Cowboys Training Camp 2023

textaz03

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m definitely a fan of Mukuamu. I think you’re right that Mukuamu might be the guy if Diggs or Gilmore went down. But if we really need some help in the slot, Lewis brings a reasonable skillset to the table. I think there’s room for them both on the roster. 

Everything I’m reading from Dallas camp is they want Muk at safety. I just don’t get it. 

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

If Lewis is shipped, Daron Bland is gonna be your #3 Corner not Muk

I don’t think Lewis is getting shipped anywhere other than free agency. No one is trading a bag of mushy avocados for him. We do save some money by cutting him so that is a far more likely scenario imo. And we are talking about CB4 really not CB3 though Muk was way better than Bland in the playoffs. If Lewis is a cap casualty I think Muk is our CB4 over Wright and Joseph. And CB4 is just a hamstring tweak away from CB3. 

Edited by DaBoys

18 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I don’t think Lewis is getting shipped anywhere other than free agency. No one is trading a bag of mushy avocados for him. We do save some money by cutting him so that is a far more likely scenario imo. And we are talking about CB4 really not CB3 though Muk was way better than Bland in the playoffs. If Lewis is a cap casualty I think Muk is our CB4 over Wright and Joseph. And CB4 is just a hamstring tweak away from CB3. 

100% Mukuamu would be the option over Wright and Joseph, unless one of the latter has made a huge jump.

re: Bland, though - Bland played roughly triple the playoff snaps as Mukuamu, and was quite excellent all season long. Muk was extremely promising in his snaps, I agree. But that was a really small sample size, where Quinn was likely scheming to protect him from being exposed. Bland got so much more work throughout the season, and was excellent on the whole. I don’t think there’s any realistic shot Muk would pass him on the depth chart in the near term.

Washington next to OT Broderick Jones

647fc9a9ce963.image.jpg?resize=400,308

If we wouldn’t have F’d up the draft we would have had Joey Porter Jr., O’Cyrus Torrence, and Darnell Washington instead of the rag tag crew we got. You can talk me into Mazi over Porter Jr. But round 2 should be Torrence, and 3 should have been Washington. Maybe Martin doesn’t hold out if Torrence is drafted over Schoon, and would have given us a flexibility if/when Tyron gets hurt. Tyler could kick to LT l, Torrence goes to LG. 

Edited by DaBoys

9 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Washington next to OT Broderick Jones

647fc9a9ce963.image.jpg?resize=400,308

If we wouldn’t have F’d up the draft we would have had Joey Porter Jr., O’Cyrus Torrence, and Darnell Washington instead of the rag tag crew we got. You can talk me into Mazi over Porter Jr. But round 2 should be Torrence, and 3 should have been Washington. Maybe Martin doesn’t hold out if Torrence is drafted over Schoon, and would have given us a flexibility if/when Tyron gets hurt. Tyler could kick to LT l, Torrence goes to LG. 

Sheesh , let’s see them on the field when the season starts before we declare this draft a bust . Yea, I’m sure if Torrance was drafted Martin wouldn’t have held out 😑 , he wants to get paid appropriately, no rookie lineman was gonna scare him to show up and threaten his spot on the line 🤦‍♂️