Who will win the AFC West in 2023?

notthatbluestuff

Who will win the AFC West in 2023?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the AFC West in 2023?

• Denver Broncos
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Las Vegas Raiders
    • Los Angeles Chargers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2023 at 11:00 PM

16 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I'd be very surprised given that the Chiefs have been to the AFC title game at worst for five years straight and the "Super Bowl hangover" didn't stop them from having an even better season after winning the SB in 2019.

There hasn’t been a repeat SB champion in two decades. KC has had stretches in previous seasons where they lacked motivation. It could happen this season 

33 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Don’t be surprised to see KC take a step back after winning the SB. The classic super bowl hangover 

Maybe so but I don't think any of the other teams in that division will threaten KC winning the AFCW unless the Chiefs are hit hard by injuries.

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

There hasn’t been a repeat SB champion in two decades. KC has had stretches in previous seasons where they lacked motivation. It could happen this season 

There had never been a team winning the SB at their own stadium until 2020 - then it happened two years in a row. There hadn't been an MVP winning the SB in the same season since Warner - until Mahomes just did it. The Chiefs might well slow down, but it won't be due to an arbitrary loss of motivation or a "Super Bowl hangover."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

But that wasn't the question of the OP.  The question was whether KC would win the AFCW not the SB this coming season.

Just now, Pugger said:

Who do you see winning that division?  The Chargers perhaps?

I’m not sure who takes it but I don’t think it is a KC slam dunk again.

I personally think this division is wide open to win. It’s the only division in the NFL with 3 QBs reaching the Super Bowl and 2 winning one as a starter.

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’m not sure who takes it but I don’t think it is a KC slam dunk again.

I personally think this division is wide open to win. It’s the only division in the NFL with 3 QBs reaching the Super Bowl and 2 winning one as a starter.

So you don't even see a specific team that's good enough to win.  The Chiefs just won't because reasons.  OK.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

They were 14-2 and have been in the super bowl in 2020 after winning the super bowl in 2019.True that in 2021 they had a very slow start but they still finish in the 2nd seed and they were in the AFC title game once again

The super bowl hangover has very little effect on established teams like the chiefs right now or the pats in the past.They are very likely to be in the hunt

8 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

KC has had stretches in previous seasons where they lacked motivation. It could happen this season 

I hate the Chiefs. This is wishful thinking personified. They have no legitimate competition, even if they were unmotivated.

Denver is too putrid offensively.

Vegas is just hilariously bad.

LA is just too soft mentally and physically.

KC is gonna roll again, as much as I'd love for them to suck nards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I hate the Chiefs. This is wishful thinking personified. They have no legitimate competition, even if they were unmotivated.

Denver is too putrid offensively.

Vegas is just hilariously bad.

LA is just too soft mentally and physically.

KC is gonna roll again, as much as I'd love for them to suck nards.

Narratives from each team tend to change every year. NFL is a parity league and worst to first flips a lot. Just because a team had success last year isn’t promised the following year

A year ago the Rams was thought to be an elite top 5 team. 2 years ago Bengals was predicted to finished last in their division. Jags predicted to finish 3rd in ‘22 and so on.

I get it, the easy thing to look at is KC wins again but I don’t see it that clear. I see every team in this division has an argument to win it legitimately. More than in previous seasons

9 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

They were 14-2 and have been in the super bowl in 2020 after winning the super bowl in 2019.True that in 2021 they had a very slow start but they still finish in the 2nd seed and they were in the AFC title game once again

The super bowl hangover has very little effect on established teams like the chiefs right now or the pats in the past.They are very likely to be in the hunt

If Super Bowl hangover didn’t exist we would have more repeat champions. The Rams didn’t even make the playoffs last season. Not out of the realm of possibility the KC have a sub par year

Edited by bucksavage1