Around the League: NFL Training Camp’s

textaz03

25 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

SF has named Sam Darnold backup QB. The Trey Lance experiment and all those draft picks given up didn’t go very well. 

Imagine that. A raw division II QB from North Dakota State who relied heavily on out athlete-ing weaker competition, and took a year off before the draft didn’t pan out. Huh 

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Trey Lance sat out his last year in college, then sat behind JimmyG his rookie year, then broke his leg his 2nd year. It’s been YEARS since Trey Lance played a season 

And still hasn't showed anything for San Francisco to want to keep him. 

On 8/23/2023 at 6:13 PM, DaBoys said:

Imagine that. A raw division II QB from North Dakota State who relied heavily on out athlete-ing weaker competition, and took a year off before the draft didn’t pan out. Huh 

Very fair assessment .. but you leave out how his physical gifts give him an opportunity to be exceptional in the NFL. It just will require a lot of time and dedication to his craft. A ton of coaching, film study, and effort. But those traits of his could create the next superstar.

His time ran out in SF not because of himself, but because of how good Purdy is NOW vs how good Lance might be in the future. It didn't make sense to continue the effort to develop a guy when you have your next young star passer to develop who is more ready and capable right now.

But to be fair, I do agree... And was not a fan of either N.D.S. prospect QB being taken in top 5. I won't name the other. But while you all here loved him, i did not, for the same reasons you mention Lance not panning out.

D2 passers In the top 5? Not my cup of tea. But for a fourth round pick? I'll take two, please.

Edited by Dallas94Ware
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, quiller said:

I am going to watch the cut list to see if there is anyone to upgrade Bass or Waletzeko or even Farinok.   

Farniok I wouldn't want to move. He is not impressive over all, but there is a lot of promise with his relentless style. He might be the kind of guy that doesn't really have his proverbial light come on until year 4 or 5, instead of 2 or 3. But I really like the relentless approach to blocking more than any other trait. You can really harness that with some work.