College Football - 2023

plan9misfit

Sources: Ohio State is set to hire longtime NFL head coach Bill O’Brien as the school’s new offensive coordinator. O’Brien served last season as the Patriots’ offensive coordinator in 2023 and has been the head coach at the Texans and in the Big Ten at Penn State.

https://x.com/petethamel/status/1748171977016164502?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

In my proposed annual Thanksgiving weekend college football schedule I have SMU hosting Stanford in even years and California in odd years.

How would you feel about ABC airing the SMU game at 2:30 PM on Thanksgiving day every year, which would go up against a good chunk of the Cowboys game?

1 hour ago, pf9 said:

In my proposed annual Thanksgiving weekend college football schedule I have SMU hosting Stanford in even years and California in odd years.

How would you feel about ABC airing the SMU game at 2:30 PM on Thanksgiving day every year, which would go up against a good chunk of the Cowboys game?

Why? 

6 hours ago, D82 said:

Why? 

The NFL just started playing a game on Black Friday this year intruding on what has been a traditionally college football day.

The college game should respond by placing more games on Thanksgiving day, with CBS and Fox airing afternoon doubleheaders consisting of an NFL game and college game (with the time of the college game depending on whether a particular network has the Cowboys or Lions game that year), NBC airing a Big Ten game in between the National Dog Show and FNIA, ABC airing a tripleheader consisting of an American Athletic Conference game, the SMU home game against the Bay Area school, and Texas-Texas A&M, ESPN airing Ole Miss-Mississippi State, and ESPN2 rotating among the ACC-SEC rivalries.

Edited by pf9

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Chip Kelly is leaving UCLA to take the OC job at Ohio State. This makes me sick.

I don’t get it, leaving a HC position when he seemed to be doing a decent job for an Assistant position?? Is NIL money and transfer portals playing that big of a role on coaches for them to drop being a Head Coach??? 

6 hours ago, textaz03 said:

I don’t get it, leaving a HC position when he seemed to be doing a decent job for an Assistant position?? Is NIL money and transfer portals playing that big of a role on coaches for them to drop being a Head Coach??? 

I put this 100% on the transfer portal.

Side note, it was rumored 2 weeks ago around here that Ferentz had been in contact or Chip reached out to KF about Iowa’s OC opening. I completely laughed it off. Now, I’m left wondering.

Edited by WizardHawk

21 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Chip Kelly hates recruiting. He always has. He also knows that UCLA has no real chance of succeeding in the B1G, so leaving for a OC job is actually safer for his career than coaching a tanking program. Plus, he and Ryan Day are very close friends. Day played for Chip Kelly in college at New Hampshire, and Day coached under Kelly at multiple stops.

Edited by plan9misfit

• 2 months later...