2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

38 minutes ago, WindyCity said:
9388.jpg

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Rams are "working actively" to re-sign free agent Sammy Watkins.

Watkins is reportedly "open to staying." La Canfora mentions Watkins possibly settling for a "bridge" contract, likely on a one- or two-year deal to continue to rebuild other teams' confidence in his ability to stay healthy and effective. Watkins' "market" to this point has been pretty quiet. Most teams likely view him as a fallback plan to fellow free agent Allen Robinson.

At this stage IMO LA would need to blow his doors off to have him not at least see what the market would bear, even if he ultimately intends to take that number back to LA and offer to let them meet it. I don’t think they’re in a position to do that. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

“Jags and Bears are the two teams to watch out for with Allen Robinson.” ~ @PSchrags @gmfb

I want either Robinson or Watkins... but I'm not going to lie man, Watkins would be a 10 for me and Robinson like a 7.5.

If he wasn't coming off a torn ACL he'd be closer to an 8.5. We need speed on this offense, badly.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Ben Allbright was asked

"Other than Wilson and Burton is anything else going on in Chicago?"

His response was

"They are in on Robinson, but not sure they get him"

Pace needs to get his salesman hat on.

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Pace needs to close on something in teir 1.

His bargain basement shopping has been abysmal.

What a crazy off-season this has been. I never in a million years thought I'd be relieved at hearing we may not get Allen Robinson.

Jesus Christ. Sammy Watkins owns me.

22 minutes ago, G08 said:

What a crazy off-season this has been. I never in a million years thought I'd be relieved at hearing we may not get Allen Robinson.

Jesus Christ. Sammy Watkins owns me.

Same, brother. So much of what we are hearing without any tentative agreements announced is posturing though generated by the agents. “Oh, Bears may not get that guy” many times is a play for the Bears to add money to the offer. Then they’ll flip it. “Bears seen as front runner” and so forth. These next 53ish hours are gonna be rough, and I’m gonna be on 2 flights to Vegas pretty much from the point FA officially opens until like midnight on Wed. Gonna have to pay for the stupid plane internet. Twice. ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Same, brother. So much of what we are hearing without any tentative agreements announced is posturing though generated by the agents. “Oh, Bears may not get that guy” many times is a play for the Bears to add money to the offer. Then they’ll flip it. “Bears seen as front runner” and so forth. These next 53ish hours are gonna be rough, and I’m gonna be on 2 flights to Vegas pretty much from the point FA officially opens until like midnight on Wed. Gonna have to pay for the stupid plane internet. Twice. ?‍♂️

The worst for me was when I was on my honeymoon in Costa Rica. I was in the middle of the jungle with 1/2 a bar and I was begging my buddy to send me updates every hour. So on the hour I'd be running around like a maniac standing on rocks and climbing trees to get a signal only to learn we just signed Bobby Massie xD

Archived