Broncos sign Frank Clark

broncosfan_101

3 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

...so then who's our QBOTF? Not Russ...

I don't think Russ's future occupies much of Paytons time. He'll either learn Sean's offense and do well in it or he won't. Who knows, maybe Davis Webb can miraculously turn him into a pocket QB. That's got to be quite a challenge for a 1st time 28yo coach.

I'm interested to see how Lombardi does. Looks to me like he can be a legit OC. Wouldn't that be a nice change. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 4:38 PM, AKRNA said:

I don't think Russ's future occupies much of Paytons time. He'll either learn Sean's offense and do well in it or he won't. Who knows, maybe Davis Webb can miraculously turn him into a pocket QB. That's got to be quite a challenge for a 1st time 28yo coach.

I'm interested to see how Lombardi does. Looks to me like he can be a legit OC. Wouldn't that be a nice change. 

Imagine having a competent offensive coaching staff. I forgot what that was like. Proof will be in the pudding, but not down is straight up at this point as far as the offense goes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 12:07 AM, AKRNA said:

I agree. Personally I think Seans looking at building a team that will start being truly competitive in about 3-4 years.  

Agreed. Next 18-36mo will be about figuring out QB - Russ or otherwise, restocking the cabinets w/ young talent after the trade, and expunging toxins from the org.  

Plus, Mahomes/Kelce/Reid are primed to rip through the AFCW for another couple years.