Cowboys Training Camp 2023

textaz03

This game and this league are a bunch of **** anymore. Did you see that spot????

2 yards over where the QB landed. The announcers are as bad as CNN on Trump! They're talking up every Seattle player. Not a word about Dallas. 

What a sham!

6 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

This game and this league are a bunch of **** anymore. Did you see that spot????

2 yards over where the QB landed. The announcers are as bad as CNN on Trump! They're talking up every Seattle player. Not a word about Dallas. 

What a sham!

Yeah the announcers sucked. But what you expect when it’s Michael Bennett and Michael Robinson in the booth. Seattle Homers

This game was a major let down for down roster depth. Not overly impressed by what I saw with the exception of Sam Williams and Tolbert. 

OLine depth is a HUGE concern! Mazi was a BIG let down. They got one more preseason game to put it all together. But right now, I’m not seeing anything that’s making me warm and fuzzy. 

15 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

This game was a major let down for down roster depth. Not overly impressed by what I saw with the exception of Sam Williams and Tolbert. 

OLine depth is a HUGE concern! Mazi was a BIG let down. They got one more preseason game to put it all together. But right now, I’m not seeing anything that’s making me warm and fuzzy. 

Obviously the injuries stink. I disagree with what we’re seeing on the aggregate though. We’ve played almost entirely backups vs Jacksonville and Seattle’s first string and hung with them for at least a quarter or two, even looking sharper than them for a drive or two here and there. I think McCarthy’s play calling looks crisp so far. Some down roster guys showing out in Thomas and Land that we probably can’t keep. It’s clearly a good team from what I can tell, it’s just a question of how much attrition can we survive. Looks like we’re down LB3 and OT4 now.

Going to have to address OL depth for sure, assuming Waletzko is out. Should comb FA regardless tbh. Asim Richards did well again last night which is a big plus.

WR is definitely something to be excited about. Tolbert’s emergence really pushes the envelope.

Mazi is mildly concerning at this point, but seems on par with multiple scouting reports. He just needs time.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

They should have traded back and picked up the 3rd. We know at least Bergeron would be there 

Probably would have done the trade if it was certain that Bergeron would have been there at 31.  But I’m still more disappointed with our second round pick than drafting Mazi in the first.  We will never advance in the playoffs if we can’t stop the run.

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

They should have traded back and picked up the 3rd. We know at least Bergeron would be there 

The craziest part to me is them having Mazi as their 13th best player. He’s strong as heck, but the college production is not there. 

Bergeron plus an extra 3rd would’ve been really nice. Swing tackle versatility, along with the ability to play LG when Tyler takes over the LT spot. 

Edited by Tony7188

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Hindsight 20/20, but I do think they also would take the trade if they could go back in time.

Another question would be if their 12th or 13th player fell all the way down to pick 38 why wouldn’t they make more of an effort trade up from 58? They could have had both. 

Edited by DaBoys