2024 NBA Draft Discussion: Hawks, Wizards, Rockets and Spurs are 1-4.

Texansfan713

4 hours ago, Kingram said:

Imagine a client telling every team that if they draft his mid af 2nd round player he will refuse to sign and play in Australia. 

This is not a common occurrence. Rich Paul is for sure a clown. 

Any agent can do that with their client.  And any team could have the balls to test them.  But he's either a non-prospect and you're mad at the concept (which he isn't the first agent to do) OR he's a legitimate prospect and his agent did exactly what his client wanted.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Any agent can do that with their client.  And any team could have the balls to test them.  But he's either a non-prospect and you're mad at the concept (which he isn't the first agent to do) OR he's a legitimate prospect and his agent did exactly what his client wanted.

Or it's just another thing for people to be "mad" at LeBron for. People are weird.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kingram said:

No. He told one team not to draft him, the Pistons. He actually went on record saying he felt the Lakers were the second best fit for him. Lets not re-write history to defend this garbage. 

If he told one team, doesn't it stand to reason that he told others?  Just because only one was reported doesn't mean that's the entirety of the truth.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

If he told one team, doesn't it stand to reason that he told others?  Just because only one was reported doesn't mean that's the entirety of the truth.

Literally straight out of his mouth. He didn’t force his way to Lakers. He had multiple teams at the top of his wish list.

Draft Winners:

1.  Utah Jazz:  Jazz were one of my winners last year and now they were winners this year.  Cody Williams has as much upside as any player in the draft, but that's not the reason they won the draft.  They ended up getting a guy who was potentially projected as the top pick in this draft a year ago in Isaiah Collier.  IDC how he was underwhelming at USC, he was a steal at 29.  Jazz followed up with taking a guy who was projected to be a lottery pick in Kyle Filipowski in round 2. Danny Ainge did work this draft. 

2.  Minnesota Timberwolves:  Wolves ending up giving a 2023 1st round pick swap (top 1 protected) and a 2031 unprotected 1st to get a top 10 talent and PG of the future. Dillingham can learn from Conley year 1 and possibly take over the reigns to join the core of Anthony Edwards, KAT and Gobert.  This move will end up being a steal for them.  They followed up by taking a player I am higher on than most in Terrence Shannon.  I expect him to be a year 1 contributor for them. 

3.  Portland Blazers:  As a Rockets fan, it's the fact they didn't let the Grizzlies get him.  Clingan was 2nd on my big board and the Blazers got him at 7.  

Losers

1.  Hornets:  I'm not sure what the Hornets were thinking this draft.  Salaun was a reach at 6.  If they wanted him they could have traded back a few spots and gain an extra player/pick. 

2. Pistons:  Holland was a reach to me.  I had him rated outside the top 10 in my rankings and the Pistons took him at 5.  I do not like the fit either because they badly need shooting to go with Cade.  Jaden Ivey, and Ausar Thompson dont fit that bill. If it was up to me I would have took the gamble with Matas Buzelis, or heck even Dalton Knect. 

3. Bucks:  AJ Johnson was a big time reach.  The Bucks are all in and they should have picked a player who can help them win now.  Terrence Shannon would have been perfect for him.  Same thing with Tyler Smith.  I would have chosen a NBA ready type player at 33. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Draft Winners:

1.  Utah Jazz:  Jazz were one of my winners last year and now they were winners this year.  Cody Williams has as much upside as any player in the draft, but that's not the reason they won the draft.  They ended up getting a guy who was potentially projected as the top pick in this draft a year ago in Isaiah Collier.  IDC how he was underwhelming at USC, he was a steal at 29.  Jazz followed up with taking a guy who was projected to be a lottery pick in Kyle Filipowski in round 2. Danny Ainge did work this draft. 

2.  Minnesota Timberwolves:  Wolves ending up giving a 2023 1st round pick swap (top 1 protected) and a 2031 unprotected 1st to get a top 10 talent and PG of the future. Dillingham can learn from Conley year 1 and possibly take over the reigns to join the core of Anthony Edwards, KAT and Gobert.  This move will end up being a steal for them.  They followed up by taking a player I am higher on than most in Terrence Shannon.  I expect him to be a year 1 contributor for them. 

3.  Portland Blazers:  As a Rockets fan, it's the fact they didn't let the Grizzlies get him.  Clingan was 2nd on my big board and the Blazers got him at 7.  

Losers

1.  Hornets:  I'm not sure what the Hornets were thinking this draft.  Salaun was a reach at 6.  If they wanted him they could have traded back a few spots and gain an extra player/pick. 

2. Pistons:  Holland was a reach to me.  I had him rated outside the top 10 in my rankings and the Pistons took him at 5.  I do not like the fit either because they badly need shooting to go with Cade.  Jaden Ivey, and Ausar Thompson dont fit that bill. If it was up to me I would have took the gamble with Matas Buzelis, or heck even Dalton Knect. 

3. Bucks:  AJ Johnson was a big time reach.  The Bucks are all in and they should have picked a player who can help them win now.  Terrence Shannon would have been perfect for him.  Same thing with Tyler Smith.  I would have chosen a NBA ready type player at 33. 

Nick Smith Jr was the #1 HS recruit the previous year and went #27 to the Hornets after a lackluster season at Arkansas.  He had his moments and lead the rookie class in 3p% but he has a long, long way to go to be a functional rotation member.   Point being there's some caution to Collier being a steal because of his pre-USC rankings.    

Salaun was not making it past the Spurs at 8.   Many are speculating they traded out of 8 once Salaun was no longer available.   Hornets GM took a couple trips to Europe to watch him and spend time with him and loves his traits.  Reportedly had a good workout as well.    We desperately need a PF with size, playing 6'6 Bridges and 6'6 Grant Williams there.    As the youngest player in the draft he has a long way to go but wasn't a reach.     Personally I liked Buzelis and Carrington with Castle off the board but like Salaun as the choice.     Hornets, by nature of being the Hornets, will always have their selections questioned but think this new administration is off to a strong start starting at last season's trade deadline