Week 14: VIKINGS (10-2) at Panthers (8-4)

swede700

Vikings tackle Mike Remmers won’t play Sunday against his old team, but he’s been passing on plenty of tips to his replacement. Remmers played with the Panthers from 2014-2016 before signing a five-year, $30 million contract with the Vikings. It will be the second straight game Remmers has missed with the back problem after sitting out three with a concussion. He has been replaced each time at right tackle by second-year man Rashod Hill.

Hill:  “He’s given me a lot of advice on players that he played against before. He tells me what their go-to move is, and what they do. He’s been giving me a lot of advice on things that I need to do, and I’m pretty sure he’s going to tell me again.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/08/vikings-mike-remmers-wont-play-at-carolina-but-has-provided-tips-on-former-team/

19 hours ago, HEYPAUL! said:

The Minnesota Vikings are undefeated when we have at least 300 yards of total offense. Only time we didn’t get over 300yards was game one Detroit and @ the Steelers.

seems like if we score 10 or more or break 300 total offense we win.

is Carolina capable of stopping us?

Those stats aren't really reliable; the two situations have more aspects to consider; e.g. opponent's offensive capability, opponent's ability to stop the run and force MN to pass - yielding 300 yds, but perhaps few points.   Better stats would be offensive yds compared to the same for the opponent; e.g. 300+ vs < 250 yds for opponent, or 300+ yds + plus 1 net takeaways.  

Net turnovers, time of possession, and factors that affect field position are ALWAYS decisive.

One factor that may be overlooked is the Vikings pass rush to pressure Newton.  If Carolina plans to roll him out to escape rushes up the middle, and the DL doesn't ably contain him, he could buy time to find an open receiver, or run for 1st down conversions.  A mix of roll outs and screen passes could be their game plan, so it's going to be a 'chess match challenge' for Zimmer to counter those plays/ tactic.  Will Hunter, Griffen, etc. properly perform their 'contain Cam' duties?

9ihger.jpg

Tight end David Morgan is out with a concussion, suffering the injury on the first offensive play last week against the Atlanta Falcons. Morgan has averaged more than 40 percent of snaps in the four games leading up to last week and has played a key role in run blocking and in setting up play-action looks. In Morgan’s place will be tight end Blake Bell, who the Vikings picked up following training camp.

Zimmer: “He probably played his best game last week and he continues to get better each week. He’s doing a nice job in blocking, one of his better blocking games. He’s athletic in the passing game.”

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/12/morgan-remmers-vikings-vs-panthers/

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Close games are probably a good thing for us preparing us for the playoffs, but one big blowout would be fun.

we'd see Bridgewater get some snaps too.

i'm not sure we'll ever see a blowout unless we have defensive and/or special teams scores.

51 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I'm actually sick of close games. I want to see a 30+ point game and a shut out... that would be neat.

Close games are probably a good thing for us preparing us for the playoffs, but one big blowout would be fun.

I'm not sure this offense is capable of putting up enough points to blow a team out. I don't expect much more than 20 points weekly, which is fine if the defense keeps teams under 20.

Archived