo tackles, 24 FF, 4 FR, Super Bowl Champ, 11x Pro Bowls, 9x All-Pros, 1 DPoY, Hall of Famer

Player E - 268 games, AV 195, 18 INT, 56.5 sacks, 1077 solo tackles, 11 FF, 18 FR, 12x Pro Bowler, 9x All-Pro, 1 UPI DPoY

Player A is London Fletcher, Player B is Brian Urlacher, Player C is Zack Thomas, Player D is Derrick Brooks, Player E is Junior Seau

Hall of Very Good? Probably. The man was underappreciated his whole career though. 

London Fletcher should make the HOF purely off the fact that he was the only Washington FA signing in like a 10-year span that didn't suck.

• Like 4

He is not a snub anymore but the one that really bothered me up to 2018 was Jerry Kramer. Dude was probably playing the most important blocker of one of the most iconic plays in NFL history. Lombardi also called him the best player he has ever coached. Glad he got in before he passed it was well overdue. 

Not to mention he had one of the most badass early NFL injury returns in history. Dude was literally impaled through his stomach on a piece of wood and showed up for practice two weeks later. 

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Who are some of the greatest players not in the HOF, and probably should be? Some of mine are:

• Jim Marshall: The all-time leader in Approximate Value for eligible players not enshrined, Marshall's amazing career was overshadowed by one buffoonish mistake.
  • Ken Anderson: Joe Montana before Joe Montana, he was absurdly accurate against the teeth of the vicious 1970's NFL defenses. Led the league in Comp% 3 times, Yards twice, Passer Rating 4 times, and won an MVP. Forever marred by not winning a Ring on teams that were lucky to make the playoffs.
  • Jeff Saturday: The Sergeant to Peyton's General, Saturday was arguably the best Center of the 2000's. HC career not withstanding.

good call.. the man was amazing and he would have played for on of the more popular teams in the day, he would have been in a long time ago

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Why?

Maiva would have EASILY been the GOAT if it weren’t from injuries. I still think he’s in the conversation even despite the short career.

Scott Player is the toughest player in NFL history. Look at that mustache and tell me you are denying his bid to the HOF.