Cowboys Training Camp 2023

textaz03

Also, I don’t understand why you are rushing to defend Schoonkaker as if betting on a 25 year old rookie who was a blocking TE in college, to fail to live up to being the 58th person drafted overall out of college football is reaching.
It’s more irrational to defend this pick simply because the cowboys made it. Like missing on a 2nd round pick is below this scouting department. Or was it something about his 3 TDs last season that you saw, and made you confident he was one of the top 60 players in all of college football?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PincheJimmy said:

So you think they  should have taken Dell with 2nd pk to be your 4th WR at best ?? We should get to see Schoonmaker play next week . That was a nice catch from Dell yesterday, looks like he had 3 drops as well .. 5 catches on 8 targets ,not sure if it’s goes down as a drop 

Where did I say that? Read back a couple of posts, I said they should’ve taken Torrence.

But the list of players that I would’ve taking over Schoonmaker is large and certainly includes Dell.

14 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I think Dell would have usurped Gallup who is almost guaranteed to be a cap casualty after this season barring a large pay cut. And then someone who could fill the Brandin Cooks role after he is gone, which will be soon. There is certainly a role for a young fast WR on this team. Last year made that plenty clear. The Cooks addition is patch at best. CD Lamb is the only long term guy at the position. Tolbert might make a leap this year though so here’s hoping. 

Yeah, lots of paths to helping this offense for Dell. Meanwhile, Jake Ferguson is liable to grab the TE1 spot and not ever give it up.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, quiller said:

Is anyone able to watch this game.   I have the DVR set for replay tomorrow.  I will follow play by play on. line.   I wonder just how many of our starters rest.    I expect a huge majority do not play

I can’t even find a link to watch it.

30 minutes ago, quiller said:

I was surprised to see that Lawrence played.   By stats alone not encouraged by our D though yes this is the scrubs so….

Our backups stopped them twice before getting scored on in a short field because Turpin fumbled. I’d say they held up well enough. Clark and Overshown in particular stood out