Jump to content

2024 NBA Draft Discussion: Hawks, Wizards, Rockets and Spurs are 1-4.


Texansfan713

Recommended Posts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's gonna fully be determined by whoever gets the #1 pick and their roster balance IMO. Next year's class has no real top dog. You could tell me any one of Holland, Wagner, Williams, James, Buzelis, Risacher, Collier, Edwards or Castle went #1 and I'd believe you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Bronny probably will go #1 simply because it means it’s a package deal for LBJ on a discount.

I know most are joking but at what level would a team actually think about this for a 40 year old Lebron?  Like say Bronny was in this draft and it means you get 1 maybe 2 years of Lebron, where is the cutoff of future value of player drafted vs 2 years of Lebron?  Like maybe Portland would have given it could pair up Lebron and Dame but I think I would rather have Scoot for the future than a 1 or 2 year run.  The Hornets might have this year just so MJ could have been Lebrons boss but in general, with a young Ball you want a young Miller/Scoot over a 1 or 2 year run with Lebron and Ball.  After that it gets tricky but I don't see teams as far away as the Pistons, Rockets, Magic, etc throwing away the future for a 1 or 2 year Lebron run at this age.  Maybe Washington would have if they kept KP and Beal. I feel like Dallas would have been the sweet spot where they could have added Lebron to Luka and Kyrie and they are in more of a win now mode.  Next year it may be different depending on the draft order and how some guys develop both in the league and in the draft but I feel like the late lottery/early exit playoff teams with another star is thew sweet spot for Bronny unless he actually rockets up draft boards deservingly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Coen Carr is a sleeper to shoot up draft boards this year.  He is crazy athletic and seems to have a solid offensive game and can defend multiple positions.  I don't see him as a top 5 pick or anything but could be one of those sneaky guys that moves into the lottery if he has a solid year for Izzo.  Especially since he should have all the opportunity in the world to start amongst a very veteran group of players.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I know most are joking but at what level would a team actually think about this for a 40 year old Lebron?  Like say Bronny was in this draft and it means you get 1 maybe 2 years of Lebron, where is the cutoff of future value of player drafted vs 2 years of Lebron?  Like maybe Portland would have given it could pair up Lebron and Dame but I think I would rather have Scoot for the future than a 1 or 2 year run.  The Hornets might have this year just so MJ could have been Lebrons boss but in general, with a young Ball you want a young Miller/Scoot over a 1 or 2 year run with Lebron and Ball.  After that it gets tricky but I don't see teams as far away as the Pistons, Rockets, Magic, etc throwing away the future for a 1 or 2 year Lebron run at this age.  Maybe Washington would have if they kept KP and Beal. I feel like Dallas would have been the sweet spot where they could have added Lebron to Luka and Kyrie and they are in more of a win now mode.  Next year it may be different depending on the draft order and how some guys develop both in the league and in the draft but I feel like the late lottery/early exit playoff teams with another star is thew sweet spot for Bronny unless he actually rockets up draft boards deservingly. 

I think a team with either an established star or a mess of cap space would do it. Legitimately, if they were guaranteed Bron. If my team was picking #1 and we weren’t a total abortion, gimme the Brons over the guys next year, unless one of those dudes looks like a megastar within the coming months, which I don’t see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It's gonna fully be determined by whoever gets the #1 pick and their roster balance IMO. Next year's class has no real top dog. You could tell me any one of Holland, Wagner, Williams, James, Buzelis, Risacher, Collier, Edwards or Castle went #1 and I'd believe you.

You'd believe Bronny going #1, ain't no way in hell. I'm not even sure he's a OAD level dude to be honest and he's likely going to be the third fiddle at USC behind Collier and Ellis. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You'd believe Bronny going #1, ain't no way in hell. I'm not even sure he's a OAD level dude to be honest and he's likely going to be the third fiddle at USC behind Collier and Ellis. 

If LeBron told Portland that he'd sign there if they took him and Dame said "LeBron or I'm leaving," yeah, I could see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If LeBron told Portland that he'd sign there if they took him and Dame said "LeBron or I'm leaving," yeah, I could see it.

I don't think any team in the league is passing on an elite level prospect for an average one for one year of 40 year old LeBron.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think any team in the league is passing on an elite level prospect for an average one for one year of 40 year old LeBron.

Don't really see any prospect in this class as an "elite level" prospect at this point. It's a subpar class at the top.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...