49ers Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

On 7/31/2023 at 2:59 PM, Forge said:

Nah, not at all. I have no interest in Deebo beyond next year (or at most the end of his contract) given his age and history, but even if we did keep him around, there's going to be some money coming off the books by 2025-26

Aiyuk is under contract this year, and his cap hit next year on an extension will likely be lower than his cap hit on the option. That takes us through 2024. I'm fine with moving on from Deebo at age 29 if need be (also assumes that we haven't moved on from Trent and / or Kittle by that point as well, and AA should almost certainly be gone). 

That's really helpful, thanks!

• Like 1

Ok soooo I sat with Jess, Steph, Rohan, Ted lol, and Raj today. Chatted it up with Chapman. 

I thought Purdy was solid overall. Had a few throws (a dropped INT) that where off but he was in constant pressure. Oline getting me nervous. We counted 7 sacks but he had zero time. Trent Williams actually played 11 on 11 and he was rusty. Today Purdy started to look like himself I thought. When stuff broke down he escaped and tried to make something out of nothing. Trey was fine he had a throw he perfectly placed to Aiyuks left outside arm that Aiyuk caught with one hand as his right hand Ambry had his arm locked. Darnold had two bad throws in red zone that could have been intercepted. 

For me the guy who has impressed me the most was TDP. Guy is running like a freaking bowling ball quick fast and decisive.  There is something with how CMC has conducted in camp that is contagious with the RBs Jordan Mason also was going so hard. Fun practice.  

Kinlaw has been outstanding been destroying almost every snap he's playing. If he's healthy will be a solid rotational DT. 

Taco had a sack was instantly impressed with him. 

Latu has been massively disappointing for me. Had another drop probably the worst TE out there. Willis was solid think he's starting to find his way up the depth chart. Still think Woerner is the #2 TE. Will post more when I have time. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Forge said:

Good read

There were a couple of mishaps, however, and both highlighted Purdy’s potential shortcomings. On one rep, Purdy threw a 10-12 yard out route to George Kittle, but Deommodore Lenoir jumped the pass for a would-be interception, but he couldn’t hold on.

The referee called a flag on D-Mo, but the play happened right in front of me and I couldn’t believe a penalty was called. It was an outstanding play from Lenoir, but it’s also a throw both Sam Darnold and Trey Lance have hit consistently during camp.

We can’t give credit or dismiss a play because of a penalty. Again, practice is about the process, not the result.

Compared to:

Difference between someone who knows what they are looking at to someone who is just going off of stats. Again, don't get it twisted, the reason TC stats became a thing is partly because these beat writers don't know what they are seeing so they can use stats as easy analysis. I saw the ending of the play on the 49ers practice highlight video they show every day and the pass break up had nothing to do with the hold. Great coverage by DMo and the pass didn't have enough juice. 

Brock making plays when the pocket collapses is good to see. I believe in him and know he will get back to form. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

Emmanuel Mosley had a clean up procedure and was placed on PUP by the Lions. Could be short-term, could be 6 weeks into the regular season

It makes sense why we moved on. It's a risk with injured players. And I like our CB depth with Ward, Lenoir, Oliver & Womack. Jamison is looking good and i hope we'll see Luter soon. That's probably the 6 CB's we'll keep on the roster

It really does suck for Moseley though. He was setting himself up for a nice payday before the torn ACL. Hopefully this is just minor 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Ok soooo I sat with Jess, Steph, Rohan, Ted lol, and Raj today. Chatted it up with Chapman. 

I thought Purdy was solid overall. Had a few throws (a dropped INT) that where off but he was in constant pressure. Oline getting me nervous. We counted 7 sacks but he had zero time. Trent Williams actually played 11 on 11 and he was rusty. Today Purdy started to look like himself I thought. When stuff broke down he escaped and tried to make something out of nothing. Trey was fine he had a throw he perfectly placed to Aiyuks left outside arm that Aiyuk caught with one hand as his right hand Ambry had his arm locked. Darnold had two bad throws in red zone that could have been intercepted. 

For me the guy who has impressed me the most was TDP. Guy is running like a freaking bowling ball quick fast and decisive.  There is something with how CMC has conducted in camp that is contagious with the RBs Jordan Mason also was going so hard. Fun practice.  

Kinlaw has been outstanding been destroying almost every snap he's playing. If he's healthy will be a solid rotational DT. 

Taco had a sack was instantly impressed with him. 

Latu has been massively disappointing for me. Had another drop probably the worst TE out there. Willis was solid think he's starting to find his way up the depth chart. Still think Woerner is the #2 TE. Will post more when I have time. 

I'm jealous, I've been on Steph's, & Chapman's shows, but to meet them in person, man I might geek out, they're really cool good people. Is Ted the Ted Talks Balls show guy? Been on his show, he's a cool guy. Another cool guy is JonnyDel, but I think he's from Alabama.