Cowboys Training Camp 2023

textaz03

12 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

This is not in defense of BMF, because I haven’t been able to stand the guy from day one. But I do expect he will make 53 man regardless of Lewis’s status. He was a core STer for Bones, and if push comes to shove, I don’t think they’re going to actually want to throw Eric Scott out there, so KJ probably fills the CB5 role just fine.

Perhaps. I’ve been playing around with the 53 and I just have a hard time seeing how Joseph and Goodwin both make it. They’d have to go pretty thin somewhere, maybe 23 total offensive players, given the glut at DB

43 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Perhaps. I’ve been playing around with the 53 and I just have a hard time seeing how Joseph and Goodwin both make it. They’d have to go pretty thin somewhere, maybe 23 total offensive players, given the glut at DB

I don’t think it really makes sense to lump Goodwin with the DB. He’s barely more of a DB than Bryan Anger. and 6 CBs is heavy, but not wildly so.

At the end of the day, I don’t think you are going to have too many painful cuts. IR stash Edoga, maybe Junior Fehoko, keep Jourdan on PUP. Then I think you can probably keep just about everyone you want who won’t make it through waivers.

What fringe guys are you most worried about being claimed off waivers?

I don’t think Davis, McKeon, or Grier are at much of a risk of being claimed. I think they’re likely to be cut from the 53 and used as practice squad callops.

John Stephen’s Jr. and Juanyeh Thomas are the ones that make me most nervous. (Brooks, too, but I kind of think he’s made the team). I hope we find a way to keep them.