2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You need to take a step back from the ledge man.  First of all, all you can do right now as a gm is negotiate.  There will be no signings today or tomorrow.  Secondly, perception of the Bears this year is much different than last year.  Last year you had a coach on the hot seat, a gm potentially on the hot seat, add to that a very murky qb situation.  You have none of that this year.  New modern, innovative, young hc.  A gm who was just extended and just hired his guy, and a 2nd year qb who finished the season very well and is well thought of throughout the entire league.  Its polar opposite to last year.  

McCaskey’s still run the team and the bears don’t resign their own players. Alshon hated playing here. Kyle Fuller balls out and get tagged I think players take note of that.  Finally. Moose Muhammad said it best Chicago is where WRs go to die 

Just now, Rogerthat said:

McCaskey’s still run the team and the bears don’t resign their own players. Alshon hates playing here. Kyle Fuller balls out and get tagged I think players take note of that.  Finally. Moose Muhammad said it best Chicago is where WRs go to die 

They tagged Fuller to give themselves more time. They re-signed Long, Leno, etc. How many people would you want to retain from the Emery regime? I sure as hell don't want many more of them. Hicks was extended after his contract was nearing an end and there is talk of Goldman and Amos already getting preliminary extensions talked through.

Jeffery should have been tagged, I agree, but he should be thankful Pace didn't just tell him to shut the hell up and say he is playing on the franchise tag. He was allowed to go to PHI BECAUSE of Pace, not in spite of him. So I doubt he has the resentment you're putting forth. Also Fuller balled out one year and half his rookie season. We pretty much all want him back but if he wants a Josh Norman deal he can GTFO. I think players know the team will not rush in and make stupid deals on extensions. That shouldn't be looked at in a negative way. What if we threw ridiculous money at Wooton when he had 7-8 sacks? He had one decent season with his stats being padded due to clean up sacks and fantastic coverage. They are simply going through a process, and I'm kind of happy they aren't making knee-jerk reactions. Also remember, they aren't going back and forth each day on these, they are meeting with the player and agent (or just the agent) and hashing things out, then will schedule on whatever day works for them. We can sit here and type every day, but they don't focus on these deals every day, they have scouting and a host of other things to focus on right now, and have time allotted for re-signings. It's only March, maybe they are interested in the college tourney, who knows. lol

4 hours ago, G08 said:

I tell Watkins here's 5 years/$65 million/$24.5 guaranteed. You want it or not?

My guess is he will demand more guaranteed. Most deals are a shade under 45% which would be closer to 28 million guaranteed.

I would pay him that in a heartbeat.

29 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

McCaskey’s still run the team and the bears don’t resign their own players. Alshon hated playing here. Kyle Fuller balls out and get tagged I think players take note of that.  Finally. Moose Muhammad said it best Chicago is where WRs go to die 

No the McCaskeys own the team they dont run the team.  The team is run by Ryan Pace and that message has been sent loud and clear in both words and actions on multiple occasions now.  Bears have resigned their own guys when resigning their own guys has been warranted.  Who outside of Alshon Jeffery are you upset about the bears not resigning under Ryan Pace?  And as far as Moose's comments go, didnt seem to really apply to Alshon Jeffery, Brandon Marshall, or Martellus Bennett.  Moose played hard but he was seriously overpaid by a gm who was desparate for an NFL wr.

19 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

My guess is he will demand more guaranteed. Most deals are a shade under 45% which would be closer to 28 million guaranteed.

I would pay him that in a heartbeat.

You know me bro, I'm down to give him 5/$70 million/$35 guaranteed (can cut him after 3 years and only take a shade less than $12 million per season in hits). 

I'm already sick of waiting and it hasn't even been 12 hours lol

Just now, G08 said:

You know me bro, I'm down to give him 5/$70 million/$35 guaranteed (can cut him after 3 years and only take a shade less than $12 million per season in hits). 

I'd offer the deal to both him and Robinson. Structure would even show that the first year is heavily loaded to let them see they get paid now - and a lot now.

I hear you, I have stayed away from the forum for most of the say because of the waiting. Read through a few threads and already sick of it. lol

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I feel you there.  I expected to get a couple rumors at least and maybe some "come to terms" type announcements today.  We've got nothing.  The NFL suckered us in again for an all day no news day.

@RapSheet

The #Dolphins have emerged as the front-runner for #Chiefs FA WR Albert Wilson, sources say, with a hotter than expected market. It’s still fluid, one source cautioned. He’s coming off a career high in catches (42) and yards (554) and would beef up the receiving group.

The #Dolphins have emerged as the front-runner for #Chiefs FA WR Albert Wilson, sources say, with a hotter than expected market. It’s still fluid, one source cautioned. He’s coming off a career high in catches (42) and yards (554) and would beef up the receiving group.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

@RapSheet

This feels like the Bears are blowing a lay up.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

This feels like the Bears are blowing a lay up.

Screw it, I hope we miss out on him and focus on making sure we land Watkins. 

Let White run Wilson's routes for all I care, and when he gets hurt the rookie can take over. 

Archived