College Football - 2023

plan9misfit

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Stalions “resigned” from Michigan.

I think Harbaugh is goin to be in a world of crap too over this. There is no way he gets off clean from it. And unfortunately, I think the school is gonna take some heat too, possibly even keep them out of the playoffs. 

Edited by textaz03

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

I think Harbaugh is goin to be in a world of crap too over this. There is no way he gets off clean from it. And unfortunately, I think the school is gonna take some heat too, possibly even keep them out of the playoffs. 

If there’s any shred of truth to the other rumors swirling around, then Ohio State (mainly Ryan Day) may end up in some very hot water as well.

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

If there’s any shred of truth to the other rumors swirling around, then Ohio State (mainly Ryan Day) may end up in some very hot water as well.

Yup, just read that this morning. Seems like this is a bigger issue than originally thought. 

4 hours ago, D82 said:

Horns kept our playoff hopes alive and OSU knocks off the Sooners. Great day.

Just need to take care of business against TCU, Iowa State and Tech!! And hopefully somebody like Oregon or Washington falters and maybe Michigan gets pulled from contention due to their scandal 

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

Just need to take care of business against TCU, Iowa State and Tech!! And hopefully somebody like Oregon or Washington falters and maybe Michigan gets pulled from contention due to their scandal 

Nothing will happen to Michigan this season with respect to the scandal based on the NCAA bylaws. If we miss the playoffs, it’ll be because we lose one or more of our 3 remaining games.

And, I think there will be a lot more to this issue than what’s out there right now. If Ohio State (Ryan Day, specifically) has the potential ties to this like the reports are suggesting, then this will be a months or years long legal battle between the universities on multiple levels.

13 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Nothing will happen to Michigan this season with respect to the scandal based on the NCAA bylaws. If we miss the playoffs, it’ll be because we lose one or more of our 3 remaining games.

And, I think there will be a lot more to this issue than what’s out there right now. If Ohio State (Ryan Day, specifically) has the potential ties to this like the reports are suggesting, then this will be a months or years long legal battle between the universities on multiple levels.

https://dailysnark.com/2023/11/05/rumor-michigan-hc-jim-harbaugh-to-be-suspended-indefinitely-for-sign-stealing-scandal/?fbclid=IwAR0ErNksULdB8fyebJgOlCqIqlHkmCQBhh49UiUwe0QhNo-WliQyygQf5Wg_aem_AbrQWciSUb0Oa0wjMnQVG0ieKxhvjDxIlYEA9D947ae-m-nzRjjo64zseSP9BkYWD4k
That post didn’t age well.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

Yeah lawsuit to stay will be filed. But I can see why conference wants to act quickly, because they don’t want a team that may have cheated in the playoffs. Especially if NCAA later vacates the season like they did with USC years ago. 

4 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Yeah lawsuit to stay will be filed. But I can see why conference wants to act quickly, because they don’t want a team that may have cheated in the playoffs. Especially if NCAA later vacates the season like they did with USC years ago. 

True, but the B1G rules don’t allow them to take action during an active investigation. Michigan will assuredly be punished at some point, though.