2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

27 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't think Cousins is that good.... yeah I said it.

I gotta agree here.  He’s good, but not $30m good.

That being said, Kirk is a genius.  Washington wouldn’t pay him what he wanted, so he played their game and took the franchise tags making over $40m over the past two years.  Now he doesn’t need a long term deal.  He can take this three year monster deal, then hit FA again at 33 yers old.

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

I gotta agree here.  He’s good, but not $30m good.

That being said, Kirk is a genius.  Washington wouldn’t pay him what he wanted, so he played their game and took the franchise tags making over $40m over the past two years.  Now he doesn’t need a long term deal.  He can take this three year monster deal, then hit FA again at 33 yers old.

It'll be fun watching his noodle arm (that's not fair, his arm is fine) try to cut the Chicago winds when we're battling them for a playoff spot.

34 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't think Cousins is that good.... yeah I said it.

He's better than anyone they've had since Favre.

And let's be real, if Bears were looking for a QB right now we'd be all over Cousins.  It's not often that an above average starting QB hits the open market.

Good move for the Vikes who are in win now mode with that roster.  They are still the team to beat in the North.

Cousins is good enough to win a SB with the Vikings, but I think his contract is going to mean they have a very very narrow window to do that in.  Not super up on their contracts but a deal that size has a way of ******* up your books.  Guess it's probably best for all parties that it's a 3 yr deal. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

5TDl5JK.jpg

I’m gonna need a minute... 

I'm giving him an average of $15 million per season, puts him 5th in the NFL and $500k ahead of Davante Adams.

Compare the career numbers of Adams and Watkins, and then recall that Adams played his entire career with Aaron Rodgers (save for a handful of games this season).

MAKE IT HAPPEN PACE!@#$!#@^%

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm giving him an average of $15 million per season, puts him 5th in the NFL and $500k ahead of Davante Adams.

Compare the career numbers of Adams and Watkins, and then recall that Adams played his entire career with Aaron Rodgers (save for a handful of games this season).

MAKE IT HAPPEN PACE!@#$!#@^%

I’m game. Make it happen. 

ALSO - benefit not yet discussed with Watkins and Robinson seemingly hitting UFA is that it pushes Albert Wilson and his contemporaries down the list making their price tags potentially a bit lower. Two of his potential suitors will now have him as their secondary option. I realistically think we can add Watkins/ARob AND Wilson for a combined $20M a year, and maybe less. All of a sudden our board opens WAAAAAAY up on draft weekend, and that’s before we make any other moves in FA. 

Some examples of what's playing in my head:

RPO slant
Now route
Vertical route
Jet Sweep
Bubble screen
Tunnel screen

He can take the top off a defense and have safeties roll coverage over to him, and if you want to play off him you can hit him on a now route and get him the ball with blockers in front of him. It's beautiful. And he's 24 with a chip on his shoulder wanting to be great.

(He even lines up in the backfield, takes a handoff and converts on 3rd and 3 FFS!)

15 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m game. Make it happen. 

ALSO - benefit not yet discussed with Watkins and Robinson seemingly hitting UFA is that it pushes Albert Wilson and his contemporaries down the list making their price tags potentially a bit lower. Two of his potential suitors will now have him as their secondary option. I realistically think we can add Watkins/ARob AND Wilson for a combined $20M a year, and maybe less. All of a sudden our board opens WAAAAAAY up on draft weekend, and that’s before we make any other moves in FA. 

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade and I know money talks, but even though Watkins is a FA I feel he'd much rather sign with other teams than the Bears just due to the fact that he's a southern guy (FLA) and has already endured harsh enough winters playing up in Buffalo his first few years.  I'm sure if he has his druthers he'd pick playing in Cali or somewhere warmer over Chicago.  That;s just the vibe I get from him.

On the other hand I feel like ARob is a more likely target.  He's from Detroit and grew up playing in Bear weather.  He'll also likely come a little cheaper than Watkins will due to the ACL injury.  He's also a Cubs fan, good friends with Amos, and also has a connection to Charles London the Bears RBs coach.  Just connecting the dots.

Just now, Rogerthat said:

@G08  your dream has come true rams tagged Joyner.  Sammy is free.  Hopefully Ryan is on Sammy's door step at 12:00am with a bag full of money a suitcase full of cocaine and a limo full of hookers

giphy.gif

When it's all said and done, we should have around $77,507,716 to play with (this is with Cooper and Wheaton still on the roster).

Sammy Watkins - $15 million/year average, puts him 5th in the league and $500k ahead of Davante Adams (compare their career numbers, and keep in mind Adams had Rodgers)

$62,507,716

Kyle Fuller - $12 million/year average, puts him 10th in the league.

$50,507,716

Cameron Meredith - qualifying offer of $2.746 million (2nd round compensation)

$47,761,716

That's a decent spot to be in before you start looking at signings for depth. You can get rid of Cooper and add another $5 million to your pocket and go after a Bashaud Breeland at corner. Get rid of Wheaton for another $5 million and you can sign Albert Wilson.

Watkins
Meredith
Wilson
White

That's a solid top 4 in my football world.

Archived