Week 14: VIKINGS (10-2) at Panthers (8-4)

swede700

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Regardless, someone has to be brought up to replace him.

I honestly would guess it would be Collins

With Elfein listed as questionable, I'd imagine they would want another lineman active.

Projected Inactives:

Bower

Brown

Coley

Johnson

Morgan

Remmers

Sloter

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I'm not sure this offense is capable of putting up enough points to blow a team out. I don't expect much more than 20 points weekly, which is fine if the defense keeps teams under 20.

We’ve seen that it is, we’ve scored 30+ multiple times this season. I don’t expect it to happen against the Panthers, but maybe one of the last 3 games.

Just now, Worm Guts said:

We’ve seen that it is, we’ve scored 30+ multiple times this season. I don’t expect it to happen against the Panthers, but maybe one of the last 3 games.

Sure, maybe against bad defenses it may happen. But I'd like to see more against quality defenses.

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I'm not sure this offense is capable of putting up enough points to blow a team out. I don't expect much more than 20 points weekly, which is fine if the defense keeps teams under 20.

It's capable. Last week was low, but had put up 30+ in three of the previous four games.

I think it doesn't happen more often than not because of game plans. Once we get a healthy lead, we ice the clock.

4 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I think it doesn't happen more often than not because of game plans. Once we get a healthy lead, we ice the clock.

Basically was coming here to post the same thing.

Logically I guess it is the smart thing to do.

Highly unlikely to be up by 3 TD's and when you put it in cruise control that you suddenly burst out a couple more TD run's when the team knows what is coming.

I hope we have Barr spying or rushing Cam most of the game. He is one of the few players in the lead with both the speed and size to neutralize him on the ground. 

The DEs are also going to need to be disciplined to hold the edges and keep him in the pocket.

6 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I honestly would guess it would be Collins

With Elfein listed as questionable, I'd imagine they would want another lineman active.

Projected Inactives:

Bower

Brown

Coley

Johnson

Morgan

Remmers

Sloter

I wouldn't be shocked if they bring up Johnson either. I don't think the Panthers are going to try and throw the ball all over the place. As good as the defense has been, it still has had moments where the opposing team has been able to run on the. Johnson might be brought up to help with depth on the interior with Morgan being out

The Panthers have the most offensive drives of six minutes or more with 15. The Vikings are second with 12.

Carolina is the least penalized team in the league with just 61. They also have surrendered the fewest penalty yards with 509.

Panthers kicker Graham Gano has touchbacks on 52 of 62 kickoffs (85.2 percent), the best percentage in the league.

https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Article/Minnesota-Vikings-looking-for-a-franchise-first-since-1975-112018811

Archived